The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:58:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90385 times)
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« on: March 16, 2015, 06:59:16 PM »

No post that contains >implying belongs in this thread.

Or that non-ironically complains about political correctness jesus christ.

"political correctness ruins everything ;~;" -- straight white dudes
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 08:10:02 PM »

once again… it's really easy to say "identity politics" is a plague when your identity isn't constantly under attack.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 07:01:17 PM »

once again… it's really easy to say "identity politics" is a plague when your identity isn't constantly under attack.

The concept of the individual, let alone the identity, is a social construct and your insistence on using English--language being another social construct--as a means of communication just goes to show how much power omnipresent forces have over your behavior and way of thinking. Once you abandon all of this absurdity associated with the search for self, the desire for acceptance, and so on, you shall be truly free.

haha what
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 07:22:37 PM »

The concept of the individual, let alone the identity, is a social construct and your insistence on using English--language being another social construct--as a means of communication just goes to show how much power omnipresent forces have over your behavior and way of thinking. Once you abandon all of this absurdity associated with the search for self, the desire for acceptance, and so on, you shall be truly free.

haha what

I'm saying that caring likely won't effect change, and even if it did, it's incredibly arrogant to assume that the things you care about and the direction in which you want to change them is morally correct, if there ever was such a thing. And if attempting to change something that might not be correct based on a scale that probably doesn't exist won't do anything, then you probably shouldn't waste your life on it. Every social concept has been invented by humanity, and for humanity--humanity being the selfish, oafish creatures who have killed countless of their own kind, pillaged their natural environment, and raised vice to be a virtue. So don't waste your life, which, relative to the whole of the universe, is less thank the blink of an eye, on attempting to understand and control the dying social apparatus of a useless race. That's what they want you to do.

i happen to be a part of humanity, as do you. as such, the "dying social apparatus" of humanity matters to me. please go evangelize (cacoangelize?) your strange brand of nihilism elsewhere.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 07:52:00 PM »

when i see posts from liberals saying the gop will die off when the old folks do, i laugh(and i'm very liberal)...right now, the only branch controlled by the democratic party is the executive; the gop control everything else..they also control 31 governorships and 30 state legislatures....and thanks to gerrymandering, that control will not be relinqushed anytime soon..and as for demographics, white support for democrats is collapsing at an astonishing rate..so much so that we could see a situation whereby the only white people who vote democratic are gay people and jewish people...because of all this, i predict a republican gain in the house and senate in 2016
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 06:06:16 AM »

Green Party.

I have voted Green here in Austria since I was able to vote. But sometimes I disagree with them, like now for example when it comes to the asylum crisis. The Greens simply want to import as many asylum seekers as possible (100.000s of them) and let them have all the goodies that Austria provides for them. I simply want them deported, most of them - especially the 80% of young males that are coming instead of the women and children who are left behind in the war areas and who are the ones who should be here and not the men, who should fight against Assad and IS and not lurk around the local town squares and surf the internet on their 300€ phones ... I favour a moderate asylum approach with 20.000 asylum seekers max. and not 70.000-80.000 like this year and only for those who are really in need, not economic asylum seekers. The Green Party seems to be reality-denying and playing into the hands of the FPÖ with their constant "wide open barn-door philosophy".

no.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 08:42:39 PM »

The Austrian broadcaster ORF today said in their main evening news show that more than 80% of Hungarians (!) backed the tough new isolationist policies of the Orban government on the border.

Yet another central European country that wasn't properly de-Nazified (de-Horthyfied?). Very sad.

Now this is too much. Four decades under communist rule and 1956 wasn't enough for you?

The Soviets did not do proper denazification. They screwed them up - certainly, true. But ideologically they were far too close to being Nazis themselves.

I would begin angrily flapping my arms at this if I did not know you better. In lieu of that, might I ask in what ways were Soviet denazification efforts in the Eastern Bloc insufficient?

That is, actually, very easy. The Soviets never, really, explained, what was it that was wrong about the Nazis. In the internal Soviet discourse the Nazis were bad because they attacked the Soviets: - a point which might, arguably, be lost on the Hungarians - and I do not blame them, actually. The Soviets could not properly denazify because doing that would be... anti-Soviet. You would have to explain why the Nazis were evil - but on most of those counts they were not substantially different from the Soviets. Hungarians were pretty much told that what the Nazis did wrong was to start and lose a war, and that their own leaders were wrong in betting on a wrong horse. That the victors' justice was heavy-handed was no denazification, but simple revenge.

In a certain sense, the Berlin Airlift was, by itself, a much more efficient denazificaiton measure than anything the Soviets would dare to do.

Unfortunately, commenting on the rest of your post, according to some participants of these boards, would mean trolling. So, I am forced to hold off, while thinking of that boy Motl, son of a cantor in Kasrilovke.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 12:51:45 AM »

a national treasure
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 04:15:23 PM »

It really amazes me to watch people who have voted Republican all of their lives, who endlessly cheered on the likes of Ronald Reagan, both George Bushes (especially the second one - have we forgotten already??) as they did much to wreak havoc on America (and the rest of the world!) through destroying the social safety net, launching pointless and devastating wars, appointing thousands of right-wing hacks to the federal judiciary and the federal bureaucracy; who nodded in approval as congressional Republicans have, without exception, blocked much of President Obama's legislative agenda in an unprecedented display of bitter sore-loserdom; who have stoked the ugly, base, racist, sexist, misogynistic, homophobic, xenophobic, chauvinistic instincts of White America, long before Donald Trump cared about being a politician; and who, more than anyone else, enthusiastically endorse, promote, and intellectually rationalize the modern American conservative ideology - the single most destructive ideology in American politics, not least of all to black Americans and other minorities, immigrants, women, the LGBT community, the poor and the working classes; it really amazes me, to watch these people be horrified by the out-of-control Frankenstein(Trump) that they are directly responsible for creating.

Donald Trump may say a lot of outlandish and awful, bigoted bulls-it, but that's par for the course for the Republican Party for the last 50+ years. Take a good, hard look at the other Republican candidates in the race: John Kasich? The "moderate, sensible" Governor whose favorite pastimes have included not allowing gay people to get married, wrecking the public education system in Ohio, and  quietly slipping vile anti-choice/anti-abortion provisions into larger, less controversial budget bills? Marco Rubio, the Republican Senator from the state that recently gave us such "moderates" as Jeb Bush and Rick Scott? Ben Carson? Ted Cruz? Are you f-cking kidding me?

I have no sympathy for the Republican Establishment as they utterly failed to see the likes of Trump coming. I have no sympathy for people who focus obsessively on Trump while ignoring (or worse, promoting) other, equally vile Republican candidates. I have nothing but contempt for wealthy, elite Republicans who themselves have nothing but contempt for the less well-off or less-educated members of their own party who have been gravitating to Trump in large numbers.

As far as support for Trump goes; for me, it is strictly schadenfreude at the inevitable consequences of Republican electoral strategy, the right-wing media (National Review, FOX News, etc.) and other lifelong water-carriers for America's main right-wing party being utterly discredited, and other Establishment pricks who failed to take Donald Trump's candidacy seriously - until it was too late. No, I don't actually support Donald Trump or what he stands for (I'm a liberal Democrat, FFS) , but I fail to see how he is any worse than the Republican Party as a whole - and that most definitely includes the so-called "moderate" Republican Establishment.

If Trump is a fascist, then the Republican Party as it has existed for the past several decades is directly responsible for creating and enabling fascism in America. They can't wash their hands of that, no matter how hard they try.

rename the mine, this one's a winner
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 07:11:26 PM »

Just impotently (and impolitely) trying to stifle his speech?

I don't give a f**k about his speech.

I also give a f**K what you think about it.
You obviously give enough of a fuck to respond to it, so yeah, it'd say you do give a fuck.

You're damn right I give a f**K. I've had it.

A colleague of mine happened to be at the Brussels airport on Tuesday morning. My colleague wasn't hurt. My colleague happens to have Turkish parents.

Yet our resident forum retards Helsinkian and dead0man have nothing better to do than to spout their usual racist, cynical, and/or inhuman bulls**t.

I've had it. I've had it with racist bullsh**t. And don't tell me it isn't racist. Anyone who thinks it isn't racist should go f**k themselves.

I've had it that I'm subpoenaed to appear before court because people who are just like Helsinkian and dead0man had nothing to do in their miserable, wasted existence than to send threat letters with their torture fantasies.

I've had it.

I've had it that with people who are just like Helsinkian and dead0man sending me racist cartoons of Muslim men who rape German women on Whatsapp in an attempt to provoke me.

I've had it.

I've had it that people who are just like Helsinkian and dead0man call me mentally retarded or a pedophile or just mock me due to my presumed political affiliations.

So this is it. A whole new ballgame. This is about purging Helsinkian and dead0man from this forum once and for all. Because as far as I'm concerned their right to free speech is SUSPENDED. Because MY right not to be bothered by their or anyone else's similar bullsh**t ultimately SUPERSEDES their right to free speech. Helsinkian and dead0man owe ME an apology. And their apology should be that they live this forum forever. Their mere presence is an insult.

If anyone got a problem with this: Go f**k yourself.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 04:39:12 PM »

Jesus.

Hey neckbeards! Listen to me because I am always right: remarks like this are not O.K. If you think they are O.K. then you, my good sir, are a sexist pig. You may in fact even be indirectly part of the problem. It is absolutely not acceptable to blame rape victims for being rape victims. Your attitudes are sh!tty and you need to be told so in order to become better people.

glad you agree. now could you stop supporting a rapist for president?
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2016, 05:32:11 PM »

Jesus.

Hey neckbeards! Listen to me because I am always right: remarks like this are not O.K. If you think they are O.K. then you, my good sir, are a sexist pig. You may in fact even be indirectly part of the problem. It is absolutely not acceptable to blame rape victims for being rape victims. Your attitudes are sh!tty and you need to be told so in order to become better people.

glad you agree. now could you stop supporting a rapist for president?

Secretary Clinton hasn't raped anybody.

donald drumpf has.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2016, 11:34:25 AM »

Sacrilege! A proper Brezel (if you are going to import our food, Americans, please spell it correctly!) is one of the best things in the world - if I think of those fresh brown dough wonders that they sold at the bakery at my school, sometimes still fresh and warm an crisp straight from the oven... That first bite into that deliciousness is a piece of heaven on earth...

Coming back to the original impetus of discussion, the consumption of mustard together with a Brezel - I wouldn't necessarily put mustard on a Brezel, but when you eat that to cheese or ham or similar, mustard on the side together with the rest is quite good - especially with the sweet sorts of mustards we have over here.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 05:32:01 AM »

Also, isn't it amazing that supporting the same position as the main leader of one of the two major political parties in the United States now gets you branded as some evil monster? 

That being said, I think Xahar is fundamentally a good person.  I don't think poorly of all Muslims, as much as I dislike the religion and what it stands for.  We disagree strongly on many issues, but I want to make it clear that I do not hate him.  He can hate me, and that is fine.

Adolf Hitler was the main leader of the chief political force in Weimar-era Germany in the 1930s and, yes, anyone who was a supporter of his was, in all likelihood, an evil monster who is responsible for the Holocaust. There's hardly any difference between Donald Trump and Adolf Hitler. Trump celebrates torture, touts military solutions to diplomatic solutions, supports mass population transfers for the sake of maintaining purity, believes in a "stab in the back myth" in which a small clique of politicians/elites are responsible for the downfall of America etc. Trump, like Hitler, is a lunatic who has a number of mental disorders.

So yes, I hate you for being a waste of life. I hate fascists. I've hated most Republicans for most of my life; they were the kids who called me a beaner and taunted me by calling me a "fence hopper" and asking if "my mom was an illegal". Your kind promotes a deeply disturbed worldview in which it is perfectly acceptable to demean and debase immigrants and their children for having the deeply discourteous desire to maintain cultural traditions or to fly the flag of their native country. Further, your kind promotes a deeply disturbed worldview in which Muslims refugees are clearly worth less than Christian refugees and where universal human rights are, in fact, privileges for those who had the good luck to be born with white skin in a European state or a state founded by European settlers.

None of this even mentions the fact that you've repeatedly exalted yourself as some sort of Galt-like figure who deserves to make millions while the poor live miserable existences because, in your view, they are inferior to you. Clearly, you need help and treatment for your asberger's friend. As it turns out, systematically insulting entire classes of people is a bad way to "Make Friends and Influence People". It's, generally speaking, a bad practice to advocate for steep immigration barriers on the basis of the inferiority and danger posed by immigrants, which insinuates that immigrants and their children are inferior to you!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2016, 03:37:20 PM »

The split would've inevitably happened at some point. It should be obvious that people like me in the current year wouldn't be OK accepting the Vatican as an authority.

lmbo i didn't realise people actually used the $current_year argument unironically
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2016, 10:14:24 AM »

Context: response to the proposal of unlimited immigration.

No (D), this is a horrific idea, that would hurt workers the most, and dis-advantaged urban areas. We can see this happening in the UK and other countries. A nation with multicultural, and multi-ethnic vibrancy can only work in the confines of controlled immigration, immigration to deal with the country's needs, and immigrants that contribute to society

A nation-state is an important aspect, but I wouldn't expect white Europeans, who ruined that idea through imperialism and colonialism to understand.

I don't know why this is morally questionable.

i thought this was the deluge for a moment and was like, "oh cool, hifly's grown a soul while i was gone", but apparently not. disappointing as always.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 02:19:39 PM »

Lmao. I love how the AAD cult is trying to turn Tony against Virginia (and failing entirely) because you can't handle the fact that one of your echo chamber's idols was a total douche who wasn't even that good of a poster.
what
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies