JCL/Devin for Atlasia Town Hall
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:44:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCL/Devin for Atlasia Town Hall
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: JCL/Devin for Atlasia Town Hall  (Read 3296 times)
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 07:35:01 PM »

JCL, what contributions did you make to the Senate? Beyond Taft-Hartley?

Sadly my attempt to restore Taft-Hartley was defeated as was any of the amendments I made to the Civil Rights Act of 2014 to defend religious freedom and the pro-life cause. The closest thing I have to a success was a joint venture with Former Governor Tmth in gaining national cooperation against human trafficking.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 10:24:25 PM »

Do you intend to scrap the Ukraine Deal and Israel-Palestine Deal?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 10:51:12 PM »

Do you intend to scrap the Ukraine Deal and Israel-Palestine Deal?

I was a harsh critic of both deals for good reasons. To put it bluntly our state department, under several administrations, have hamstrung our Israeli allies and aided Palestinians and indirectly ISIS and other violent Islamist radicals. However I will work with the senate in rexaimining both treaties.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2015, 05:27:27 AM »

Any policy on climate change?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2015, 09:05:08 PM »

While I believe we should be wise stewards of the planet God has given us, I think many of the pro-environmental policies hinder the economic growth we desperately need. So there will be changes. Instead of the burden being on businesses, it's gonna be on the environmental groups to prove serious impact when it comes to something like drilling in ANWAR or legalizing fraking. We have a goldmine of oil and natural gas in the Dakotas and Alaska and we need to tap it. I also support technology that will make the gas or coal burn cleaner and still be economically viable. The carbon taxes will be repealed.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 12:31:23 PM »

Obviously we agree on almost nothing, but I still want to give you my recurring "I think it's awful that your party isn't giving your support" and "we need more people with convictions in this game" encouragement.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2015, 01:15:09 PM »

Obviously we agree on almost nothing, but I still want to give you my recurring "I think it's awful that your party isn't giving your support" and "we need more people with convictions in this game" encouragement.

Just because we don't agree on much doesn't mean we can't find common ground. You have my respect.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2015, 01:15:27 PM »

What would be your policy on homosexuals?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2015, 01:36:32 PM »

Donn u noh teh gayzz are sin???!!!1!
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2015, 01:52:48 PM »

I will maintain the status quo prior to the Civil Rights Act. Nothing more and nothing less. While I was a senator I fought against the act and if elected we will reexamine that act. There were no provisions protecting pastors speaking in their pulpits from governmental retaliation for speaking against the lifestyle as dictated in Holy Writ. As much as we should protect GLBT rights we must protect religious rights.
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2015, 02:13:02 PM »

Doesn't your complicity in TNF's assassination attempt disqualify you from office?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2015, 02:27:06 PM »

Doesn't your complicity in TNF's assassination attempt disqualify you from office?

I was not involved nor were my staffers.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2015, 04:48:04 PM »

If Satan is the prince of darkness, then who is king?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2015, 05:34:25 PM »

Regarding the attempted attack

It's good to see our law enforcement capture those attempting to disrupt our civil order. The JCL/Devin campaign encourages cooperation with our officials to maintain both our freedom and security.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2015, 12:01:05 PM »

Get Out and Vote for JCL/Devin you're team for freedom and good government and second preference Max/DallasFan to keep the presidency in the hands of the center-right.

And give support to The Federalist candidates in the Midwest, Yankee in the South, Spiral in the Mideast, Cynic in the Northeast and the most conservative of the Pacific candidates.

We also endorse Poirot for governor of the Northeast.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2015, 12:52:25 PM »

Get Out and Vote for JCL/Devin you're team for freedom and good government and second preference Max/DallasFan to keep the presidency in the hands of the center-right.

Yeah, JCL, like you ever had anything to do with the "center-"...
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 01:04:40 PM »

Have you ever heard of former Atlasian player who the left drove away and my mentor Tmth? He was of the center and I delivered the right to his aid to become president. I have centrist views as well Kal. Sad thing is all you folks on the left want to look at is the two opinions I favor social conservatives. There is much more to me and my political views than just those two policy views.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2015, 01:19:42 PM »

Have you ever heard of former Atlasian player who the left drove away and my mentor Tmth? He was of the center and I delivered the right to his aid to become president. I have centrist views as well Kal. Sad thing is all you folks on the left want to look at is the two opinions I favor social conservatives. There is much more to me and my political views than just those two policy views.

Sure, man, you're strikingly moderate.

Nice bit of sarcasm.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 01:24:11 PM »

Having one or two isolated "more moderate" positions doesn't make one moderate, or even "right-of-centre". Your overall fundamentalist zeal places you solidly on the right, not a "far right" by Atlasian standards perhaps, not certainly not a "centre-right". A brief look at your cringeworthy posting history confirms it beyond any reasonable doubts.

As of Tmthforu (who, by the way, was my forum friend for most of our time together before you even registered), he wasn't driven away by some vast left-wing conspiracy (oh yeah, conspiracy theories is such a "moderate" approach too...). Al made one of his usual, colorful threads and the people enjoyed the joke. Poor Isaac took it surprisingly seriously and left, which was unfortunate.

And yes, he was a centre-right, but I wasn't referring to some of your past and present political friends, but to you.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2015, 01:33:21 PM »

Let's bash JCL. How very brave!
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »

While I have nothing in common politically with you, I'd like to say that you're doing a great service by providing Atlasian conservatives with a principled alternative in the presidential race.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2015, 01:54:48 PM »

Sorry, my friend, but no Atlasian politician is immune for criticism, even sharp-worded one (something I don' do often, by the way, not having Adam Griffin's temperament). I reject such a notion as utterly ridiculous and hypocritical.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2015, 02:05:19 PM »

Having one or two isolated "more moderate" positions doesn't make one moderate, or even "right-of-centre". Your overall fundamentalist zeal places you solidly on the right, not a "far right" by Atlasian standards perhaps, not certainly not a "centre-right". A brief look at your cringeworthy posting history confirms it beyond any reasonable doubts.

As of Tmthforu (who, by the way, was my forum friend for most of our time together before you even registered), he wasn't driven away by some vast left-wing conspiracy (oh yeah, conspiracy theories is such a "moderate" approach too...). Al made one of his usual, colorful threads and the people enjoyed the joke. Poor Isaac took it surprisingly seriously and left, which was unfortunate.

And yes, he was a centre-right, but I wasn't referring to some of your past and present political friends, but to you.

I've made an concerted effort to reach out to the center and even to the left on issues where I felt common ground could be reached. Who led the fight for laws fighting sex slavery in this game? Not TNF or another radical leftist. Myself, Tmth, and Scott a rightist, center-rightist, and a center-left Atlasian did together. If you've paid attention Kal I've ran a campaign focused on three things. Regional Rights, Common sense domestic solutions, and an active foreign policy.

As per the foreign policy issue,

I hate war and senseless destruction. ISIS is killing and pillaging Christian and Muslims indiscriminately and several world leaders are looking to Atlasia to stand up and lead in an international coalition to put them down. I'd rather not send our boys and girls over to fight but we might have to.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2015, 03:47:11 PM »
« Edited: February 20, 2015, 03:50:24 PM by Game Moderator Kalwejt »

I've made an concerted effort to reach out to the center and even to the left on issues where I felt common ground could be reached. Who led the fight for laws fighting sex slavery in this game? Not TNF or another radical leftist. Myself, Tmth, and Scott a rightist, center-rightist, and a center-left Atlasian did together. If you've paid attention Kal I've ran a campaign focused on three things. Regional Rights, Common sense domestic solutions, and an active foreign policy.

As per the foreign policy issue,

I hate war and senseless destruction. ISIS is killing and pillaging Christian and Muslims indiscriminately and several world leaders are looking to Atlasia to stand up and lead in an international coalition to put them down. I'd rather not send our boys and girls over to fight but we might have to.

Nice dodging Smiley

Thing such as opposing sexual slavery or opposing the ISIS murderous bastards are hardly divisive political issues: in fact, it's hardly a political issue at all. No one would call opposing sexual slavery a "left wing" or "right wing" position. It's not even an exclusively "moderate" position, it's largely transending political lines.

Btw, JCL, I somewhat admire your consistency, but I just can't agree with a notion that you're a "centre-right" by any reasonable standard.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2015, 09:58:04 AM »

From the Chicago office of JCL

Hope you're weekend is going well fellow Atlasians. It's JCL here and I'm just saying

GET YOUR VOTE ON LIKE I'M ABOUT TO GET MY AUDITION FOR THE VOICE

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies