The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:45:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90438 times)
Sven
plainstone89
Rookie
United States

« on: February 09, 2017, 05:03:47 PM »

Let's hear it for Silent Cal.

Let me demonstrate how to say this in a nice, respectful, and calm way.

I am not entirely 100% comfortable with transgenderism. I am not sure that gender identity is not a result of environmental conditioning and just biology, although I do believe there are biological roots. I fully admit to being a conservative on my personal take on transgender people in the sense that I question if they aren't being influenced by outside environmental factors in determining their gender.

Regardless of my opinions, transgender people deserve the full rights the Constitution affords them, which is the right to marry, be with whoever they want, and to have the pronoun that they are biologically at the time (if they are in transition, the future gender). They are entitled to the full respect I would give any citizen on the street.

It's not my business. It doesn't hurt anyone (e.g, the unborn). Therefore, to me, my opinion on a personal scale of transgenderism is moot and how we treat them is a matter of social respect and Constitutional deference to the rights they enjoy.

There, that is and should be the conservative response to discussing this issue.

(P.S. Never thought I'd say that.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies