57% now support sending U.S. ground troops to fight ISIS (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:41:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  57% now support sending U.S. ground troops to fight ISIS (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 57% now support sending U.S. ground troops to fight ISIS  (Read 6989 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: February 20, 2015, 03:15:21 PM »

So now ground wars in Iraq are considered good again? Is this why warmonger Rice polled the best for US Senate in California? Make the stupid stop.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 10:45:55 PM »

Bill O'Reilly called for a "holy war". The ISIS recruitment posters will just write themselves.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 02:52:50 AM »

Oh the insanity.

Fighting ISIS on the ground will not make them go away. ISIS will simply return to being the  guerrilla insurgency it was before last year. Meanwhile the lone wolf terrorism in the West will continue unabated.  What it will do is drive more civilians in these areas into the arms of ISIS, like it did the first time. ISIS wants another 'crusade', don't give it to them.

The US has to support the local government's efforts, not get anymore involved themselves.

I remember in 2006 when Israel invaded Lebanon in an effort to wipe out Hezbollah. It was an unmitigated failure; while they dominated militarily, Hezbollah survived and rebuilt almost immediately. I guess 57% don't remember that.

They also seem to have forgotten that the Iraq war took a country that even the Bush administration's State Department admitted that Al Qaeda wasn't active in, and managed to get a group worse than Al Qaeda in power. Everyone who supported that war should be begging for forgiveness.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 01:00:36 AM »

I would support a fairly short term effort, but another 10 year ordeal should be out of the question.

“It is unknowable how long that conflict [the war in Iraq] will last. It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months.” - Donald Rumsfeld Feb. 7 2003
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 12:44:31 AM »

I wonder what percent of U.S. citizens would support nuking Mecca.

I wonder what percent of US citizens could find Mecca on a globe.

The second percentage is probably lower.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies