The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:54:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Sam Spade Memorial Good Post Gallery  (Read 90459 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: February 15, 2015, 04:11:17 PM »

Wow, five posts in and not a single "good post" yet. This thread is off to a "good" start.
Did you see the one above yours? That was a good post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 07:24:54 PM »

"We are all warts on the ass of history"-Cathconicles.

(No seriously, I enjoyed your posts).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 08:44:02 PM »

I never thought I'd put a Lyndon post here.

I've been generally sympathetic to the Greek plight, but this is pretty reckless behavior by Tsipras.  I think that the referendum is a good idea in principle, but pulling out of negotiations and springing this on everyone like this is highly irresponsible.

Most people in the pro-European camp realize now that Tsipras's plan all along was to waste time with a sham negotiation until the last minute, then denounce them for being unreasonable and use the subsequent turmoil as an excuse to leave Eurozone and return to drachma.

Let's face it, these people are far-left ideologues, real ones, not like those imagined by Republicans. Most of them were members of Communist Party for many years. They never liked Greece's participation in the EU, let alone the Eurozone. They now have the chance of their lifetimes to transform Greece into Venezuela, and they aren't afraid to divide the Greek people into patriots and traitors in order to succeed.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 09:45:56 PM »

I agree that Leip's lackadaisical approach to this site is kind of astonishing and he needs to prune plenty of boards. But many of the complaints from people who keep sucking AAD's dick are pretty unpleasable, and if what a lot of you guys really want is some sort of social club, your time for an elections focused site has long passed and this forum will be better off without you. What is worst about this site, by far, is its people devoted to "Atlas culture." That aspect of this site is a cesspool. The attachment to the stories from Bushie or Libertas are honestly sort of gross, and if you mainly stick around a place to take glee in someone's absurd self-destruction, just go watch reality television.

I mean, let's take Lief's complaints. What are they, even? His posts about CCSF highlight that he's all over the place. He wants trolls banned, until he doesn't. He wants active moderators, until he doesn't. What do some of you guys actually want? I'm genuinely curious. It's easy to chime in with complaints all the time, but what do people actually want done?

I was coming to post this.
I, for one, enjoy the segregation of Atlas culture and legitimate Atlas activity. If I want to read the Update, I go to AAD. If I want to actually inform myself on what is going on in the world, I come here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 07:25:50 PM »

AL PREDICTED THE FINANCIAL CRISIS, IS HE THE VINCE CABLE OF ATLAS
I believe you mean the Ron Paul of Atlas.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 02:43:04 PM »

Jesus.

Hey neckbeards! Listen to me because I am always right: remarks like this are not O.K. If you think they are O.K. then you, my good sir, are a sexist pig. You may in fact even be indirectly part of the problem. It is absolutely not acceptable to blame rape victims for being rape victims. Your attitudes are sh!tty and you need to be told so in order to become better people.

glad you agree. now could you stop supporting a rapist for president?

Secretary Clinton hasn't raped anybody.
Well she just remained married to one. That makes her a white moderate right?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2016, 03:49:56 PM »

That was a very enlightening post. I was not aware that Metzenbaum was such a dick. That explains why he was so viciously attacked by Fritz Hollings on the Senate floor.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 03:04:40 PM »

The idea that white working class voters backed Trump due to "white identity politics" makes no sense whatsoever because so many of them voted for a Black graduate of Harvard Law School who is a champagne sipping, latte liberal. The difference was that he actually made an effort to campaign on tangible policy issues, distanced himself from "special interest groups" (to his credit, Obama earnestly seemed to despise people like George Soros), actually campaigned on accomplishments, like rescuing the auto industry etc.

Maybe white working class voters backed Trump due to "white identity politics". Maybe they're racist. What history should teach you is that this shouldn't matter: the white working class was the bedrock of the Democratic Party from the 60s onward and backed stereotypically liberal candidates against Republicans time and time and time again. The Iron Range of Minnesota never budged in its support for people like McGovern and Humphrey and so on.

So yeah, I think you should pull your head of your rear end and realize that this is prejudice. Do you know who loved George H.W. Bush's blatant and disgusting race-baiting campaign? Affluent "moderates Smiley". Do you know who voted for Dukakis regardless of the fact that he loved Willie Horton Negroes or whatever? A bunch of gun-toting hicks. I suspect that people like you only care about racism when it comes from those people and sounds like it's in the wrong tone but when it sounds respectable and is hidden, it's acceptable and okay.

edit: mostly I think it's wild that a bunch of idiots online think that the white working class is racist meme holds up when so many of these people voted for Obama twice. Maybe they're racist but it's good that Obama tricked racists into voting for him, proof that racism can be shallow and unimportant in the polling place. The less important that is in motivating people, the better. You don't want to encourage people to act on racism by daring them to act on it by scolding them. So dumb that I have to be punished for this mentality when it's white liberals who are promoting it.

Came here to post this
Credit where credit is due, that was a superb post.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:35:45 PM »

This is a pretty interesting theory. The evidence isn't in and won't be for a while, but this seems like an increasingly credible possibility.

My theory ahead and biased thinking so spoilers ahead so you can skip this if you want.

The honest truth is that I begin to think the real scandal is that Trump received financial and political benefits from Russia during his presidential campaign in return for undertaking a softer line on Moscow. Russia may have outright manipulated the campaign and the campaign went along with it to damage Clinton. That's collusion in a sense but I don't believe intentionally. Had Trump thought he would win I don't think he would've done any of this.

I really think it was incompetence and greed that propelled the communications not a conscious desire to betray the United States. The campaign may have justified itself by thinking that they could later contain Russia if need be, in the event they won. They may have even concluded they were using Russia.

Remember nobody thought Trump would win. Russia probably wanted to damage the incoming Clinton administration and they had several ins with the Trump campaign. They likely used Donald Trump's desire for business ties with Russia, bribed Flynn and Kushner, and then tried to sow chaos with Wikileaks. Trump figured he would go back to the private sector and make millions more.

The mistake may be that they won. I don't think Putin anticipated that or the subsequent investigation. But the chaos right now benefits him too. So he won either way.

It fits with what we know about Russia's interference with other elections. They may in fact be damaging Trump now to sow even more chaos.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »

Lmao. I love how the AAD cult is trying to turn Tony against Virginia (and failing entirely) because you can't handle the fact that one of your echo chamber's idols was a total douche who wasn't even that good of a poster.

So uh can an old atlas person registered on AAD go check the forum and see if we're conspiring to turn you guys against each other? After you deleted your account because we were mean to your buddy Classic Conservative, you've really gone off the deep end.

I'm actually curious as to how the AAD Cult operates. I must be really out of the loop.
No, that is the guy with the Navy lover. What was his name again?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies