Which of the 7 Trumpets, as written in the Book of Revelation, is YOUR favorite?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:46:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which of the 7 Trumpets, as written in the Book of Revelation, is YOUR favorite?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Favorite Trumpet?
First Trumpet

Second Trumpet

Third Trumpet

Fourth Trumpet

Fifth Trumpet

Sixth Trumpet

Seventh Trumpet

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Which of the 7 Trumpets, as written in the Book of Revelation, is YOUR favorite?  (Read 1389 times)
Panda Express

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 19, 2015, 07:01:57 PM »

First Trumpet - Hail and fire, mixed with blood, falls on Earth, destroying 1/3 of all grass and trees on Earth. This is also known as World War I

Second Trumpet - A giant burning mountain plunges into the sea killing 1/3 of all ships and sea life. This is also known as World War II

Third Trumpet - A big star from space, called Wormwood falls to Earth and poisons all the world's freshwater. This is also known as the Chernobyl Explosion

Fourth Trumpet - The sun, moon and stars become dark. There is complete darkness worldwide for a third of the day. This is also known as the Fall of the Berlin Wall.

Fifth Trumpet - This one is a doozy. A star falls to Earth and causes a bottomless pit to appear. From this bottomless pit, a massive swarm of locusts come out with scorpion tails, lions teeth and ladies hair. These locusts had gold armor and stung all sinners, causing torment for five months. They were commanded by a demon named Abaddon. This is also known as the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait.

Sixth Trumpet - Four angels come forth from their prison in the river Euphrates. They command an army of 200 million mounted horseman whose horses breath plague, fire and brimstone. These horses had a lion's head and a tail that is a snake. The plague and death they cause kill 1/3 of the remaining population on Earth. This is known as World War III which will be the War against ISIS.

Seventh Trumpet - A big booming voice speaks to the population of Earth like an intercom and proclaims Jesus Christ as ultimate ruler forever and ever. Thanks is given to God, the Almighty and praise for the wrath that came, the dead who were judged, and the bond-servants rewarded. The holy temple in Heaven is then revealed and the Ark of the Covenant is revealed. Then, after this, a bunch of lightning rains down upon Earth and a giant Earthquake appears. This will happen in the next 6-9 years.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 07:31:14 PM »

Yeah, I still don't get the Berliin Wall. Why is there a relatively good thing in the middle of all these awful things signaling an awful thing. Because it fits the narrative?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:35:15 PM »

The 4th trumpet that miraculously transformed from "idk" to "a positive event".
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 08:17:10 PM »

None (Amillenialist)
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 09:09:47 PM »

Fifth Trumpet (although I like DC Al Fine am an amillennialist). It's a shame the coolest trumpet gets the most pathetic historical event.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 10:06:52 PM »

As far as I remember from my own religious upbringing, I thought the Trumpets weren't supposed to happen until the actual end started? Like, you'd have the Rapture or whatever and then God would wreck havoc on the earth or whatnot.
Panda Express

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 10:17:27 PM »

As far as I remember from my own religious upbringing, I thought the Trumpets weren't supposed to happen until the actual end started? Like, you'd have the Rapture or whatever and then God would wreck havoc on the earth or whatnot.

Yeah, but there are differing schools of thought about the rapture. Generally, yes, there is supposed to be the rapture and then the world gets havoc wrought upon it (Left Behind) but some people think it can occur during (like in the Seth Rogen movie This Is The End) or some people think it will occur at the end of the judgments.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 11:00:22 PM »

Fourth Trumpet sounds emo and therefore cool as hell, but I went with Seventh Trumpet because Sounding The Seventh Trumpet is Avenged Sevenfold's best album.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »

That's one position, and probably the most common amongst conservative evangelicals. Bushie's position about "interpreting" Revelation and assigning these Trumpets to historical events is common more amongst televangelist types and hucksters who many othe conservative evangelicals warn about. And of course it doesn't fit with a literal interpretation of the Bible...at all. The amillenialist view (of DC, Madeline and me) is generally that the book is written about the Roman Empire and is mostly an allegory about persecution of Christians at the time, Nero is the Antichrist, and that it's kind of a revenge fantasy or simply a prediction of the fall of the Roman Empire loaded with allegories and metaphors.

However the Fifth Trumpet is by far the coolest in description, even if the event Bushie and that huckster he follows assigns to it is relatively bland and boring.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 12:12:25 AM »

It will happen in an ever faster sequence of events ending in the singularity where robot God tahes us in his bosom.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 12:15:10 AM »

We need a "which trumpet are you?" quiz.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »

We need a "which trumpet are you?" quiz.

The Onion author who lurks here needs to get this on Clickhole.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 04:47:43 AM »

I feel like I could come up with better events for the trumpets than these.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies