manning to get access to hormone replacement therapy
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:41:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  manning to get access to hormone replacement therapy
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: manning to get access to hormone replacement therapy  (Read 5271 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 09:46:43 AM »

And capitalization isn't even grammar. It's syntax.

grammar includes syntax Curly
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 10:54:07 AM »

Syntax is government duty on booze and fags, right?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 11:48:52 AM »

this debate over grammar and syntax adds so much value to the thread, thank you all for contributing
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »

this debate over grammar and syntax adds so much value to the thread, thank you all for contributing

I don't see how it has make the thread worse, seeing how the other posts are the usual sh*tfest of transphobia and "muh traitor, rot in hell"  nonsense.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2015, 11:58:36 AM »

I don't see how it has make the thread worse, seeing how the other posts are the usual sh*tfest of transphobia and "muh traitor, rot in hell"  nonsense.

but manning is a traitor and should rot in hell, although i'm not sure how that is applicable to the question asked.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2015, 01:18:33 PM »

him/her? not really, through I can't say I care much about the gender of Manning, it's really rather irrelevant, it have nothing to do with why she's in prison, and if I was trans, I wouldn't really use her as representant of transsexuality and become angry every time someone mispronounce her gender (in fact I would be happy, because I would hope they didn't connect transsexuality with a traitor).

What the [Inks] is wrong with you?

It' really isn't that big of a deal. Stop looking for reasons to be "offended". Not being massively outraged whenever someone makes the (very understandable, btw) mistake of referring to a pre-op transsexual who was well known as male as such isn't "transphobia". It's a very basic slip of the tongue.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2015, 01:49:10 PM »

him/her? not really, through I can't say I care much about the gender of Manning, it's really rather irrelevant, it have nothing to do with why she's in prison, and if I was trans, I wouldn't really use her as representant of transsexuality and become angry every time someone mispronounce her gender (in fact I would be happy, because I would hope they didn't connect transsexuality with a traitor).

It' really isn't that big of a deal. Stop looking for reasons to be "offended". Not being massively outraged whenever someone makes the (very understandable, btw) mistake of referring to a pre-op transsexual who was well known as male as such isn't "transphobia". It's a very basic slip of the tongue.

Calling you anything other than a horrible person would be a very basic slip of the tongue, but I generally manage to avoid it.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »

That's not why I'm offended; you're right that that much is completely understandable. (In fact, I think I'm less easy to offend about this sort of thing than some non-trans posters because I have firsthand experience of how difficult this can be for otherwise unimpeachably tolerant people to wrap their heads around and remember.) What I'm offended by is the sentiment that trans people should somehow be actively glad about somebody being misgendered (I think 'misgender' is kind of a stupid word but oh well, the word is what it is) just because they're a subjectively unpleasant person.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies