A Simpler, Shorter Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:38:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A Simpler, Shorter Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Simpler, Shorter Speech  (Read 441 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 12, 2015, 02:20:53 AM »

Good err Morning I Guess,

For most of my history I have been known for lengthy speeches on various issues that few people probably took the time to parce through. I do have two or three of those to come but this time I plan to start off at least with much simpler and direct statement. As I already mentioned in the Convention thread I do plan to run for reelection and earlier tonight I filed paperwork to that end. I am not going to hide the fact though that very likely that if I do win, this will likely be my last term as Senator. I have come to a conclusion that the time will soon come for me to move on and whilst I have previously hinted at the possibility, I have never specifically said that any term would it. I considered leaving now and letting Hagrid have my seat, and though he may get it regardless, I do have a couple of projects that I would like to see to some kind of conclusion.

First off, I want to see the regions fully implement their end of the healthcare bill so that the economy and healthcare sectors in particular can see the full benefits. This was the product of a solid colloboration of members of three different Parties and though it is not perfect, I would like to see it brought to fully implementation before we hit the one year mark of the bill's passage (which would coincide with the ending of this term that I am seeking).

Second, I want to address some areas of economic policy that I feel we have let slide or accepted as the convenient price to pay for successes elsewhere. I think we have made a mess of the minimum wage trying to constantly change its terms and in the process wreaked havoc on business creation and investment. We do need a way to ensure standard of living and promote a living wage. However, we need to rely less on constantly upping the minimum wage and more on education, research and innovation/entrepreneurship and less on an unfunded mandate to bring such into being. We do need some kind of minimum wage or alterantive policy in its absence get me wrong and that is why I have introduced legislation, that seeks first to stabilize the situation and bring some clarity to a series of conflicting and confusing statutes over several years.

Finally, I want to find some way to reform Atlasia whilst empowering not destroying the influene and activity of regions in the game. We have stripped most of them of critical areas of interest and thus we should be little surprised to see them so inactive. There is some agreement on this area between myself and Senator bore and I would like to work with him and members of all Parties to try yet one more time on some kind of reform effort.

I will be discussing in greater detail all three of these areas of concern and ways to address them and lingering problems connected either directly and indirectly to them. I realize that this will be a quick and fast paced campaign, but on the flip side I would say that such could be beneficial to ensuring the content of the campaign is more condensed and thus the campaign more active.

Thanks and I hope you will considering casting your vote for me this February.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 04:06:02 PM »

Endorsed, of course! Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 04:08:52 PM »

You always have my support until I die.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 12:45:02 AM »

Oh, right, I forgot earlier: nice little speech Wink
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 08:39:56 AM »

Endorsed.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 04:35:25 AM »

At the end of the week, there will be the election for your Senator.
Senator North Carolina Yankee is running for re-election. I'm relatively newbie in the Senate and I can say to you that North Carolina Yankee is an example. He is an experienced Senator that is doing his job well, addressing the Senate with his experience and proposing reasonable and acceptable proposals as "The Set It and Leave it Alone Minimum Wage Act of 2015", that is receiving the support from all the parties. Also, as said in his announcement speech, Senator North Carolina Yankee has still a lot of ideas for the country and I hope that he will implement these ideas with your vote in the election.
I think that you, the people of the IDS, and the Senate still need him, his experience and his work and I hope he will have your support.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 04:48:15 AM »

After so many years of your service in the Senate I wish your tenure won't end this abruptly. You're a Senate institution who, I hope, will be able to end his federal career on his own terms one day.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies