Maxwell/Dallasfan65 for President - Concession Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:11:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Maxwell/Dallasfan65 for President - Concession Speech
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Maxwell/Dallasfan65 for President - Concession Speech  (Read 2782 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 08:07:24 PM »

Statement from the candidate
I will not go to Officer Green's funeral, and I encourage other politicos to do the same. We should politicize his tragic death.

Hopefully you meant to say, "should not"?

Yes, sorry, I had a rough night and have not been very careful.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2015, 12:02:49 AM »
« Edited: February 23, 2015, 12:04:33 AM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

Well we didn’t quite make it.

Despite the margin of this election, and despite all of the negativity I was feeling both within Atlasia and out in this weekend, I feel we ran a great campaign in such a short amount of time, full of ideas for the future and a platform. I have a list of thank yous and congratulations in order -

Congratulations to bore, a man who has risen to top the because of being an accomplished Atlasian legislator who will make a great President because of that.

Congratulations to Bacon King, a senior in the job and someone who is a bright spot on the forum, I hope he gives us yet another great term as Vice President.

Congratulations to everyone who won tonight, even the ones I clashed with very notably. Everyone one of you is able and ready to lead.

Thank you to Dallasfan, a great running mate and an even better friend, who agreed to join me in this quick campaign despite such short notice.

Thank you to all of my supporters of all ideologies, who saw my campaign and my record and thought of me as a leader of this great nation. I appreciate the efforts you’ve made to go to the ballot box and show your support.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2015, 12:17:44 AM »

While I didn't vote for you, you built an exemplary campaign in a short amount of time and had everyone on the left chewing their fingernails to the very end and deserve to be lauded for it. Good luck in your future endeavors.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2015, 12:24:15 AM »

You guys had a great run, despite all the challenges such as a great entry. A good campaign was exactly what Atlasia needed at this troublent time Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2015, 12:27:25 AM »

You two are among the most conscientious public servants in Atlasia, and I'm glad to consider you friends. This was a principled, courageous campaign, and I hope we'll being more of both of you soon.
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 01:00:53 AM »

OK. As evinced by the returns, bore has won a mandate.

This was a relatively brief campaign, but regardless, I would like to thank Maxwell for giving me the opportunity to reprise my role as Vice Presidential nominee one last time. Despite this loss, I think there is great potential ahead of you, and I consider you a great friend. In our short time running, we managed to bring forth some substantive ideas and hopefully will be able to influence the national discourse.

All of that being said, bore ran an active campaign and was thoroughly engaged with concerned citizens. I won't try to argue the point that Atlasia lost out tonight, because bore has the potential to be a great President, as evidenced by his tenure in the Senate. Bacon King indisputably has the experience to execute the duties of Vice President, so I suspect that there will be no issues on that front.

Cheers.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2015, 08:27:22 AM »

You guys had a great run, despite all the challenges such as a great entry. A good campaign was exactly what Atlasia needed at this troublent time Smiley
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2015, 10:57:17 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies