The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:48:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90456 times)
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« on: April 16, 2015, 11:04:21 AM »

Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »

hahah the anti-hillary hacks mad now

Indeed. And notice they can't actually describe why it's not a good post and instead resort to one liners or ad hominem. Typical.

I'm writing an entire story about you wtf
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 05:02:15 PM »

As a Christian, I oppose the death penalty on religious grounds because I believe it is inconsistent with the mercy and forgiveness that God shows us and calls us to share.  Nobody is beyond redemption for God, so for the government to decide that someone is puts them in His place.  The Lord's Prayer says, "Forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors."  When Jesus was on the cross, he said, "Father, forgive them."  And when an adulterous woman was brought to Jesus, He forgave her and told her accusers that "He who is without sin should throw the first stone."  Yes, I realize that God provided for the death penalty in the Old Testament, but He was the one doing it, not the government.  And besides, we are no longer under the Old Covenant.  Furthermore, we all deserved to die for our sins, but Jesus came to cancel that punishment and to forgive us.  If God didn't put us to death, then why should we do it to others?  If an unrepentant, unbelieving criminal is executed, then we are cutting of his/her chance at salvation.

Plus, I would argue that life in prison without parole is a more severe punishment.  Personally, if I were convicted of a crime, I would rather die than spend the rest of my life locked up in a prison cell.

As for the political side, I do recognize that there are some cases where convicts will not repent or change their hearts, and may even request death, so I believe it is best left to the states.  I'm not comfortable with the federal government using a "one size fits all" policy of death penalty or no death penalty. 
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 01:23:49 AM »

We saw it in 2004 when John Kerry, a patriotic gentleman and war hero, was brought low by GOP 'Swift Boat Veterans For Truth,' who smeared his heroic war record, painting him as a coward, a liar and a traitor. Kerry, stunned, did not fight back hard enough.

The GOP will try to reduce Hillary to "Benghazi" and "secret email server," Bill's presidency to "Monica," the CGI to "dirty foreign money." They'll call Hillary a bitter, dried up old woman.  Who cares?

The Clintons don't come from big bucks. They are not the Bushes, nor are they scions of the Kennedy family. They are not Rockefellers. They don't own oil wells. They do have to compete with those people. So, they have to make money. Now, can you please explain what your problem is?

There is not another Presidential aspirant that has the breadth of Hillary's experience both foreign and domestic. She has been in the political arena for well over 23 years and is unbowed by the harsh light that has shone on her life for that whole time. She absolutely does have what it takes to be President - intelligence, experience, and intestinal fortitude. You don't have to like her or her husband, just vote for her, and not just because she is a woman, or just because she is a Democrat, but because she has the best qualifications to be President of the United States, warts and all.

After 25 years of slander and abuse from the GOP, Hillary's running again. She's not scared of them. Who else has her guts?

I'll be proud to vote for her.

Fitting as that's supposed to be King's last post on this forum (he's moved to AAD.)

Maybe should rename this the "King Memorial Good Post Gallery"? He deserves it more than Spade tbh.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 04:52:13 PM »

The Democrats need to play hardball here and outright refuse to work with the Republican Party as they are unfit to govern. All Democratic Presidential candidates should be required to sign a pledge saying they will not invite any Republican Congressional leaders to the White House for the next 4 years, acknowledge any questions shouted by them during the State of the Union, make any eye contact with any of them in passing, and automatically veto anything they try to sponsor. It's time to really drill this issue to the forefront of the news cycle how truly incompetent and unworthy of anyone's respect these people are.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 07:31:24 AM »

I think DeadPrez, haven't you got that assways?  A Trump supporter?  Figures!...playing fast & lose with the facts, no back up to statements or claims made....you are learning well from that blow-hard.  Trump is by far the biggest fraud that there is. He says or does anything to main viability.  I will tell you this, America is in deep trouble if it thinks that shylock will be an improvement over that nincampoop currently occupying the Oval Office. I mean people actually want a phony baloney misogynist egomaniac in the Oval Office?  Give me a break. Trump is a hack with a trophy wife bimbo. Look at that face and his dress sense is worse. Doesn't have a coherent idea on anything and thinks going bankrupt 4 times and indulging in name calling are qualities that qualify him to sit in the White House? 😁😂😃😑😂😂😂....that's hysterical if you think that DeadPrez😂😁. ...TRUMP IS A LOW-RENT FRAUD! it's all about him....you actually think he gives a fig about America or you for that matter. If so, maybe if you are that addled and stupid,  you shouldn't have the vote. Support someone who can lead and is not a Johnny come lately. Do yourself that favor!

Good post? DIAF.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »

I just don't get it. Many claim that Iowa is a swing state or even a socially conservative state, but in reality it is one of the most consistently liberal Democratic states in the country. Iowa has voted Republican once in the past thirty years, and barely did so that time. In what way is a state that voted for Dukakis and Gore a swing state? In 2012, Iowa voted to the left of Pennsylvania and New Hampshire, which many regard as solidly Democratic states. Nevada was slightly more Democratic than Iowa, and yet it is still much more of a true swing state, given that it voted for Bush in 2000.

No wonder the liberal trolls in Iowa always try to get joke candidates like Huckabee, Santorum and Carson nominated. Thank God we have real swing states like New Hampshire and Nevada to set the nomination process back on track!

Even so, I think it would be wise to get rid of the Iowa Caucus as soon as possible. The party of Lincoln, Coolidge, Eisenhower and Reagan doesn't deserve to be held hostage by a bunch of hippies lounging around in a cornfield.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 01:52:22 PM »

Dude, I'm sure it's a joke in your mind or whatever, but comparing someone who lost family members in the Holocaust to the Nazis in any context is about as low as it gets (almost every other branch of the paternal side of my family except for my grandfather's ended up dying in Nazi death camps, if by great-grandfather hadn't come to the U.S., he'd have been gassed too).  I'm not going to use the sorts of words that are appropriate for describing someone like you b/c frankly, you're not worth the energy it'd take to hate you.  I'll just say that your post was disgusting and you should be ashamed of yourself, not that I expect you to possess the level of empathy that'd require.  Now kindly stop pissing on the memory of my dead relatives.

It's terrible that your relatives died in the holocaust but it's also terrible that you're using those relatives as a prop to find an easy way out of the argument by playing that "card". He's not making that connection in any way and I think that's transparently obvious. One image was Stalin and another image was the Iraqi propaganda minister guy. I understand the appeal of jumping at the opportunity to play the victim in an opportunity like this but I think everyone can agree our discussion is not nearly so serious as to warrant your complaints! In the context he's obviously calling you out for being a hackish mouthpiece for Kalwejt and other moderators, which it's transparently clear you are doing so. You're making senseless appeals-to-authority arguments and it's frankly disgusting that you're tarnishing the memories of Holocaust victims by using their memories to shield yourself in a barely even tangentially related internet argument.

Kal did something wrong and your defenses of him have no merit, that's all there is to it. There is no reason to bring victims of genocide into this argument at all. I think it would be a good idea if we all took a step back and relaxed for a moment.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2017, 01:52:01 PM »

Context Matters™
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 11:49:17 PM »

Lmao. I love how the AAD cult is trying to turn Tony against Virginia (and failing entirely) because you can't handle the fact that one of your echo chamber's idols was a total douche who wasn't even that good of a poster.

So uh can an old atlas person registered on AAD go check the forum and see if we're conspiring to turn you guys against each other? After you deleted your account because we were mean to your buddy Classic Conservative, you've really gone off the deep end.

I'm actually curious as to how the AAD Cult operates. I must be really out of the loop.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies