JCL/Devin for Atlasia Town Hall
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:14:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCL/Devin for Atlasia Town Hall
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: JCL/Devin for Atlasia Town Hall  (Read 3287 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 16, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »

Any questions regarding our ticket will be welcome here. Policy agenda will be coming up in the coming hours and days leading up to the election.

So ask away.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »

How does Devin feel about the fact that the good people of the Pacific clearly loathe him?
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 07:44:10 PM »

Two questions.

1. Which are your views regarding the relationship of Atlasia with the International Community?

2. What is your view on region rights and what will you do to defend them?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 07:56:56 PM »

Why did you choose Devin as VP, and why did you replace Poirot? Tongue
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 08:06:23 PM »

If you are not even able to receive your party's endorsement, how do you expect to govern effectively if elected?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2015, 08:55:37 PM »

Two questions.

1. Which are your views regarding the relationship of Atlasia with the International Community?

1. One of the most important things is our relationship with the International Community. An Atlasia that is vibrant and influential is better for the cause of international peace and goodwill. There are dangerous folks out there that seek out the destruction of Western Civilization as we know it. ISIS is a clear and present danger not only to the secular democracies but even moderate Muslims who seek to live in peace. Look at the Jordanians stepping up after one of their own gets burned alive. I'm not going to lie to the Atlasian people when I say we may have to examine hard solutions when it comes to dealing with ISIS. I will only consider such solutions with the support with the International Community or my fellow Atlasians.

2. I'm a firm supporter of strong regional rights. It's why I opposed consolidation. I felt and feel to this day that consolidation was injurious to the rights of our regions. Also I will veto any legislation that undermines those regional rights as many provisions of the Civil Rigts Act do. Social issues should be under the strict purview of the regions. As such,I  will propose a constitutional amendment removing issues involving abortion, adoption, marriage and the like from senatorial purview and make those issues exclusive to the regions.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 08:56:44 PM »

Two questions.

1. One of the most important things is our relationship with the International Community. An Atlasia that is vibrant and influential is better for the cause of international peace and goodwill. There are dangerous folks out there that seek out the destruction of Western Civilization as we know it. ISIS is a clear and present danger not only to the secular democracies but even moderate Muslims who seek to live in peace. Look at the Jordanians stepping up after one of their own gets burned alive. I'm not going to lie to the Atlasian people when I say we may have to examine hard solutions when it comes to dealing with ISIS. I will only consider such solutions with the support with the International Community or my fellow Atlasians.

2. I'm a firm supporter of strong regional rights. It's why I opposed consolidation. I felt and feel to this day that consolidation was injurious to the rights of our regions. Also I will veto any legislation that undermines those regional rights as many provisions of the Civil Rigts Act do. Social issues should be under the strict purview of the regions. As such,I  will propose a constitutional amendment removing issues involving abortion, adoption, marriage and the like from senatorial purview and make those issues exclusive to the regions.

You never answered my question Sad
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 09:09:12 PM »

I chose Devin because I wanted someone who would help me in relationships with the Atlasian center. Poirot is someone I do want as part of my team but in a different capacity. Nothing more and nothing less than that. Sometimes to build what I'm trying to build you need to resort to creative measures. Abraham Lincolin is where I draw my inspiration for this. A Team of Rivals, should they accept the challenge of raising Atlasia to grander heights.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 09:10:33 PM »

What is your stance on education policy?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2015, 09:15:05 PM »

What is your stance on education policy?

Education should be handled at the regional level. The regional governments are more capable to address their needs regarding education. As an Mideast Assemblyman I support competition between public, religious, charter, and homeschooling. However as President I would allow the regions to chart their own course.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2015, 09:38:49 PM »

Why did you skip my question? Sad
pikachu
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2015, 09:46:57 PM »

How do you plan on expanding mass transit?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »

If you are not even able to receive your party's endorsement, how do you expect to govern effectively if elected?

As a current legislator in a minority coalition I've worked with those with more backing politically on issues that we can find common ground. While on one piece of controversial legislation in my region, I've stood my ground against political opposition but on a matter involving our transportation industry I've been in full cooperation with said opposition on basis that we found an element of common ground. Making the lives of the citizens we serve better.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2015, 10:04:57 PM »

How do you plan on expanding mass transit?

I'm glad you asked that. I want you to look at what the Mideast and Northeast are potentially going to do to foster cooperation in mass transit. I encourage our regional officials to work together to improve our high speed rail systems for both public transport and the transport of goods that'll spur our economy. I hope the senate would consider working with the regional legislatures to expedite this for the economic prosperity of the people we serve. I would also consider the upgrade of certain hubs within the regions as an example.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2015, 12:34:43 AM »

How does Devin feel about the fact that the good people of the Pacific clearly loathe him?
I actually understand why they do. I made a selfish mistake by not resigning as speaker when I was unable to log on for long periods. The fact that I didn't even bother to run a campaign this time around may have factored in as well.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2015, 03:31:11 AM »

Do you have a plan for comprehensive climate change action? Would you attend the 2015 Paris Conference? What action would you take to protect Atlasia from climate change?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2015, 09:12:13 AM »

What about foreign policy agenda?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2015, 09:36:44 AM »

Yes, you've said in RL that you support formal declaration of war against ISIS. Will you seek such a declaration in Atlasia if elected? Please answer with brutal honesty.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2015, 04:11:42 PM »

Yes, you've said in RL that you support formal declaration of war against ISIS. Will you seek such a declaration in Atlasia if elected? Please answer with brutal honesty.

It's Senate's obligation to issue such. That's how the Atlasian Constituition works. Given the makeup of the senate the chances are unlikely even in a obvious case of Just War requirements being fully satisfied.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »

It's Senate's obligation to issue such. That's how the Atlasian Constituition works. Given the makeup of the senate the chances are unlikely even in a obvious case of Just War requirements being fully satisfied.

JCL,

I don't understand the purpouse of declaration of war on something that isn't a nation, isn't a sovereign state, but a terrorist organization. That sounds like de facto recognition of ISIS as a "state"".
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2015, 04:54:20 PM »

JCL,

I don't understand the purpouse of declaration of war on something that isn't a nation, isn't a sovereign state, but a terrorist organization. That sounds like de facto recognition of ISIS as a "state"".

We also have letters of mark and reprisal as an option as well. They have their own capital and infrastructure I'm open to all Constituitional options that we have.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2015, 05:33:09 PM »

JCL,

We also have letters of mark and reprisal as an option as well. They have their own capital and infrastructure I'm open to all Constituitional options that we have.

Nobody recognizes their capital and infrastructure. Their "capital" is a part of Syria, a state Atlasia recognizes.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »

JCL,

Nobody recognizes their capital and infrastructure. Their "capital" is a part of Syria, a state Atlasia recognizes.

And yet we are opposing Assad in the Syrian Civil War.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2015, 06:46:35 PM »

JCL,

And yet we are opposing Assad in the Syrian Civil War.

So? We recognize Syria as a sovereign state even if we oppose Assad.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2015, 07:14:05 PM »

JCL, what contributions did you make to the Senate? Beyond Taft-Hartley?
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies