The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:58:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90375 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 19, 2016, 04:29:35 PM »

But strangely enough, I read all of Torie's posts in John Kasich's voice.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2016, 03:42:11 AM »

On June 12, 2005, Justices Shirley Hufstedler and Sandra Day O’Connor announce their joint retirements from the Court.  To replace them Wellstone nominates Merrick Garland and Diane Pamela Wood, both of whom are confirmed without opposition.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 12:19:07 AM »

Ideology isn't a continuum.

I like Sanders for his stances on trade, inequality, and corporate influence in government.

Webb is pretty similar, and seemed to have a fairly coherent geopolitical vision as stated in the debates. Certainly seems a lot less likely to get us involved in a strategically useless war than Clinton.

Webb, when he did speak in the primaries, did point out that the Democratic party needs to pay a lot more attention to working class people in areas of the country a lot of Democrats never visit. I like that.

While I think the government should be very restrained in how it constrains individuals, by sensibility I'm somewhat of a social centrist.

Webb also left the party because he saw the degree of power that conceited urban liberals had in the party *cough * Clinton *cough *. Pretty sympathetic to that view.

This explains the crossover appeal Sanders has to both conservative Democrats and the base through an overlapping ideology thereof by Chickenhawk. While you may not agree with its fundamentals, you can at least agree that this could very well be an interesting post to analyze.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 03:57:08 PM »

Do you support heterosexual marriage?
Some of them I support.  Some of them I deeply oppose.  Generally I just say congrats and move quietly away, because trying to talk them out of it just creates tension.  I think most people insist on learning things the hard way.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 02:11:47 PM »

Great poster has contributed a great deal to this forum through his commentary.     
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 06:16:46 AM »

You know, I'm getting a little tired of hearing about how gays need to 'grow a thicker skin' and laugh off the bigoted sewage being thrown in their faces, but God forbid someone criticize the evangelicals. When one decides to begin a conversation by singling out another poster as "unnatural," one should not be surprised if this engenders a negative response.

What an unnatural post!(pls don't criticize me just because I criticized you)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 04:48:15 PM »

This is what makes this election so weird - why are national polls so narrow, some of the swing states so narrow, when normally Republican states like Texas, Georgia, Arizona are also within single digits?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 07:37:33 PM »

"Oh look, another two-liner I like. Let's put it in the Good Post Gallery!"
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 10:56:30 PM »

There's something sort of adorable about people who have a Hazlitt-level understanding of economics and assume that there's nothing left for them to learn. It's like a puppy with a habit of stealing your mittens: Cute for a while, but eventually it becomes irritating.

No one "understands" economics. I almost have my PhD in it, and I certainly don't "understand" it. People with Bachelors in econ don't "understand" it. People who've taken a couple courses certainly don't understand it. Economics is fickle, counterintuitive, caveat-riddled, vast, amorphous, and often inscrutable. Trying to understand economics is a hopelessly Sisyphean endeavor; anyone who says otherwise is selling something.

-Mostly true.

Thanks for rating the statement, Politifact.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 12:07:03 AM »

Generic platitudes about muh commies are now the height of hindsight, according to the still hilariously-named BRTD. Roll Eyes
Is that what BRTD stands for?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2017, 11:57:36 AM »

Ironically Tony would probably flip out and be disgusted and offended if he saw the thread Virginia posts in the most on AAD.

By all means enlighten me. Roll Eyes

I'm guessing something like, "Post Pictures of Hot Women Here Thread".
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 02:01:15 PM »

How about we keep this thread open but change name for someone more deserving than a racist asshole?

How about Santander? I think we could all agree on that.
I third this motion.

I move that we spend the next 50 pages of this thread arguing about who it should be named after.  At which point, we will have hit the 2000 post mark, and we can move on to a new thread.

Is there a second?

I second this motion.

I further move that the two threads be merged, and it be named "The [Mr. Morden/Virginia] Good Post Gallery".
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2017, 02:18:31 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2017, 02:20:21 PM by Kingpoleon »

...Eisenhower to the left of Carter? Reagan to the left of both Bushes? Nixon to the left of and more libertarian than Ford?!

I mean, once you realize that Rutherford B. Hayes is the exact center of the political spectrum, it all makes sense.

CC: One-Liners & Atlas Hilarity
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies