Would you rather have your son become a hipster Christian or like Einzige?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:55:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather have your son become a hipster Christian or like Einzige?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you rather have your son become a hipster Christian or like Einzige?
Hipster Christian

Einzige

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Would you rather have your son become a hipster Christian or like Einzige?  (Read 1213 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 15, 2015, 07:06:18 PM »

Inspired by IRC discussion.
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 07:29:14 PM »

What does a hipster Christian do? Go to church on Tuesdays?
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 07:35:14 PM »

Ugh... c'mon dude...
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 07:35:57 PM »

You're thinking of a hipster Christian. BRTD is a Hipster Christian.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 07:53:25 PM »

I don't like religion but it's clearly preferable to neo-nazism.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 09:00:27 PM »

I thought Einzige was a libertarian who went by "Scam of God"? That's what I remember from reading a few old threads, I haven't been here long enough to encounter this poster.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 10:14:55 PM »

I thought Einzige was a libertarian who went by "Scam of God"? That's what I remember from reading a few old threads, I haven't been here long enough to encounter this poster.

His original account was banned several years ago, but he was allowed to come back late last spring under the "Meursault" account, and within a month started repeatedly saying, "I'm basically a fascist, but without the racism and nationalism."  He dropped other hints too, but never explicitly called himself a Nazi because that would mean an instant re-ban.  His motivation was transparently getting a thrill by espousing the most repulsive and socially unacceptable ideology he could think of.  Unfortunately for him, his hints were not subtle enough, and he was re-banned within two or three months.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2015, 11:10:31 PM »

Kind of funny you say that, because there's a church here that does exactly that.

But for what it really is, imagine a church with a mostly young congregation instead of the olds so many churches are almost exclusively full of, more modern music and actually more of an indie rock style than Christian contemporary music, lots of hand raising and all that, and I described the message well here:

So I went there again today. I have to say I'm quite happy that I did because despite being technically in a suburb this service was TOTAL SJW to the max. The sermon series for Advent is about reconciliation, and the speaker (who was actually the band leader) opted to talk about reconciliation in race, and talked about Michael Brown and the protests, brought up the CIA memos about torture and how people might try to justify such violence because of violence against us in 9/11 and at one point said "There are five things about me that give me great privilege: One is that I'm male, two is that I'm white, three is that I'm straight, fourth is that I'm American and fifth is that I'm Christian" and that most of those probably applied to most of us in the all white room. Remember when I brought up church sermons that resemble Upworthy videos? This was like PURE Upworthy and if I recorded it it could probably easily end up on there. "What This Worship Band Leader Has To Say May Be Hard To Hear For Those With Privilege, And That's Why You Need To"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 02:13:30 AM »

Hipster Christian: it'd be easier to eventually grow out of than the hateful $hite Einzige was in to.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 09:19:56 AM »

Kind of funny you say that, because there's a church here that does exactly that.

But for what it really is, imagine a church with a mostly young congregation instead of the olds so many churches are almost exclusively full of, more modern music and actually more of an indie rock style than Christian contemporary music, lots of hand raising and all that, and I described the message well here:

So I went there again today. I have to say I'm quite happy that I did because despite being technically in a suburb this service was TOTAL SJW to the max. The sermon series for Advent is about reconciliation, and the speaker (who was actually the band leader) opted to talk about reconciliation in race, and talked about Michael Brown and the protests, brought up the CIA memos about torture and how people might try to justify such violence because of violence against us in 9/11 and at one point said "There are five things about me that give me great privilege: One is that I'm male, two is that I'm white, three is that I'm straight, fourth is that I'm American and fifth is that I'm Christian" and that most of those probably applied to most of us in the all white room. Remember when I brought up church sermons that resemble Upworthy videos? This was like PURE Upworthy and if I recorded it it could probably easily end up on there. "What This Worship Band Leader Has To Say May Be Hard To Hear For Those With Privilege, And That's Why You Need To"

Red, do people come to church drunk/high?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 09:31:24 AM »

Does E's constant chip on his shoulder come with this question?
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 09:37:18 AM »

Going to church drunk would be 1-rather pointless and 2-absolutely miserable. Slightly buzzed maybe (I have a few times), but that's more likely to be something people do afterwards. High also seems like a later thing, it's actually more fun on a couch with some munchies.

Although if you want ultra-stereotypical hipster stuff, the pre-sermon video today (doing one of those for every sermon of this series) in the vein of this, was some very hipster-looking girl talking about how she was with her friend in a coffeeshop before church and they got into an argument that her friend started but she was rude back, but then felt moved by God to go and apologize even though her friend started all it and then her and friend both broke down and started bawling, and that's something she kept doing throughout church. Coffee shops are more appropriate for that time of day anyway.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 10:08:17 AM »

Going to church drunk would be 1-rather pointless and 2-absolutely miserable. Slightly buzzed maybe (I have a few times), but that's more likely to be something people do afterwards. High also seems like a later thing, it's actually more fun on a couch with some munchies.

Although if you want ultra-stereotypical hipster stuff, the pre-sermon video today (doing one of those for every sermon of this series) in the vein of this, was some very hipster-looking girl talking about how she was with her friend in a coffeeshop before church and they got into an argument that her friend started but she was rude back, but then felt moved by God to go and apologize even though her friend started all it and then her and friend both broke down and started bawling, and that's something she kept doing throughout church. Coffee shops are more appropriate for that time of day anyway.

Going buzzed is good enough.  The fact that people go get drunk afterwards is better.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies