manning to get access to hormone replacement therapy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:44:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  manning to get access to hormone replacement therapy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: manning to get access to hormone replacement therapy  (Read 5305 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: February 18, 2015, 02:26:19 AM »

As for Manning who care one way or another. I'm not happy aboout what USA have done, did and do, but that doesn't make him less of a traitor.

As for the language issue, I'm disappointed in Antonio V, he may be in a position where he doesn't need too train his english, but for many of us other non-English speakers, these forums serve as a way to train our skills in the English language, and the expertation that you need to be perfect write English perfectly, to write on a English board, are just a way to reduce the user to a small privileged elite in the very real meaning of the word.

Did you place that landmine in there on purpose?

him/her? not really, through I can't say I care much about the gender of Manning, it's really rather irrelevant, it have nothing to do with why she's in prison, and if I was trans, I wouldn't really use her as representant of transsexuality and become angry every time someone mispronounce her gender (in fact I would be happy, because I would hope they didn't connect transsexuality with a traitor).

What the [Inks] is wrong with you?
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 04:53:06 PM »

him/her? not really, through I can't say I care much about the gender of Manning, it's really rather irrelevant, it have nothing to do with why she's in prison, and if I was trans, I wouldn't really use her as representant of transsexuality and become angry every time someone mispronounce her gender (in fact I would be happy, because I would hope they didn't connect transsexuality with a traitor).

What the [Inks] is wrong with you?

It' really isn't that big of a deal. Stop looking for reasons to be "offended". Not being massively outraged whenever someone makes the (very understandable, btw) mistake of referring to a pre-op transsexual who was well known as male as such isn't "transphobia". It's a very basic slip of the tongue.

That's not why I'm offended; you're right that that much is completely understandable. (In fact, I think I'm less easy to offend about this sort of thing than some non-trans posters because I have firsthand experience of how difficult this can be for otherwise unimpeachably tolerant people to wrap their heads around and remember.) What I'm offended by is the sentiment that trans people should somehow be actively glad about somebody being misgendered (I think 'misgender' is kind of a stupid word but oh well, the word is what it is) just because they're a subjectively unpleasant person.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies