What are your plans for Valentine's Day?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:29:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are your plans for Valentine's Day?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: What are your plans for Valentine's Day?  (Read 7586 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2015, 06:35:19 PM »

So I decided to give out some political valentines to a few of you! Smiley

To MormDem:

To Clarko95:

To Grumps:

To tmthforu94:

To Türkisblau:

Lastly,

to LeBron FitzGerald:
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »

Had nice chats with three fairly attractive girls.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2015, 08:31:36 PM »

Done two subjects of homework. Got three more to go.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »

About to go to a party and see what happens.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2015, 08:36:24 PM »

I believe I spoke to one person today so far. The man who checked my student card for the lacrosse game asked me if I enjoyed the women's basketball game last night.

Now that the men's basketball streaming is over, it's probably best to actually do some homework so this day is not a total loss of productivity.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2015, 08:41:55 PM »

We had to do Valentine's Day last night, and we kind of combined it with my birthday (we'll be in different cities for the next four weeks Sad). We went for dinner, continued our Friends marathon, and engaged in other activities. General merriment was had.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2015, 09:20:40 PM »

I Went for a jog with my boyfriend, and now waiting for him to get out of work so we can go to dinner.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2015, 11:25:40 PM »

Just got back from the dance, didn't have a date after all, but no matter...I had planned that as a little nicety anyway.

All in all pretty good day.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2015, 01:07:47 PM »

Due to white out conditions and double digit wind chills below zero  we stayed home. Mrs Grumps made a tremendous lasagna sans Ragu and Fritos and we drank a lot, ate well and ..........

Good night indeed.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2015, 09:17:41 AM »

I got pretty lucky in escaping to a ski resort on a family trip over that weekend!

I loathe Valentine's Day but when I'm in a more serious relationship you're obviously kind of forced to put up with it. Ugh.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2015, 10:22:02 AM »

I got pretty lucky in escaping to a ski resort on a family trip over that weekend!

I loathe Valentine's Day but when I'm in a more serious relationship you're obviously kind of forced to put up with it. Ugh.

Not necessarily, the SO in question might call it bull as well, and then you both can do whatever the heck you want.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2015, 07:56:04 PM »

Not necessarily, the SO in question might call it bull as well, and then you both can do whatever the heck you want.

In theory, yes, but not in practice. I read a nice game theory analysis on this, which basically says you can't take the risk.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2015, 01:23:23 AM »

In theory, yes, but not in practice. I read a nice game theory analysis on this, which basically says you can't take the risk.

There are plenty of people out there who consider Valentine's Day a manufactured sales booster, male and female alike.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2015, 02:39:11 AM »

Surprise! Economists (those wannabe scientists) want you to spend on Valentine's Day!
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2015, 04:39:48 AM »

Surprise! Economists (those wannabe scientists) want you to spend on Valentine's Day!

This sounds like you need to get to know actual economists because they're not what you seem to think. Tongue
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2015, 04:42:07 AM »

There are plenty of people out there who consider Valentine's Day a manufactured sales booster, male and female alike.

Not sure what the male and female alike comment is about. I wasn't implying any gender connotations. And sure there are plenty of such people, but in my experience that is a theoretical approach. Once you know that all your friends are going to ask what you did on Valentine's the pressure to do something becomes strong.

I never do anything extravagant or anything though.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #66 on: February 20, 2015, 06:25:45 AM »

Not sure what the male and female alike comment is about. I wasn't implying any gender connotations. And sure there are plenty of such people, but in my experience that is a theoretical approach. Once you know that all your friends are going to ask what you did on Valentine's the pressure to do something becomes strong.

You answer to your friends than you'll do nothing and if they are complaining, well, find better friends.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: February 20, 2015, 07:24:29 AM »

You answer to your friends than you'll do nothing and if they are complaining, well, find better friends.

Oh, it's not so much my friends. Don't you guys understand how social norms work at all? :/
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #68 on: February 20, 2015, 11:03:15 AM »

Oh good Lord, the savior of the prudes comes in a week late and saves the day.  Roll Eyes
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2015, 02:51:59 PM »

Oh good Lord, the savior of the prudes comes in a week late and saves the day.  Roll Eyes

LOL. If you knew anything about our friend Gustaf, you would not be calling him that.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 02:55:05 PM »

LOL. If you knew anything about our friend Gustaf, you would not be calling him that.

Oh, we know, Matthew.  Gustaf is a major pussy hound, just don't YOU be one.  Wink
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2015, 06:52:02 PM »

Oh, we know, Matthew.  Gustaf is a major pussy hound, just don't YOU be one.  Wink

This would sound a hell of a lot different if it came from Retromike.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 06:58:55 PM »

I got drunk, broke my diet and got laid. It was successful despite hating Valentine's day. I was able to lie well enough to convince her I loved the holiday Cheesy
retromike22
United States

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 08:34:15 PM »

Oh good Lord, the savior of the prudes comes in a week late and saves the day.  Roll Eyes

Oh, we know, Matthew.  Gustaf is a major pussy hound, just don't YOU be one.  Wink

This would sound a hell of a lot different if it came from Retromike.

Grumps believes that his own rules don't apply to him:

You guys were totally fine when Grumps was smooth talking TexasGurl, but whenever me, Libertas and Mike do it, it automatically becomes some heinous sin.

Example:
I'm keeping this strictly to those whose posts I like to read, because I think some of the others not on this list are admirable people.  In no particular order:

TexasGurl's boobs fixed it for ya.

She knows me too well.  Cheesy

And nobody said a single thing...

The point is:

TexasGurl reediting Grumps' post to say TexasGurl's boobs, and Grumps responding with  "She knows me too well.  Cheesy" is more explicit on both of their parts than anything Adam or I have ever said.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 08:46:50 PM »

Huh. I'm yet again bewildered as to what you're trying to say. I'm a prude because I don't like Valentine's Day? I'm saving the day from...what? And you think I want to prevent people from having sex? Huh I'm confused.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies