The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:09:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90406 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: March 29, 2015, 06:27:38 PM »

Hillary Fans Society of Mutual Support is at work here, I see.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 08:16:51 PM »

Hillary Fans Society of Mutual Support is at work here, I see.

you got owned kaljetw, don't sulk about it

I wish. "Got owned (by)" and "Beet" does not belong in the same sentence. Keep searching, my friend Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 11:08:27 AM »

I wonder whether IceSpear is on Hillary's campaign payroll (money that could be better spend) or he's just a pitifully weak individual with no ability to think on his own, so he must unconditionally worship a political figure for life to have any meaning.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 11:49:56 AM »

hahah the anti-hillary hacks mad now

Actually, as you've said yourself, I'm more of an anti-hack hack Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 04:49:32 AM »

Jesus would probably be banned after the first time he advised someone to cut their hands off in order to prevent themselves from trolling.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 05:03:52 PM »

I'm surprised and disappointed that so many of you wish to tarnish the presidential election process by tying it to a badly flawed process. Using Congressional districts that are badly rigged all across the country is a terrible idea.

I don't get the desire for this even when you take out gerrymandering - A president should be selected based on majority support, and CD EV allocation compounds the EC issue even more. It doesn't necessarily have to be a popular vote, but CD allocated EVs is a garbage idea.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »

Some people really need to be banned from posting in this thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2016, 05:31:57 AM »

A lot of 2016 board posts operate under the assumption that every working class white is a raging racist, and most that vote for Democrats do so only because they don't believe the Republicans are racist enough, and are just waiting for the most blatantly racist candidate since after the civil rights era* to finally jump over to the Republicans, and there's no way any white that doesn't have a college degree can't be disgusted by racism and juvenile sexist rhetoric. As someone pointed out if you follow this logic then the best way for the Republicans to max out their white support is to become an out and out neo-Nazi party.

*Even more hysterically, many of these posters at the same time also believe this same candidate will win 20-30% of the black vote.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 02:23:51 PM »

Obviously if someone is addicted to something there are underlying emotional reasons.
Most people who don't smoke have a disturbing sanctimonious attitude toward those who
do whether the smoker does it public or in private, the latter not hurting anyone but themselves. People who are not addicts themselves rarely have any compassion for people
that are and can't even bring themselves to shed crocadile tears for those to whom they feel morally superior. It is doubtful that any but a small number of people here have a clue as to any of this, as usual. Non smokers may have an addiction to something else (drinking, drugs, food, ocd, etc) and yet fail to see the hypocrisy in their sanctimonious hatred of smokers.

No, I'm not defending smoking, it is not good for one's health, but there are many other things that make a person unhealthy. Yes, people of various political persuasions are smokers.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 05:02:06 PM »

I hope if Hillary wins we can make West Virginia our new nuclear waste disposal area. It's certainly more deserving than poor Yucca Mountain. We can rename it Waste Virginia.

If the Democrats are serious about claiming any degree of moral superiority over the Republicans at all, this cannot be the party's attitude towards any part of the country, regardless of how much reason there is to dislike the people living there. The American left cannot turn into Margaret Thatcher deliberately pursuing policies that will hurt unsympathetic demographics and justifying it with 'they are not our people'. It is neither morally justifiable nor, in the final analysis, politically efficacious.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 03:14:10 PM »

This forum definitely has a problem with the bandwagon effect. Those wave threads are just like the spontaneous Opinion of ... polls in FC - Someone creates a silly poll or thread, and then like half a dozen or more users create a slightly different version of it for some reason. I wish people would stop doing that, because those bandwagon threads rarely ever turn out to be funny (imo). Quite the opposite, actually.

I don't recall ever seeing this happen on other forums, either. However, obviously anecdotal evidence is just anecdotal Tongue
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2016, 01:11:24 AM »

On what possible grounds is this the correct thread for that post?

I was on mobile and couldn't find the Simple Truths Mine or whatever it's called now.

Then you really should've waited.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 01:17:50 AM »

Personally, I don't think the Nazi/Swastika reference is in proper taste and it is insulting to boot. Trump is in no way on the same level of evil as the Nazis.... but I think the KKK stuff seems fitting, in the sense that Trump has built his campaign on scapegoating ethnic minorities. Obviously I don't think Trump is a white supremacist, but he seems to have no problem saying bigoted things or otherwise denigrating minorities when it benefits him. I don't think it's a coincidence that Stormfront / white supremacists are experiencing more attention this cycle, either.

The Klan should make Trump an honorary member, on account of all the scapegoating of brown people he is doing. He's like David Duke with the baggage Roll Eyes
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2016, 04:57:57 AM »

You know, I'm getting a little tired of hearing about how gays need to 'grow a thicker skin' and laugh off the bigoted sewage being thrown in their faces, but God forbid someone criticize the evangelicals. When one decides to begin a conversation by singling out another poster as "unnatural," one should not be surprised if this engenders a negative response.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2016, 06:17:59 AM »

You know, I'm getting a little tired of hearing about how gays need to 'grow a thicker skin' and laugh off the bigoted sewage being thrown in their faces, but God forbid someone criticize the evangelicals. When one decides to begin a conversation by singling out another poster as "unnatural," one should not be surprised if this engenders a negative response.

What an unnatural post!(pls don't criticize me just because I criticized you)

Yeah, goes against the national order.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 04:41:31 AM »

Good for them. The treatment of prisoners in some places and the awful conditions of many prisons nationwide is something that is far too often ignored. They are people too, and despite what some may think, many of these people are not violent criminals. Just because they are prisoners doesn't mean we can just wave off whatever bs they go through, with the excuse "they broke the law so fk 'em!"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 11:58:14 AM »

"Oh look, another two-liner I like. Let's put it in the Good Post Gallery!"
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 12:19:58 PM »

Now, this is a proper effortpost

In the "US presidential election results", there are lots of threads about "describe a X (AAAA), Y (BBBB) voter".
It is possible to make this kind of thread about other countries' voters.

So, I create this thread for Brazilian voters

Generic right-wing, "reaça"
1989: Paulo Maluf (1st round), Fernando Collor (2nd round)
1994: Fernando Henrique Cardoso
1998: Fernando Henrique Cardoso
2002: José Serra
2006: Geraldo Alckmin
2010: José Serra
2014: Aécio Neves

Generic left-wing
1989: Lula (1st and 2nd round)
1994: Lula
1998: Lula
2002: Lula (1st and 2nd round)
2006: Heloísa Helena (1st round), Lula (2nd round)
2010: Plínio Sampaio (1st round), Dilma Rousseff (2nd round)
2014: Luciana Genro (1st round), Dilma Rousseff (2nd round)

Far right
1989: Enéias (1st round), Fernando Collor (2nd round)
1994: Enéias
1998: Enéias
2002: none
2006: Geraldo Alckmin
2010: Levy Fidelix (1st round), José Serra (2nd round)
2014: Levy Fidelix (1st round), Aécio Neves (2nd round)

Far left
1998: José Maria
2002: José Maria (1st round), Lula (2nd round)
2006: Heloísa Helena (1st round), none (2nd round)
2010: Plínio Sampaio (1st round), none (2nd round)
2014: Luciana Genro or Mauro Iasi (1st round), none (2nd round)

Straight ticket PT, "aperta 13 e confirma", "petista"
2006: Lula (1st and 2nd round)
2010: Dilma Rousseff (1st and 2nd round)
2014: Dilma Rousseff (1st and 2nd round)

Straight ticket PSDB, "aperta 45 e confirma", "tucano"
1989: Mário Covas (1st round), Lula (2nd round)
2002: José Serra (1st and 2nd round)
2006: Geraldo Alckmin (1st and 2nd round)
2010: José Serra (1st and 2nd round)
2014: Aécio Neves (1st and 2nd round)

Nationalist left
1989: Leonel Brizola (1st round), Lula (2nd round)
1994: Leonel Brizola
2002: Ciro Gomes (1st round), Lula (2nd round)

Very poor voter who lives in rural areas in the North and in the Northeast
1989: Fernando Collor (1st and 2nd round)
2002: José Serra (1st and 2nd round)

Middle class, former PT voter, dissapointed with PT after the corruption scandals, but not willing to vote for other left-wing parties because changed his/her political views to the right (I know many of them)
2010: José Serra (1st and 2nd round)
2014: Aécio Neves (1st and 2nd round)

Middle class, former PT voter, dissapointed with PT after the corruption scandals, but not willing to vote for other left-wing parties because changed his/her political views to the right, but wants to show to the left-wing friends that it is still a little bit progressive
2006: Cristóvam Buarque (1st round), Geraldo Alckmin (2nd round)
2010: Marina Silva (1st round), José Serra (2nd round)
2014: Marina Silva or Eduardo Jorge (1st round), Aécio Neves (2nd round)

Middle class, doesn't care about politics, vote for the candidate that the relatives, friends and neighboors will vote too, "follow the wave"
1989: Mário Covas (1st round), none (2nd round)
2014: Marina Silva (1st round), Aécio Neves (2nd round)

Centrist voter, dissapointed with the PSDB shift to the right, but also with the PT scandals
1989: Mário Covas (1st round), Lula (2nd round)
2006: Cristóvam Buarque (1st round), Geraldo Alckmin (2nd round)
2014: Marina Silva (1st round), Aécio Neves (2nd round)

Of course, I am considering only voters born before 1973 (could vote in 1989). There are younger voters who voted only in the most recent elections.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 05:51:34 AM »

Most people on this forum can afford to vote how they want; white, male, educated and generally well off voters of course have a choice because you can mitigate against a Trump presidency. You might be lucky enough to live in a Democratic bolthole, protected from all but the deepest reaches of federal government. But others do not. It's a privileged position to have and smacks of 'I'm alright Jack', just a little bit too much.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2016, 08:20:00 AM »

A local strongman promoted way above his ability. It's like if Sheriff Arpaio had left-wing allies and randomly got elected president.

Essentially he lacks the intellectual capacity to act with nuance, so all his machinations are ridiculously overtelegraphed. Also his pigheaded machismo attitude is beyond caricature - like Trump he mistakes horniness for respect for women (in his speech ostensibly praising VP Roberto, he stated that she could never be president because she is beautiful, and people would just stare at her and not take her seriously; and then he said he often stared at her in cabinet meetings).

That said I view him more of a symptom of the Liberal Party's failure to address the crippling dysfunctions in Filipino society - kind of the equivalent of Thaskin or even Andrew Jackson vs his enemies.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2016, 07:35:20 AM »

Sorry, TJ, but

I think he's generally a very nice person, but I have a very hard time dealing with his staunch anti-gay stance. I can live with pro-lifers, those that support the death penalty, and many other socially conservative stances. My mom is pro-death penalty, my grandpa is pro-life in opposition to my grandma's staunchly pro-choice position, and so on. I can accept difference of opinion to an extent. I cannot accept someone that is willing to accept discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or sexual identity.

It'd be like living next door to someone that was similar to Ned Flanders. Yes, he's very nice and would be a good neighbour, but there are some things I could never get past. I voted HP, with a fair amount of remorse. As a Catholic, I would strongly urge him to take heart of the words of the Holy Father himself. I'm not a practicing Catholic myself, but I do believe His Holiness Pope Francis is a truly great man and an absolute inspiration for all.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 11:58:49 AM »

"Anti-PC?" Don't you idiots realize that what you call "political correctness" is what actual decent people call "being considerate?" You're going to go shout "Merry Christmas" in the faces of a bunch of Sikhs just to be sh-t-stains? That's "standing up for your rights?"

I can only imagine how insecure you must be if you actually find "political correctness" threatening. My goodness.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 04:34:42 PM »

The Ukrainian government is pathetic. It's not justifying Putin. It's a statement of fact.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 10:57:30 AM »

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if this forum was completely fake. I honestly can't believe that some of the people here are actually real.

You're certainly real, Oldies. A sock would learn by now how to properly use this thread.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 02:32:11 PM »

So, Atlas posters determines yout outlook?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies