Atlas forum leaderboard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas forum leaderboard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 39
Author Topic: Atlas forum leaderboard  (Read 75231 times)
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: January 03, 2017, 09:11:26 PM »

Is it possible to do "most posts this year" tracking or other similar things.

Actually I think that is a fine idea. Right now, this thread only serves to show a few minute changes here and there between the same 10 posters, some of whom have stopped posting long ago or are outright banished from Atlasland.

Curious if the stats for such a thing are even available to the right people.

They would be a good addition, and the only way they'd be available is if someone took screenshots of every page of the members page on January 1...

Also since I'd likely wind up in the top 5 or 10 of this ranking, plsno

Did you make 75 posts in two days(I have a problem)?

Oh, I have before. I once got 1034 over a 30 day period, and that might not even be my highest (I have a huge problem).

I've made more posts since Halloween than you've made in your whole time here
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »

Actually I think that is a fine idea. Right now, this thread only serves to show a few minute changes here and there between the same 10 posters, some of whom have stopped posting long ago or are outright banished from Atlasland.

They would be a good addition, and the only way they'd be available is if someone took screenshots of every page of the members page on January 1...

Also since I'd likely wind up in the top 5 or 10 of this ranking, plsno

Did you make 75 posts in two days(I have a problem)?

Oh, I have before. I once got 1034 over a 30 day period, and that might not even be my highest (I have a huge problem).

I've made more posts since Halloween than you've made in your whole time here

WOW! I need to step up my game...

Though 1034/30 = 34.44444. I've done more then that on some days.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #352 on: January 03, 2017, 09:20:26 PM »

Haha don't. Trust me, you'll regret it a lot later. 1,000 posts in a month is never healthy. Don't do Atlas, kids. Stay in school.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #353 on: January 03, 2017, 10:35:43 PM »

I seriously consider reporting this thread for making me depressed.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #354 on: January 03, 2017, 10:51:08 PM »

No, there's no way for me to check such things that's any different from how everyone else can do it: Go through the list of "likely suspects" one by one, and view the "show the latest posts of this person" link on their profile page, then count the number from a certain date onwards.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2017, 06:23:42 AM »

No, there's no way for me to check such things that's any different from how everyone else can do it: Go through the list of "likely suspects" one by one, and view the "show the latest posts of this person" link on their profile page, then count the number from a certain date onwards.

I'm pretty sure Wayback Machine has caches of the top posters page on early January of each year. With a couple of subtractions you could get a rough estimate.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure Wayback Machine has caches of the top posters page on early January of each year. With a couple of subtractions you could get a rough estimate.

You don't need the Wayback Machine.  Like I said, for a given poster, it's easy enough to figure out how many posts they made over a given time interval.  Just go to their profile page, click on the "latest posts" link, and then look at how many posts they made over the time interval in question.  Since the posts are numbered, it's simple.

The question being asked though was whether the forum software has a way of sorting who is posting at the greatest rate at any particular time.  And to that, the answer is (AFAIK) no.  All you can do is guess who the most likely suspects are, and then check their profiles accordingly.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #357 on: January 04, 2017, 10:48:36 AM »

Tony, please get a girlfriend.  Wink
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #358 on: January 04, 2017, 03:36:33 PM »

Don't listen to him, Tony. If you want to experience an excruciating pain, better stick your hand into fire.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #359 on: January 04, 2017, 03:38:50 PM »

Don't listen to him, Tony. If you want to experience an excruciating pain, better stick your hand into fire.

He needs his hand right now........that's the problem, Kal.  Wink
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #360 on: January 04, 2017, 03:39:45 PM »

Is there any way to sort by total time online? I don't really post a lot, and I tend to delete most of my useless posts (like this one) after a few days, but I don't doubt that that 31 days, 15 hours is accurate. Can I see this number for anyone else?

You can see the general stats panel for everyone, which will list it, and there's a top 10 on the Stats Page. Otherwise, no.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #361 on: January 04, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »

You don't need the Wayback Machine.  Like I said, for a given poster, it's easy enough to figure out how many posts they made over a given time interval.  Just go to their profile page, click on the "latest posts" link, and then look at how many posts they made over the time interval in question.  Since the posts are numbered, it's simple.

The question being asked though was whether the forum software has a way of sorting who is posting at the greatest rate at any particular time.  And to that, the answer is (AFAIK) no.  All you can do is guess who the most likely suspects are, and then check their profiles accordingly.

A series of direct database queries could probably do this. Is that an option for you? If so, assuming Dave didn't make any heavy modifications to the posts/threads table, I could download SMF and put those queries together. It seems they offer downloads for legacy versions (of which this board is running afaik)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #362 on: January 04, 2017, 06:48:55 PM »

A series of direct database queries could probably do this. Is that an option for you?

No, I don't have any access to the actual architecture of the forum.  I can see IP addresses and which posts were moderated and which accounts were banned, and so forth, but that's it.  On the stuff we're talking about, I don't have any super powers that aren't available to any other poster.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #363 on: January 04, 2017, 06:53:00 PM »

I just watched a movie where a person hears a voice in his head that narrates his whole life as if he were a fictional character, casting it in the most negative light. Thanks guys for giving me a vague sense of how that must feel. Tongue
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #364 on: January 05, 2017, 07:28:47 AM »

I just watched a movie where a person hears a voice in his head that narrates his whole life as if he were a fictional character, casting it in the most negative light. Thanks guys for giving me a vague sense of how that must feel. Tongue

Stranger Than Fiction?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #365 on: January 05, 2017, 10:00:12 AM »

Stranger Than Fiction?

Yup. It was really good, actually.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #366 on: January 18, 2017, 09:38:21 AM »

Jfern passes Xahar to take 11th place:

1) BRTD 78,755
2) Al 60,917
3) Lewis 58,570
4) Phil 52,847
5) opebo 47,129
6) Kal 44,670
7) Antonio 42,661
8 ) Eraserhead 42,248
9) Tender 41,489
10) Lief 40,573

11) Jfern 39,262
12) Xahar 39,259

Jfern’s still on track to catch up to Lief and break into the top 10 some time later this year.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #367 on: January 18, 2017, 02:26:11 PM »

Amazingly the 3,4,5 posters will never be back and I probably won't be around to see anyone outside of the top 10 eclipse them.

I miss those guys.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

« Reply #368 on: January 18, 2017, 02:39:24 PM »

Off-topic, but going through the statistics page, I noticed that November 2016 saw the largest influx of new users in Atlas history, at 547 new users for the month. The 2nd biggest month was, weirdly enough, September 2010 at 504 new users. After that, the 3rd largest doesn't even come close to those two as far as I can tell. Hell, comparatively, 2008 numbers were very underwhelming given that election's intensity.

I wonder why those two months, but Sept 2010 in particular, saw such large, isolated increases. Nov in a presidential election year makes a lot more sense than Sept of a midterm.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=stats
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #369 on: January 18, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »

Off-topic, but going through the statistics page, I noticed that November 2016 saw the largest influx of new users in Atlas history, at 547 new users for the month.

Jesus
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #370 on: January 18, 2017, 03:23:08 PM »
« Edited: January 18, 2017, 03:28:48 PM by #MAGA (Make America Grumpy Again) »

Off-topic, but going through the statistics page, I noticed that November 2016 saw the largest influx of new users in Atlas history, at 547 new users for the month. The 2nd biggest month was, weirdly enough, September 2010 at 504 new users. After that, the 3rd largest doesn't even come close to those two as far as I can tell. Hell, comparatively, 2008 numbers were very underwhelming given that election's intensity.

I wonder why those two months, but Sept 2010 in particular, saw such large, isolated increases. Nov in a presidential election year makes a lot more sense than Sept of a midterm.

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=stats

Seeing if Obama would still have a Democratic Congress in his first set of mid-terms makes sense.  We'll probably see another spike pre-election 2018

The spike for this year seems painfully obvious.  Obama/McCain  Obama/Romney were milk-toast battles compared to this one.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #371 on: January 18, 2017, 03:27:11 PM »

Also, Dave required an account to browse the forum for a good week and a half this year, and a lot of lurkers with 0 posts signed up.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #372 on: January 27, 2017, 11:42:36 AM »

Grumps making it into the top 10 some time early next year is starting to look plausible again, since he made ~360 posts in the last month.  Lief is going to get bumped out of the top ten by Jfern within the next ~3 months or so, and then Eraserhead is kind of a sitting duck, since he's all but stopped posting.  So Eraserhead will drop down to 10th place fairly quickly, and then could conceivably get bumped out by someone like Grumps next year.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #373 on: January 27, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »

Grumps making it into the top 10 some time early next year is starting to look plausible again, since he made ~360 posts in the last month.  Lief is going to get bumped out of the top ten by Jfern within the next ~3 months or so, and then Eraserhead is kind of a sitting duck, since he's all but stopped posting.  So Eraserhead will drop down to 10th place fairly quickly, and then could conceivably get bumped out by someone like Grumps next year.

Wow, you know how to get a guy to stop posting, MM.  Tongue
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #374 on: January 31, 2017, 03:09:08 PM »

January 2017 will be the busiest month we've ever had on the forum that was not in a presidential election year.  And it's in the top 10 even if you include presidential election years.

In fact, 7 of the top 10 busiest months we've ever had have come in the last 12 months.  Trump is going to make Dave Leip a rich man.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies