Which of the 7 Trumpets, as written in the Book of Revelation, is YOUR favorite? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:01:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which of the 7 Trumpets, as written in the Book of Revelation, is YOUR favorite? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Favorite Trumpet?
First Trumpet

Second Trumpet

Third Trumpet

Fourth Trumpet

Fifth Trumpet

Sixth Trumpet

Seventh Trumpet

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 20

Author Topic: Which of the 7 Trumpets, as written in the Book of Revelation, is YOUR favorite?  (Read 1438 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: February 19, 2015, 11:27:09 PM »

As far as I remember from my own religious upbringing, I thought the Trumpets weren't supposed to happen until the actual end started? Like, you'd have the Rapture or whatever and then God would wreck havoc on the earth or whatnot.

That's one position, and probably the most common amongst conservative evangelicals. Bushie's position about "interpreting" Revelation and assigning these Trumpets to historical events is common more amongst televangelist types and hucksters who many othe conservative evangelicals warn about. And of course it doesn't fit with a literal interpretation of the Bible...at all. The amillenialist view (of DC, Madeline and me) is generally that the book is written about the Roman Empire and is mostly an allegory about persecution of Christians at the time, Nero is the Antichrist, and that it's kind of a revenge fantasy or simply a prediction of the fall of the Roman Empire loaded with allegories and metaphors.

However the Fifth Trumpet is by far the coolest in description, even if the event Bushie and that huckster he follows assigns to it is relatively bland and boring.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 12:17:57 AM »

We need a "which trumpet are you?" quiz.

The Onion author who lurks here needs to get this on Clickhole.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies