CBS national poll on who voters would "consider voting for"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:21:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  CBS national poll on who voters would "consider voting for"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: CBS national poll on who voters would "consider voting for"  (Read 2799 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2015, 06:15:20 AM »

CBS national poll on who members of each party would consider voting for:

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 04:17:34 PM »

A couple takeaways from this...

1) LMFAO at Hillary having the lowest "no" response despite also having the highest name recognition. #DemshateHillary #2008redux #itshappening #inevitablein2008too #anythingcanhappeninpolitics #webbmentum

2) Christie is very overrated. Those numbers are godawful. Biden's are also fairly terrible.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 04:19:05 PM »

Looks like Rand's mission to reform the GOP electorate has eaten him alive.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 03:23:01 PM »

*bump*

They redid this poll for March:

IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2015, 03:37:00 PM »

LOL at Hillary improving 2 points after #muhemailgate!
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 03:38:32 PM »

No love for the Gentleman from South Carolina?
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 03:41:16 PM »

Warren, Sanders, O'Malley, and Webb are still largely unknown to the electorate. Once they jump in and work hard to increase name recognition and attack Hillary, their standing in the polls may increase by a lot.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 03:44:11 PM »

Warren isn't running and I really doubt Sanders will "catch on fire" and I doubt he actually want to be president. O'Malley and Webb may have path to the nomination, but Democrats would have to be idiots to nominate then. Webb may have stomped his way into my heart in his son's combat boots back in 2006, but he doesn't seem viable in a general against someone like Scott Walker or Jeb Bush.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2015, 03:51:41 PM »

Warren, Sanders, O'Malley, and Webb are still largely unknown to the electorate. Once they jump in and work hard to increase name recognition and attack Hillary, their standing in the polls may increase by a lot.

Well duh. But increasing your standing a lot isn't going to help very much when you start from a base of trailing by 60 points.

Also, ONCE Warren jumps in? Really?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2015, 03:55:47 PM »

Pretty much. He has the second highest "no" percentage despite having the 5th lowest "yes" percentage and 4th highest recognition. He is the only person to have a negative number besides Christie, who is a joke at this point.

Also shocked at Biden's numbers.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2015, 03:57:19 PM »

Very happy to see that the Democratic field could be a contested primary.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2015, 03:59:56 PM »

Pretty much. He has the second highest "no" percentage despite having the 5th lowest "yes" percentage and 4th highest recognition. He is the only person to have a negative number besides Christie, who is a joke at this point.

Check the updated numbers! I have no idea what could've happened in the last month to get a net change of 17, but I am quite ecstatic. Walker still obviously has the widest appeal, but Paul looks to be in good shape if you consider NH+NV putting him towards the front of the pack and hopefully becoming more appealing.

Paul seems to poll quite inconsistently. I wonder if that could be the youth vote factor? But this is just between two polls of the same outlet. In national polls, it seems he goes from 13% in 2nd place to 4% in 9th place in a week and then he gets a decent performance again.

I don't know what to expect, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2015, 04:01:14 PM »

Well duh. But increasing your standing a lot isn't going to help very much when you start from a base of trailing by 60 points.

This draft Warren effort is so devoted to not giving up on her that Warren might actually chance her mind. This poll shows that among those that know Warren, they're willing to give her an honest look, what's to say the other half of the electorate doesn't feel the same way?

In the end, yes, it's hard to make up the deficit that exists between Warren and Clinton. But whether the chances are 10%, 5%, or 1%, no reason for Warren to at least give it a try. She's not up for reelection and it's not like her seat would ever be competitive anyways.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2015, 04:14:51 PM »

Check the updated numbers! I have no idea what could've happened in the last month to get a net change of 17, but I am quite ecstatic. Walker still obviously has the widest appeal, but Paul looks to be in good shape if you consider NH+NV putting him towards the front of the pack and hopefully becoming more appealing.

Paul seems to poll quite inconsistently. I wonder if that could be the youth vote factor? But this is just between two polls of the same outlet. In national polls, it seems he goes from 13% in 2nd place to 4% in 9th place in a week and then he gets a decent performance again.

I don't know what to expect, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Oh gosh, I didn't even check the date on this, whoops. Not sure what Paul did to improve his numbers, but he looks at least okay now.
The Free North
CTRattlesnake
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2015, 04:17:49 PM »

Hillary appears to be stronger than ever

Nice rebound for Paul as well
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 04:24:29 PM »

This draft Warren effort is so devoted to not giving up on her that Warren might actually chance her mind. This poll shows that among those that know Warren, they're willing to give her an honest look, what's to say the other half of the electorate doesn't feel the same way?

In the end, yes, it's hard to make up the deficit that exists between Warren and Clinton. But whether the chances are 10%, 5%, or 1%, no reason for Warren to at least give it a try. She's not up for reelection and it's not like her seat would ever be competitive anyways.

Many draft movements that were similarly devoted did not accomplish their goal (ex: Palin 2012, Gore 2008.) Ultimately it's going to come down to that candidate's choice, and Warren has not shown even a scintilla of interest.

I was actually referring more to the other candidates. I've always thought Warren would have a shot if she ran (though less of one now than she would've had if she laid the groundwork post midterms like a regular candidate.) As for what she has to lose, I've read many articles that she's far more focused on building her profile in the Senate and increasing her stature/power there, and a loss could harm that goal. How much of that is genuine insight and how much is pundits bloviating about something they know nothing about, I'm not sure.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 04:24:48 PM »

It does appear that this month's winners are Biden (by far), Paul, and O'Malley.  
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 04:27:08 PM »

It does appear that this month's winners are Biden (by far), Paul, and O'Malley.  

And Hillary, considering emailgate was supposed to badly damage her chances.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 04:28:09 PM »

Not really. Very few people outside of Fox, their viewers, and Hillary hacks have said that.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 04:35:05 PM »

Not really. Very few people outside of Fox, their viewers, and Hillary hacks have said that.

Has Fox actually said that? I thought only Daily Kos, the NY Times and Politico had.
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 04:39:28 PM »

How can anybody be surprised that the emails are having no effect after the Bush years? The public has submitted to the principle of corruption in government.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 05:06:27 PM »

Are you kidding? Did you completely ignore the news the first 3 weeks of March?

Mark Halperin: Emailgate will cause Biden to run
Mark Halperin: Hillary is no longer the frontrunner
Ignatius: Emailgate may cause Hillary not to run
WaPo: Due to emailgate, Democrats yearn for Hillary alternative
Guardian: Democrats clamor for Hillary alternative after emailgate revelations
Politico: What if emailgate causes Hillary not to run?
CNN: Hillary's stumbles (emailgate) fuel critics
NPR: 3 reasons Democrats are freaking out about Hillary Clinton

https://twitter.com/MarkHalperin/status/580713766393913344
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/03/08/mark_halperin_i_dont_think_hillary_is_the_front-runner_anymore-comments.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/03/17/ignatius_on_hillary_clinton_im_not_certain_shes_going_to_be_a_candidate-comments.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/amid-clinton-controversies-democrats-yearn-for-an-alternative/2015/03/04/f782ec4e-c279-11e4-9271-610273846239_story.html
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/06/democrats-primary-challenge-hillary-clinton
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/what-if-hillary-clinton-drops-out-115715.html#.VRh0sOFwsSk
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/election-2016-hillary-clinton-critics/
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2015/03/09/391921419/3-reasons-democrats-are-freaking-out-about-hillary-clinton

And this isn't even getting into the blog comments and Atlas Forum comments...

And that's just a small sampling. Google News it (Hillary Clinton + emails + last month timeframe) if you really want more.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 06:02:27 PM »

Are you kidding? Did you completely ignore the news the first 3 weeks of March?

Mark Halperin: Emailgate will cause Biden to run
Mark Halperin: Hillary is no longer the frontrunner
Ignatius: Emailgate may cause Hillary not to run
WaPo: Due to emailgate, Democrats yearn for Hillary alternative
Guardian: Democrats clamor for Hillary alternative after emailgate revelations
Politico: What if emailgate causes Hillary not to run?
CNN: Hillary's stumbles (emailgate) fuel critics
NPR: 3 reasons Democrats are freaking out about Hillary Clinton

https://twitter.com/MarkHalperin/status/580713766393913344
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/03/08/mark_halperin_i_dont_think_hillary_is_the_front-runner_anymore-comments.html
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/03/17/ignatius_on_hillary_clinton_im_not_certain_shes_going_to_be_a_candidate-comments.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/amid-clinton-controversies-democrats-yearn-for-an-alternative/2015/03/04/f782ec4e-c279-11e4-9271-610273846239_story.html
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/06/democrats-primary-challenge-hillary-clinton
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/03/what-if-hillary-clinton-drops-out-115715.html#.VRh0sOFwsSk
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/04/politics/election-2016-hillary-clinton-critics/
http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolitics/2015/03/09/391921419/3-reasons-democrats-are-freaking-out-about-hillary-clinton

And this isn't even getting into the blog comments and Atlas Forum comments...

And that's just a small sampling. Google News it (Hillary Clinton + emails + last month timeframe) if you really want more.

I guess I was wrong, but the gloating about "emailgate" on both sides are equally irritating.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 06:04:32 PM »

The email thing's clearly a ticking time bomb. After the campaign gets underway I imagine it will actually be far more damaging than Benghazi was.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 06:06:26 PM »

No one is going to be talking about the email thing a month from now. It has no legs to stand on, especially when it raises all sorts of uncomfortable questions about certain GOP candidates' emails, say, I don't know, Jeb Bush.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies