Opinion of Lars Vilks
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:55:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Lars Vilks
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 12

Author Topic: Opinion of Lars Vilks  (Read 361 times)
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 17, 2015, 10:51:27 AM »

In light of recent events.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Vilks

ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 03:17:47 PM »

I'm not entirely sure, but I write FF. Vilks doesn't seem from what I haver read (and I haven't researched him or anything) to be racist or islamophobe. He just seem to be a guy who have bought into the art world's propaganda about itself and have followed it to its logical conclusion.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 05:22:13 AM »

I'm not entirely sure, but I write FF. Vilks doesn't seem from what I haver read (and I haven't researched him or anything) to be racist or islamophobe. He just seem to be a guy who have bought into the art world's propaganda about itself and have followed it to its logical conclusion.

What sort of propaganda?
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 10:29:15 AM »

What sort of propaganda?

The belief that true art should provoke. That's the narrative the art world run with. Lars Vilks also seem to have adopted this view, and but he decide that he would provoke the art world, rather than some strawman which symbolise the "establishment" in the mind of artists. He attacked the hypocrisy in the art world by making a artwork which should provoke them and showing them to be hypocrites. Sadly for him it provoked a slightly different group.

Of course any one with a brain know that the most important important fact when you provoke someone, it should be someone who's:
a) a acceptable target.
b) won't react violently

He made a mistake on that point.

BTW Rushy had a interesting interview with him a few weeks ago.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies