Have you ever been offered a scam job? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:05:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you ever been offered a scam job? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Have you ever been offered a scam job?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Have you ever been offered a scam job?  (Read 2523 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: February 12, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »
« edited: February 12, 2015, 11:28:48 AM by HockeyDude »

Yes, the summer before I started law school I had moved out of the house I was renting with some friends and spent a few months at my dad's house.  I needed something temporary, and I found an ad on Craigslist offering training and $18/hr salary.  I knew it was fishy, but knowing it wouldn't be more than a 2 month thing, I decided to check them out and accepted a position that I knew would immediately be offered.  After a couple of days, I realized it was little more than a lead generation scheme run by the same guy who ran Cutco's marketing.    They were basically marketing for a shady law firm that specialized in scamming people by trying to get ridiculous, inflated homeowner's insurance claims.  The $18/hr was only for each appointment you set up (which of course you had to provide your own transportation) and they operated like an MLM, wanting you to go to friends and family first.  I just stopped showing up after a day or two, and when they called I just said "you are running a scam, leave me alone".  

A blogger in suburban Philly personally exposed them.  I only found his blog after I quit.  I made some posts there to make sure his blog would be the first thing that popped up when you Googled the "company's" name.  

http://bobbarkersnews.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-spot-scam-job-i-have-recently.html

EDIT: And if you click on the link you'll notice the company rep spamming the comment section to defend this racket.  Funny thing is, I know EXACTLY who this person is.  He was like the 2nd person down on the pyramid, and he was so skeevy that he makes Naso look like a charmer.  
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 12:14:32 PM »

I sold Cutco knives the summer before college. In their defense, they are very good knives and I still use the free demo set they gave me.

Yea, my dad has a set.  They are a nice product, but the method they use to market and sell them is impossibly outdated and scummy.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies