Ask Yankee Anything Townhall
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:20:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ask Yankee Anything Townhall
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ask Yankee Anything Townhall  (Read 299 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 18, 2015, 09:17:19 AM »

Savannah, Georgia

Don't worry, those speeches are still coming. In meantime you can chew on this for a while. Wink

I am now taking questions.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:54:45 AM »

Are you still a Federalist? Do you like Tacos? What will be your main focus if elected Senator? And if you are not elected? Have you considered being Governor?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 06:31:37 PM »

Are you still a Federalist? Do you like Tacos? What will be your main focus if elected Senator? And if you are not elected? Have you considered being Governor?

Yes, I think so.

I enjoy a good taco every couple of weeks.

My main focus will be as I stated in my announcement to focus attention on some lingering issues. We need to get a long term policy for the minimum wage for instance and we need to address some other economic policies that could be better designed or more thoroughly developed upon. We need to encourage regions to take advantage of the opportunities before them on healthcare by allowing competition in their regions as allotted by the bill we passed last yea. Lastly, I would like to see some attention paid to reform, preferably one that empowers regions and that starts first with lobbying efforts on the healthcare bill where Federal Law essentially gives them the critical choice between an ANHC monopoly or a market with a competing public option in the form of ANHC. There are other areas where this same approach can restore interest in the regions. There are some reforms that the Federal Gov't can pursue of course, we are currently debating an Amendment to restore the districting, which I am very skeptical about primarily because of the districting itself.

I feel good about my chances right now based on the support I am receiving, which is more then double what the polling is registering.  My plan was to take a break after this next term, so if that time table is moved up then I would likely do the same now as I would in four months. As for Governor, I did consider running before then Senator PiT approached me with the crazy idea of running for the Senate. Legislating is easier in some ways as then governing in an executive capacity and I am not sure that I would be able to adjust so easily after so long in an legislative capacity.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies