Utah's state House votes 39-34 to reinstitute execution by firing squad (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:43:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Utah's state House votes 39-34 to reinstitute execution by firing squad (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Utah's state House votes 39-34 to reinstitute execution by firing squad  (Read 8371 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 25, 2015, 08:20:17 PM »

A good explanation of how Utah's procedure will work, for those who are curious:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
http://www.sltrib.com/news/2326783-155/firing-squad-gets-final-ok-so

I oppose the death penalty, but I think that if we have it at all, executions should be humane, yet they might as well be gruesome.  For both those reasons, the guillotine and firing squad are both preferable to lethal injection.

I'll ask again, what makes everyone think the firing squad sound would be more humane than lethal injection?  People keep asserting that notion in this thread without any real explanation or data.

It's not more humane, but it's more gruesome. More gruesome means it's more likely than there will be a backlash against death penalty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies