Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:53:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!)  (Read 2975 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 07:16:03 AM »

That's my man! Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 07:45:06 AM »

This isn't his actual thread, merely a fan thread.

Four more months! Four more months!
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 05:43:33 PM »

Great job, WJ!! You go, buddy. Wink
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2015, 06:36:12 PM »

Congrats on your completely unsurprising victory, windjammer! Cheesy
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »

this is not windjammer's thread.

The fact an incumbent Senator won by this much and did no campaigning beyond private messaging is beyond depressing. And I say that about anybody who conducted similar campaigns.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2015, 07:44:19 PM »

The fact an incumbent Senator won by this much and did no campaigning beyond private messaging is beyond depressing. And I say that about anybody who conducted similar campaigns.

While I would obviously have preferred to see a more active campaign (that's one of the reasons I started this thread), I don't think Windjammer deserves all the blame. Keep in mind that Spiral hasn't been heard from since January, either, apart from his PM attacks on Windjammer's character.
The question we should be asking here is not "how could someone win an election without campaigning?", but "why was there no campaigning in the first place?"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2015, 07:48:48 PM »

While I would obviously have preferred to see a more active campaign (that's one of the reasons I started this thread), I don't think Windjammer deserves all the blame. Keep in mind that Spiral hasn't been heard from since January, either, apart from his PM attacks on Windjammer's character.
The question we should be asking here is not "how could someone win an election without campaigning?", but "why was there no campaigning in the first place?"

I agree with that, though at least Spiral was answering questions in his thread.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2015, 07:49:39 PM »

I agree with that, though at least Spiral was answering questions in his thread.
I did too.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »

Here is my campaign thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=205947.0
I answered to every question people asked me.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »

within a month of the election then?
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2015, 08:15:10 PM »

The fact that more people asked Spiral questions than asked Windjammer questions means that they were less sure of the former's positions, nothing more. This is not surprising, considering Windjammer is the incumbent and thus more people would be familiar with how he would operate as a Senator.

Also, it's not like Windjammer wasn't doing anything in Atlasia during this time--he was doing his job as a member of the Senate.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2015, 08:16:26 PM »

There was no question maybe?

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 03:17:35 AM »

Yes, with a few notable exceptions this has been a particularly awful election cycle when it comes to candidate activity. Unfortunately, that's only logical - elections are decided by zombies, not by those who actually pay attention. That's why it's a lot more effective to send out dozens of specifically tailored PMs. You still need the vote of this libertarian-leaning zombie? No problem, tell him you voted for a few drug liberalization bills and don't say you're a hawk. The economically left-wing independent may be a swing voter too? Emphasize your pro-union views and exaggerate a little. Probably no one's going to do a fact-check because it's a PM!

Almost everyone does that but some simply have more time and skills. At any rate, it's bad for the game when private campaigns almost completely replace public campaigns.
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:33 AM »

Yes, with a few notable exceptions this has been a particularly awful election cycle when it comes to candidate activity. Unfortunately, that's only logical - elections are decided by zombies, not by those who actually pay attention. That's why it's a lot more effective to send out dozens of specifically tailored PMs. You still need the vote of this libertarian-leaning zombie? No problem, tell him you voted for a few drug liberalization bills and don't say you're a hawk. The economically left-wing independent may be a swing voter too? Emphasize your pro-union views and exaggerate a little. Probably no one's going to do a fact-check because it's a PM!

Almost everyone does that but some simply have more time and skills. At any rate, it's bad for the game when private campaigns almost completely replace public campaigns.

I'm not directing this to specific people, but I agree with Mr ZuWo here.

There should be more to campaigning that just spamming people with PMs. We all do that, but there should be more of a public face.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2015, 06:00:22 AM »

Just to make it clear, my previous post is not solely directed at Windjammer. While it's true that the candidates in the Mideast haven't been very visible in public, the same can be said about several other races. The IDS Senate race strikes me as another prominent example, though to be fair at least Yankee has tried quite a few things during the last days. Also, the NE Senate race didn't turn out to be exciting but it's good to see the candidate with the best activity record is on track to win. Finally, I haven't been thrilled by the effort the incoming vice president has put into his campaign, either.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2015, 10:27:36 AM »

"Waaaah I wanted windjammer to lose"*

*Also not specifically directed at any one person
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2015, 11:18:24 AM »

Pretty transparent effort here to rain on someone's parade, lol.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies