Opinion of this ruling
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:18:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Opinion of this ruling
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Huh
FR

HR

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Opinion of this ruling  (Read 4270 times)
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 11:46:40 AM »

"Oh, so criticizing Israel makes me anti-semitic?!" seems to be the go-to defense immediately after someone goes on hate tangents about teh Jooz.

So you're denying that Zionists love using actual anti-Semitism (like the subject of this ruling) to smear all criticism of Israel?

Anti-Zionists have been using "I'm not anti-semitic, I'm anti-Israel!!!" as a shield for blood libels for decades.

Which is the result of Zionist efforts to use Israel as a representation of all Jews worldwide, something which harms Jews critical of Israel (I myself have Sephardic ancestry) and ignores Israel "supporters" who are nonetheless anti-Semitic (American evangelical conservatives). Israel must be treated as a country.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 11:53:06 AM »

"Oh, so criticizing Israel makes me anti-semitic?!" seems to be the go-to defense immediately after someone goes on hate tangents about teh Jooz.

So you're denying that Zionists love using actual anti-Semitism (like the subject of this ruling) to smear all criticism of Israel?

Anti-Zionists have been using "I'm not anti-semitic, I'm anti-Israel!!!" as a shield for blood libels for decades.

Which is the result of Zionist efforts to use Israel as a representation of all Jews worldwide, something which harms Jews critical of Israel (I myself have Sephardic ancestry) and ignores Israel "supporters" who are nonetheless anti-Semitic (American evangelical conservatives). Israel must be treated as a country.

We can talk about that when anti-semites stop treating Diaspora Jews as representative of Israel.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 12:29:26 PM »

Muslims (and Palestinians) are really a millstone around the neck for the Palestinian cause:p.

BTW: horrible ruling, through it's likely the correct one, but in a perfect world we would punish all horrible little trolls like this one. Sadly in our imperfect world, it's better to have rule of law.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 12:39:15 PM »

Presumably we can all agree (no matter our opinions on the level and form of censorship in a democratic society or of the permacrisis in the Middle East) that the line of reasoning taken in the ruling is noisome, far more so than the ruling itself.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »

Presumably we can all agree (no matter our opinions on the level and form of censorship in a democratic society or of the permacrisis in the Middle East) that the line of reasoning taken in the ruling is noisome, far more so than the ruling itself.

Yes
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 12:44:57 PM »

What's also interesting (and this article is an example) that today it seems most anti-semitism in Austria seems to come from Muslims and not the native Austrians.

Another indicator of this is an incident that took place last year not far away from where I live:

The football team from Maccabi Haiffa (ISR) was at a training camp in Bischofshofen, playing a game, when suddenly a bunch of 30 Turks and Arabs (they are living in the area) stormed the football field and started to kick and attack the Israeli players.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 07:47:40 PM »

Wow, China, you've deserted Kim because he's weak?  You are obviously not a true comrade because a true comrade would NEVER give up on their comrades no matter what.  I think it's time to unite Korea as nobody seems to care anymore.  I'll go back to Super Smash Brothers.  You guys continue to insist you are comrades, but you are pathetic comrades, at best.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 01:45:26 AM »

Where did I deny that? It works both ways.
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2015, 03:23:16 AM »

Are you denying that most criticism of Israel is smeared with anti-Semitism?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2015, 04:42:29 AM »

Congratulation you're changing the meaning of anti-Semitism one post at the time:

From supporting this

to objecting to this
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2015, 04:47:25 AM »

Congratulation you're changing the meaning of anti-Semitism one post at the time:

Anti-Semitism is the prosecutor Tender quoted in the first post. Hamas television is anti-Semitic. Fatah posting a picture of a mound of Jewish skulls on Facebook to celebrate the anniversary of the party's founding is anti-Semitic. Supporting Hamas or Fatah, usually, excepting a minority of naive people in Western countries, is anti-Semitic.

Just because anti-Semites are no longer powerful enough to commit atrocities like the first picture in your post (which I have removed out of respect), does not mean they are no longer there.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2015, 09:53:10 PM »

Would it be anti-white to support the ANC in the 1970s and 80s?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2015, 10:19:12 PM »

Would it be anti-white to support the ANC in the 1970s and 80s?

It would be if you refused to condemn the brutal killings of South African expats living in Europe because Apartheid.

For the anti-semite, the Jew as a whole is always guilty of the worst possible crimes, regardless of their involvement or proximity. Funny how that only works for us.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies