The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:41:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90483 times)
Lachi
lok1999
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -1.06, S: -3.02

« on: February 12, 2017, 05:08:52 PM »

...And by that I mean, I don't know how you put up with this place. Let it be clear - I'm not leaving. I would never be able to do that. But, God, this place has really turned to sh**t. I mean, the Presidential boards are all filled with Nazis, delusional Trumpists, and people who think Elizabeth Warren is more unelectable than al-Baghdadi and Tulsi Gabbard is the left's savior and will win a 50 state landslide. Those boards never get any news put on them, it's meaningless speculation and poor Morden trying to keep everyone on topic. It's not like the rest of the site is better, either. Every day a new spammer appears, and 2 of the 3 modadmins (i. e. people who can do anything about it) are inactive as hell. The midterm boards are also full of [Random name] could run for [Insignificant house seat].

And that's not the worst of it. Every Individual Politics thread is a page-long argument between two people who are usually both wrong. I'm not yearning for the glory days of eight years ago - I wasn't here then. I'm yearning for the "glory days" of ing April 2016, when I thought it was pretty bad. There's no reason to check any of the political boards any more, because they're all boring or idiotic or both. Moderators are incompetent, unwilling to ban literal Nazis because "opinions Smiley", but flipping out over swears and stuff. Everything meaningful on this site has gone to sh**t. And god bless the few of you (Averroes, Virginia, etc.) who try to keep everyone's heads on straight, but it's a real uphill battle.

Again, I won't leave - I have too much of a commitment, especially to Atlasia and Lumine's board and sh**t (God, for once, that's the good part! What a crazy place this is). I know that leaving or whatever will only make the problem worse, but it's infuriating. There's just nothing left outside of the bottom five boards that's worth it for me to keep checking. I only get myself mad. AAD does all this stuff better, and I'm not just saying this to shamelessly promote the better, elitist forum like most people. They do everything better over there, and it's so much more worthwhile to spend time on an intelligent, well-moderated, civil forum than this hellhole.

I wish you all luck, and I hope we can find a way out of this mess, because, God, it looks bleak.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies