Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:36:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules." (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update XXI: "Scientific Facts Are Not Hard And Fast Rules."  (Read 222004 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« on: February 12, 2015, 12:16:31 PM »

Scrap the pedo mustache if you go to Macy's

Regardless if you go to Macy's or not, you need to get rid of that stache.  It is horrendous.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 11:22:24 AM »

Wasn't around last night so will chime in now.  I think this is something with potential for Bushie.  It has some physical labor, but not to the point where its likely to be too demanding.  The fact he is moving around for a good portion of his shift is a bit of a good thing.  It isn't a scam and is a legit job.   When you have the interview I would look into the specifics to see how much physical labor is required, but it seems like it shouldn't be too demanding from the description.

Will it be a good fit for Bushie?  Maybe, maybe not, but it is a legit and honest job.  Even more important than that, it is starting to show that Bushie is finally starting to expand is horizons.  Even if this particular offer or position doesn't work out, that is an huge step in the right direction.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 12:09:08 PM »

Of course he could always try to get work with a normal taxi firm; presumably Oklahoma City has about a billion of these.
Taxis are not a common thing in midsized US cities. Most people already have cars, and those who don't are likely too poor to afford cab fare. Here in my hometown, one almost never sees them, though a few do exist.

There are taxi companies at almost every single train station on Long Island
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 03:09:47 PM »

Why does Bushie always go through these shady recruiters. Can't he just go to target.com and apply for a job?

He should, but to be fair, after I was laid off and was looking for work, most of the job ads on Career builder, Monster, Indeed, etc were through recruiters and/or Temp to Perm positions through Temp Agencies.  These were jobs in the NYC metro in the financial industry in the wake of the crash, so that may have explained quite a bit of it, but it wouldn't surprise me if its is similar for Bushie.  Most the ads on those type of sites aren't directly though the company.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 03:22:04 PM »

Haven't been around much the last couple days so just saw this now.  First off,  Congrats Bushie.  Looks like you actually landed a real job.  This is legit and looks like something you can handle.  I also won't worry much about walking 2 miles in an 8 hour day.  Your feet might be a bit sore from being on your feet, but it isn't like you are walking those miles non-stop over an 8 hour period its basically nothing.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:04:35 PM »

I must make a confession...  I stayed up until 0100 this morning watching the Atlanta NASCAR race that I had recorded.  Way past my bedtime.  The DVR cut off with 17 laps to go just after the massive wreck that forced a red flag with 20 laps to go.  I am already planning on watching the Las Vegas race next Sunday at 1430 and may put that on record when I get home this evening.  I may be turning into a NASCAR fan.  Favorite driver?  Dale, Jr.

I can think of many reasons to stay up to 1am.  Watching Rednecks turn left is not one of them...
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2015, 10:53:09 AM »

The funny things are:

1-Bushie's credit report is no doubt garbage and
2-Unlike many people with bad credit, most of it is primarily his fault.

Bushie isn't like the people with sob stories about being foreclosed in 2008 after being laid off during the worst of the recession or people who had to declare bankruptcy after massive medical bills, his credit black marks are all due to him not being able to hold a job for more than a few months and awful decision making on top of that. Take the short sale of his house, which could've been completely avoided had he never bought the house that he never needed in the first place. So if they still hire after the credit check, I wonder what they are looking for. Granted I know it's common that the only employers who tend to care a lot about credit score are financial industry ones but then you wonder why this one is checking in the first place.

Actually, I just checked my credit score a couple of weeks ago and I'm sitting pretty good.  It's by no means glamorous, but it is not garbage, either.  The worst problem I have is a nearly maxed out credit card.  The short sale on the house doesn't even show up, so my realtor was right, it must have dropped off my credit after a year or so, which would have been last August.  I don't care to release the actual score here, naturally, but it's not that bad.  It could use some improvement, but I would be able to sign for a major purchase like furniture or a car without needing a cosigner.

Bushie, a short-sale will still show up on the Credit Report.  What you looked at is a Consumer report which takes less into consideration than a full report.

A full credit report has three bureau's and goes back much further in time, the short-sale absolutely will show up when you look for a car, try to buy a home, etc, as banks get a much fuller picture when they pull credit than you do through a consumer report.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »

The funny things are:

Bushie isn't like the people with sob stories about being foreclosed in 2008 after being laid off during the worst of the recession or people who had to declare bankruptcy after massive medical bills, his credit black marks are all due to him not being able to hold a job for more than a few months and awful decision making on top of that. Take the short sale of his house, which could've been completely avoided had he never bought the house that he never needed in the first place. So if they still hire after the credit check, I wonder what they are looking for. Granted I know it's common that the only employers who tend to care a lot about credit score are financial industry ones but then you wonder why this one is checking in the first place.

Actually, I just checked my credit score a couple of weeks ago and I'm sitting pretty good.  It's by no means glamorous, but it is not garbage, either.  The worst problem I have is a nearly maxed out credit card.  The short sale on the house doesn't even show up, so my realtor was right, it must have dropped off my credit after a year or so, which would have been last August.  I don't care to release the actual score here, naturally, but it's not that bad.  It could use some improvement, but I would be able to sign for a major purchase like furniture or a car without needing a cosigner.

Bushie, a short-sale will still show up on the Credit Report.  What you looked at is a Consumer report which takes less into consideration than a full report.

A full credit report has three bureau's and goes back much further in time, the short-sale absolutely will show up when you look for a car, try to buy a home, etc, as banks get a much fuller picture when they pull credit than you do through a consumer report.

We had this discussion back in 2013, we're not going to go over it again.

Bushie, I'm a loan officer at a mortgage company, I know how these things work....
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2015, 03:21:07 PM »

The funny things are:

Bushie, a short-sale will still show up on the Credit Report.  What you looked at is a Consumer report which takes less into consideration than a full report.

We had this discussion back in 2013, we're not going to go over it again.

Bushie, I'm a loan officer at a mortgage company, I know how these things work....

you arent in charge.  god is!

LOL, seriously though I don't fault Bushie for not actually knowing.  There are a ton of misconceptions when it comes down to credit, some of which I had myself before working in the mortgage industry and dealing with credit on a daily basis.  There have been numerous times where a client of mine thought their credit was different than reality due to tither their own misconceptions about credit, using a consumer credit report or both.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies