Cuomo refuses to condemn Giuliani's Obama comments
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:31:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Cuomo refuses to condemn Giuliani's Obama comments
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cuomo refuses to condemn Giuliani's Obama comments  (Read 2294 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 20, 2015, 12:58:45 PM »

I guess we can safely conclude that like Lieberman he has given up any presidential ambitions and just takes every chance to piss off his fellow(; ) Democrats.

http://observer.com/2015/02/cuomo-refuses-to-condemn-giuliani-over-attacks-on-obamas-patriotism/

Gov. Andrew Cuomo declined to join Democrats in condemning Rudolph Giuliani for saying repeatedly that he doesn’t think President Obama loves America.

Mr. Cuomo, speaking with reporters in Brooklyn today, took a far more measured approach to Mr. Giuliani, the Republican former mayor, than current Mayor Bill de Blasio, who called Mr. Giuliani’s comments “pitiful.”

“I know he’s taking a significant amount of criticism on it. I would like to hear, I haven’t heard the former mayor’s comments on what the context of the statements were,” Mr. Cuomo, a Democrat, said. “Obviously, President Obama loves the country and nobody should be attacking someone’s basic love of the country.”

“But I haven’t heard the mayor’s comments on what the context was and I know all too well that sometimes you say something and it comes out in a certain way you didn’t mean. So I just haven’t heard his explanation,” he added.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »

inb4 rage
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2015, 03:20:53 PM »

Moderate hero to the core.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 03:24:23 PM »

I can't even muster outrage over this; it's just too expected.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 03:52:39 PM »

Didn't Cuomo not attend the DNC in 2012? I bet he was expecting Dems to lose, then he could sweep in for 2016 with his heroic centrist credentials. So much for that, LOL.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 03:52:57 PM »

In before someone faints from having the vapours.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »

His quotes sound like a sufficient defense of Obama to me.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 04:40:38 PM »

This guy will never be President, and I look forward to his falling into complete irrelevancy after 2018.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 02:31:37 AM »

Didn't Cuomo not attend the DNC in 2012?

He did attend, but only for one day.  He showed up to give a speech for the New York delegation, and then left.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 04:38:26 PM »

The left hates him, the right hates him, how did he win in 2014?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 06:04:30 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks a lot of Atlas forum outrage over Cuomo is manufactured?I think people are just trying to find reasons to hate him, to the point where they attack him over making an average comment. I really don't get it. I realize Atlas forum has its spastic outbursts over little things that nobody else cares about, but it just doesn't make much sense.

No!

He's a terrible governor, a mediocre scion of a political family and he's an empty suit who is only in it for the power. 

That's ultimately what I like in a politician, someone who wants to make a positive difference for their state or their country.  A commitment to serve the public above everything else.  And, then, I want someone who a logical approach to policy, with the goals of the public interest in mind.  Not even someone who has exactly the same ideology as me, someone who is willing to listen to the experts and do what makes sense for the public interest.   

You get that from flawed people like Bill Clinton and Elliot Spitzer.  You never get that from Andrew Cuomo.  When has Andrew Cuomo ever enthusiastically talked policy like it was something he cared about and not an annoyance?  I hate that.  And, it shows.  He doesn't seem to go at any legislative session looking about how he can make New York better, he just wants the easiest political solution for him. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 07:13:59 PM »

The left hates him, the right hates him, how did he win in 2014?

Well, it's not like he steamrolled his no-name/no-money opponent.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 08:52:08 PM »

I can't even muster outrage over this; it's just too expected.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 09:30:18 PM »

This guy will never be President, and I look forward to his falling into complete irrelevancy after 2018.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 09:43:28 PM »

He will be re-elected just like daddy. Take that to the bank. I don't think we're doing better than Zephyr Sad

When your state's model politician for limiting their own terms is FDR, that's when you know...
moderatevoter
ModerateVAVoter

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2015, 09:45:11 PM »

Recall, Giuliani did not endorse Astorino in 2014. Several of his closest confidantes supported Cuomo. Considering Cuomo's past, very little would surprise me here.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 06:04:45 AM »

He will be re-elected just like daddy. Take that to the bank. I don't think we're doing better than Zephyr Sad

When your state's model politician for limiting their own terms is FDR, that's when you know...

Those recent scandals will probably leave a mark, and we're barely two months into this term, so there is time for things to get worse. It wouldn't be too hard for a Democrat to mount a serious primary challenge by 2018 if he even tries to run again.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 07:11:17 PM »

Correct answer. Cuomo believes in NY guliani's support is more important than Obama's.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2015, 05:35:43 PM »

Cuomo still sucks.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2015, 06:11:57 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks a lot of Atlas forum outrage over Cuomo is manufactured?I think people are just trying to find reasons to hate him, to the point where they attack him over making an average comment. I really don't get it. I realize Atlas forum has its spastic outbursts over little things that nobody else cares about, but it just doesn't make much sense.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2015, 06:15:17 PM »

I've always thought it was a running gag on here. Some of the people he's "lost" to in the "Cuomo vs..." series has made it clear its a joke.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies