Atlas forum leaderboard
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:39:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Atlas forum leaderboard
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 39
Author Topic: Atlas forum leaderboard  (Read 75374 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: January 31, 2017, 03:13:49 PM »

January 2017 will be the busiest month we've ever had on the forum that was not in a presidential election year.  And it's in the top 10 even if you include presidential election years.

In fact, 7 of the top 10 busiest months we've ever had have come in the last 12 months.  Trump is going to make Dave Leip a rich man.

Making Atlas Great Again.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #376 on: March 09, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »

Yesterday was the least active day on the forum since before the inauguration.  I guess Trump is no longer shocking us so much.  Or at least, not so much that we feel like we need to talk about him as much anymore.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #377 on: March 09, 2017, 09:59:45 AM »

Yesterday was the least active day on the forum since before the inauguration.  I guess Trump is no longer shocking us so much.  Or at least, not so much that we feel like we need to talk about him as much anymore.

This despite eharding's best efforts I take it. Moving right along, in a more perfect world, fewer posts with higher quality would be the norm around here. But the world ain't perfect. Who knew?
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.97, S: -5.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #378 on: March 09, 2017, 01:03:34 PM »

It seems like every presidential election since Atlas was created, the activity in the year(s) after are a decent bit more than the previous iteration. The circus that we call the 2016 presidential election does seem to have given its own special boost to activity as well. The only thing that doesn't seem to have followed a similar upward trend is the number of new registrants per month. 2008, 2012 & 2016 were only modest years for new members despite the presidential election going on, yet each time, were followed by a year(s) of booming user growth. I wonder why that is.

It's pretty interesting to look at the statistics page though. All sorts of neat trends to see. If Trump keeps things at least modestly interesting, the next 4 years might be a great time for the growth of this forum.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #379 on: March 09, 2017, 02:01:40 PM »

It seems like every presidential election since Atlas was created, the activity in the year(s) after are a decent bit more than the previous iteration. The circus that we call the 2016 presidential election does seem to have given its own special boost to activity as well. The only thing that doesn't seem to have followed a similar upward trend is the number of new registrants per month. 2008, 2012 & 2016 were only modest years for new members despite the presidential election going on, yet each time, were followed by a year(s) of booming user growth. I wonder why that is.

It's pretty interesting to look at the statistics page though. All sorts of neat trends to see. If Trump keeps things at least modestly interesting, the next 4 years might be a great time for the growth of this forum.

Where can I find said statistics page?
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #380 on: March 09, 2017, 02:05:37 PM »

Not a surprise.

I don't really care about Trump and US politics right now and focus more on the European elections this year (Holland, France and Germany) as well as posting some interesting updates for Austria (which is otherwise election-less this year).
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #381 on: March 09, 2017, 02:10:43 PM »

This despite eharding's best efforts I take it. Moving right along, in a more perfect world, fewer posts with higher quality would be the norm around here. But the world ain't perfect. Who knew?

It would be a bit better if you mods did your job and started deleting Eharding's trash.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #382 on: March 09, 2017, 02:21:48 PM »

Where can I find said statistics page?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=stats
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #383 on: March 09, 2017, 06:07:31 PM »

Interesting. I wonder why September 2010 had so many new posters, and also why # of posts doesn't seem to correlate with number of posters.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #384 on: March 09, 2017, 06:30:22 PM »

Not a surprise.

I don't really care about Trump and US politics right now and focus more on the European elections this year (Holland, France and Germany) as well as posting some interesting updates for Austria (which is otherwise election-less this year).

I would note that while things have slowed down a little since the inauguration and post-inauguration craziness, the forum is still markedly more active than is normal for March of an odd-numbered year.  Even yesterday, which as I said was the slowest day here since early January, still had ~50% more posts than the same day four years ago.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #385 on: March 10, 2017, 07:26:22 AM »

Interesting. I wonder why September 2010 had so many new posters, and also why # of posts doesn't seem to correlate with number of posters.

I'm fairly sure it was an Atheist2006 sock-spam
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #386 on: March 10, 2017, 07:28:39 AM »

I'm fairly sure it was an Atheist2006 sock-spam

Atheist2006 didn't register until 2011.
Since I'm the mad scientist proclaimed by myself
omegascarlet
Junior Chimp

« Reply #387 on: March 12, 2017, 01:46:37 AM »

The only thing that doesn't seem to have followed a similar upward trend is the number of new registrants per month. 2008, 2012 & 2016 were only modest years for new members despite the presidential election going on, yet each time, were followed by a year(s) of booming user growth. I wonder why that is.

Perhaps more people start getting interested in analysis in the time after the election? And in the same vein, perhaps midterms focus on the congressional and senate races creates a more analytical atmosphere instead of the intense excitement of the presidential race?
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #388 on: March 12, 2017, 02:06:18 AM »

I'm #152. In the 121-150 range are Duke, PBrunsel, Holmes, DC Al Fine, Gass, TDAS, Averroes, Flo, Vosem, Likely Voter, and darthebearnc. Lots of big names I have to pass there.

Only 115 posters are above 10,000 posts. TNVolunteer, realisticidealist, and ClintonianCake are probably all about to pass that.

Now I'm #140. No one who registered after me is ahead of me in post count. Only one, TNVolunteer, even registered the same year as me.

#109. Just behind Griffin. Soon, all of you will surrender!
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: March 21, 2017, 09:26:50 PM »

I just noticed the Male:Female ratio has gone up from 16.3:1 -> 16.4:1

Come on Atlas Sad

In other non-depressing news, the forum continues to have activity that is often higher or at least on par with October 2014. One area the forum does consistently better with is online users. Going by statistics, this forum has come a long way since 2013.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #390 on: March 21, 2017, 10:01:18 PM »

I'm #152. In the 121-150 range are Duke, PBrunsel, Holmes, DC Al Fine, Gass, TDAS, Averroes, Flo, Vosem, Likely Voter, and darthebearnc. Lots of big names I have to pass there.

Only 115 posters are above 10,000 posts. TNVolunteer, realisticidealist, and ClintonianCake are probably all about to pass that.

Now I'm #140. No one who registered after me is ahead of me in post count. Only one, TNVolunteer, even registered the same year as me.

#109. Just behind Griffin. Soon, all of you will surrender!

#97 for me and with ag at #95 and only 47 posts ahead, I expect to move up within a month. However, my pace isn't going to get me into the upper ranks any time soon.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2017, 06:00:46 AM »

Come on Atlas Sad
I think it's about time we enforce mandatory sex changes for all.
LLR
LongLiveRock
Junior Chimp

« Reply #392 on: March 22, 2017, 06:05:54 AM »

Come on Atlas Sad

In other non-depressing news, the forum continues to have activity that is often higher or at least on par with October 2014. One area the forum does consistently better with is online users. Going by statistics, this forum has come a long way since 2013.

I think it was 18:1 when I joined Tongue

Also holy jesus I'm going to be in the top 200 posters awful soon...
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #393 on: March 22, 2017, 01:46:14 PM »

Fun fact: Like any good WoSo fan, I know all about using archive.org to find lost stats that nobody cares about but me on the internet.  The Atlas forum stats page has been saved 86 times since 2006, so you can actually compare it all through the years if you really want to! 

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=stats
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #394 on: March 22, 2017, 01:51:28 PM »

Fun fact: Like any good WoSo fan, I know all about using archive.org to find lost stats that nobody cares about but me on the internet.  The Atlas forum stats page has been saved 86 times since 2006, so you can actually compare it all through the years if you really want to! 

http://web.archive.org/web/*/https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?action=stats

Yes, I mentioned that a few pages ago in this thread.  As I said then, you can use that to narrow down the timeframe for when BRTD took the #1 spot.  It was some time in either late 2007 or early 2008, when he surpassed Gabu to take the lead:

link

Funnily enough, Gabu left the forum forever shortly after that happened.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: March 22, 2017, 01:59:30 PM »

Dang good idea Siren/Morden! Going back to this:

I see now that on March 21st, 2015, the Male:Female ratio was an astronomical  22.1 Sad 1

So by now we've seen a near 6 point drop. Atlas has come a long way!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2017, 09:09:36 PM »

Even though the number of new posts per day is dropping off from the post-inauguration numbers, the number of new registrations on the forum remains strong.  Over 100 new registrations in March, which means we've now had three consecutive months with over 100 new registrations for the first time since 2013.  Somehow, new people are managing to find the forum.
Virginiá
Virginia
Administratrix
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #397 on: March 25, 2017, 09:25:53 PM »
« Edited: March 25, 2017, 09:29:42 PM by Virginia »

Even though the number of new posts per day is dropping off from the post-inauguration numbers, the number of new registrations on the forum remains strong.  Over 100 new registrations in March, which means we've now had three consecutive months with over 100 new registrations for the first time since 2013.  Somehow, new people are managing to find the forum.

We seem to be at least slightly coming off the Trump high in some ways:

Threads per day: Settling back down into Fall 2015 range, which is still high - higher than 2013/2014.
Posts per day: We seem set to hit about 40,000 - 42,000 posts for the month, which if it stays that way is still higher than just about any other time period for Atlas except 2016, which was very high, and 2010, where it was about even. Another way to look at it is Mar 2017 may see as many posts/threads as Nov 2008.
Users/day: This is one strong part. Atlas is still getting almost double the number of users online per day than in March 2013 (and almost every other month in '13)

I just wonder if this is a new baseline or if activity is still poised to go further down. Given how Trump is stirring certain parts of America into a constant frenzy, I feel like heightened political interest could continue. I feel like if Atlas had a more active What-If board and other subjects not dependent on the media, it would probably see more activity.

I need to stop checking these stats so much.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #398 on: March 25, 2017, 10:01:06 PM »

I wish it was possible to see your own posts-by-month trend.
Enduro
Junior Chimp

« Reply #399 on: March 25, 2017, 10:03:43 PM »

I wish it was possible to see your own posts-by-month trend.

And week by week
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 ... 39  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies