Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:16:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vote Windjammer for Mideast Senate! (Victoire!)  (Read 3011 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: February 17, 2015, 09:49:11 PM »

I'd like windjammer to speak on his own behalf on what he'd do with a second term.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 10:45:35 PM »

I'd like windjammer to speak on his own behalf on what he'd do with a second term.

From an interview I did with Windjammer:
HST: Assuming you are reelected, what will your first priority be for your second term?
W: Some of the bills I introduced during my first term haven’t been debated yet and I guess they will be debated during the next session.

(Here, the Senator went on the quote from the "Tips and Gratuities Preservation Act" he authored, which would prevent employers from counting tips as part of their employees' salaries.)

W: The Midwest, the Northeast and the South passed a similar bill last year. But unfortunately, no such bill passed the Pacific, and it was rejected in the Mideast.
I believe this is important that employees are protected from this potential situation. Indeed, if someone gives them Tips or gratuities, it means they believe this employee made a wonderful job and they wanted to reward him. If they wanted to to reward the employer, they would have given tips directly. Every employee deserves to keep his tips.

The other piece of legislation I have introduced and that hasn’t been debated yet:

(The Senator quoted a piece of legislation that would allow workers to refuse to work on Sundays for religious reasons.)

W: My biggest senate work if I’m reelected will likely be writing an important bill for workers having disabilities (l’m not sure if this is the good term, so some examples: someone who is blind for example). Atlasia doesn’t have specific legislations for helping these people to find a job. And this is sad because they really need that (for obvious reasons!).
The other big issue will be obviously game reform. I’m working with Senator Cris on giving duties for the VP for example. I believe senate districts are a good idea and need to be debated.  I will consider as well to run for Speaker if I’m reelected.

A month ago.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 07:29:00 PM »

this is not windjammer's thread.

The fact an incumbent Senator won by this much and did no campaigning beyond private messaging is beyond depressing. And I say that about anybody who conducted similar campaigns.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 07:48:48 PM »

this is not windjammer's thread.

The fact an incumbent Senator won by this much and did no campaigning beyond private messaging is beyond depressing. And I say that about anybody who conducted similar campaigns.

While I would obviously have preferred to see a more active campaign (that's one of the reasons I started this thread), I don't think Windjammer deserves all the blame. Keep in mind that Spiral hasn't been heard from since January, either, apart from his PM attacks on Windjammer's character.
The question we should be asking here is not "how could someone win an election without campaigning?", but "why was there no campaigning in the first place?"

I agree with that, though at least Spiral was answering questions in his thread.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:22 PM »

within a month of the election then?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies