The Good Post Gallery was deleted?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:19:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Good Post Gallery was deleted?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The Good Post Gallery was deleted?  (Read 4901 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2015, 09:29:22 AM »

Will the purge of all that is well and good and decent in Atlas ever end? 😢
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2015, 11:04:40 AM »

How so?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 12:35:48 PM »

Quit whining.  Some douchebag comes back to delete posts (a pattern of his) and you're surprised?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »

LOL Scott
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2015, 12:45:55 PM »

He made some cringe inducing post that was full of casual racism (he was complain about the use of the word 'n' by his (black) roommate, who he described in rather stereotypical terms IIRC) and when Xahar pointed this out, he threw his toys of the pram and left the forum.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2015, 01:19:23 PM »

He made some cringe inducing post that was full of casual racism (he was complain about the use of the word 'n' by his (black) roommate, who he described in rather stereotypical terms IIRC) and when Xahar pointed this out, he threw his toys of the pram and left the forum.

in other words, he admitted to having a hard time adjusting to a situation where we was constantly exposed to a word he'd learned to consider offensive his entire life, and he clumsily described his roommate with words his roommate would have used to describe himself.  Which makes him an irredeemable racist. 

in other words, DIAF haters.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2015, 01:28:30 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=180782.msg4275829#msg4275829

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Yeah sounds like shua's summary is right. I mean in comparison to the type of crap krazen and some other blue avatars frequently spew, that wouldn't even equal 1/10 as racist.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »

in other words, he admitted to having a hard time adjusting to a situation where we was constantly exposed to a word he'd learned to consider offensive his entire life, and he clumsily described his roommate with words his roommate would have used to describe himself.  Which makes him an irredeemable racist. 

Never gets tiring.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2015, 03:48:11 PM »

Well, shua's description is correct, but I don't think it warranted his leaving the forum. Scott's been dealing with a number of issues though, and I really feel bad for the guy... so I guess I understand why he thought he couldn't tolerate being here. He was probably right.

That being said, showing up just to send two forum institutions into oblivion doesn't strike me as the most sympathetic action...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015, 03:53:26 PM »

according to a poll I ran, about half of Forum users have been prescribed antidepressants and/or anti-anxiety drugs.  we have a lot of "mentally ill"* people here who are subject to nagging demons.

*as society rationalizes further and further, fewer and fewer behaviors are considered acceptable.  this pushes more and more people into the "mentally ill" category, which does not exist on its own but within the context of its society.  however, if "mental illness" means anything at all, it means that the person is having trouble getting by in day-to-day life.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2015, 04:07:00 PM »

according to a poll I ran, about half of Forum users have been prescribed antidepressants and/or anti-anxiety drugs.  we have a lot of "mentally ill"* people here who are subject to nagging demons.

*as society rationalizes further and further, fewer and fewer behaviors are considered acceptable.  this pushes more and more people into the "mentally ill" category, which does not exist on its own but within the context of its society.  however, if "mental illness" means anything at all, it means that the person is having trouble getting by in day-to-day life.
Since we're on this topic for a second, avoid Prozac like the plague. That is my good post for the day.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 05:18:05 PM »

Since we're on this topic for a second, avoid Prozac like the plague. That is my good post for the day.

why? not everyone reacts the same way to those medicines.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 05:48:49 PM »

SSRIs don't really work that well. Prozac with most populations does not perform better than a placebo in blind trials.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »

SSRIs don't really work that well. Prozac with most populations does not perform better than a placebo in blind trials.

that depends very much on what you are using it for.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2015, 06:51:42 PM »

While that is a fine strawman, if you actually look at the thread in question you will find that what was irredeemable was not what he said (and, indeed, I went well out of my way to be understanding about that) but rather the way he reacted to it being pointed out that what he said was offensive.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2015, 06:56:24 PM »

Yeah I don't think your post was that bad either. There was clearly some other issues going on with him no doubt.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2015, 06:57:53 PM »

he posted a few times, allegedly tripping on Ambien, yes? 

I mean, all of these are relatively minor matters, but were not very ministerial of him, which points to some sort of internal struggle.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2015, 07:00:41 PM »

I mean, all of these are relatively minor matters, but were not very ministerial of him, which points to some sort of internal struggle.

Well, Ambien can be a lot of fun to trip on.  People literally look alien to you.  I remember the one time I did this I was just staring at my friend's ear and marvelling at how weird it was.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2015, 07:10:56 PM »

Well, Ambien can be a lot of fun to trip on.  People literally look alien to you.  I remember the one time I did this I was just staring at my friend's ear and marvelling at how weird it was.

that's called dissociation.  again, using drugs recreationally is normal human behavior, but less normal for the devout.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 07:46:17 PM »

Do you even read what you write?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2015, 08:13:57 PM »

While that is a fine strawman, if you actually look at the thread in question you will find that what was irredeemable was not what he said (and, indeed, I went well out of my way to be understanding about that) but rather the way he reacted to it being pointed out that what he said was offensive.

Yes, you attempted to be understanding of where he was coming from for exactly one post, until he continued to have a different perspective than you.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2015, 08:24:09 PM »

Yes, you attempted to be understanding of where he was coming from for exactly one post, until he continued to have a different perspective than you.

The perspective being that I was the real racist, yes.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2015, 09:46:29 PM »

The perspective being that I was the real racist, yes.

glass houses.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2015, 10:49:42 PM »

yes, immediately after posting.  trying to avoid the edit bar.  why?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:51 AM »

yes, immediately after posting.  trying to avoid the edit bar.  why?

Stop avoiding the edit bar. Use it copiously.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies