Opinion of Iggy Azalea (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:12:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Opinion of Iggy Azalea (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 85

Author Topic: Opinion of Iggy Azalea  (Read 11188 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: February 21, 2015, 02:58:48 PM »

the worst rapper in the world. If you picked every bad trait in hip hop right now, whether it's mass imitation, lack of substance, obsession with legacy, the word "classic", being on T.I.'s Label, and mash them together, you basically get Iggy Azalea. There is not a single line of her writing that is remarkable, quotable, or worthy of a thought in anyway. Sickening that she's selling records at the rate she's doing it while great rappers are stuck on the mixtape circuit or being pushed around by labels because people want to hear her spew her NOTHINGNESS.

Say what you will about the syrup drenched assnugget Macklemore, but at least he tries to rap his own way.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:19:42 PM »

Oh, and by the way, I really don't care about "racial appropriation" or all that nonsense. I care about good rapping. I put Travis Scott and A$AP Ferg in the same category of being absolutely abominable.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2015, 12:45:53 AM »

People dislike her because it's the popular thing to do.

"Fancy" was one of my favorite songs in 2014.

False. I thought she was an imitator when she dropped that Kendrick imitation song.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 01:34:47 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2015, 01:40:20 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

Might as well include Adele, Sam Smith, Amy Whitehouse, and any number of british theives if we're going on "black voices". I don't really have a problem with them being categorized similarly, considering they are all isolated nostalgists whose popularity is deeply disturbing for the possibility of new and inventive music, but the whole cultural appropriation starts to get pretty big.

It all goes back to Elvis...
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 09:13:45 PM »
« Edited: February 25, 2015, 03:02:55 PM by Speaker of the South Maxwell »

The last thing I will say is there is a difference between being influenced by someone and hijacking them wholesale. Azalea, by in large, has been in the latter category, which is an increasingly disturbing trend in hip hop music where "biting", or wholesale theft, was originally a cause of outright laughter at the person doing so.

But in this area, Travis Scott (Another product of Kanye's unfortunate poor taste in rap) and The Game (the most boring rapper in history who has never met a modern rap cliche he didn't like) are way worse and get none of the same sh**t, so let's leave it there.

Which leads to the shameful thing about hip hop "journalism" - they aren't treated as artists with talent, they aren't looked at is if music is three dimensional. They are looked at by "beefs", and music is broken down into this two dimensional "beats" and "lyrics". Never asked about process of music, never asked about influences, they aren't treated as serious unless it's Kanye where he imposes seriousness upon his music whether or not it's actually serious. It's so infuriating to me.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 04:16:50 PM »

Musically she's fine. Her beats are good. The production is good. She raps fine.

I have no idea why people say she can't rap. I guess they're trying to take a cop out position, they don't want to talk about cultural appropriation so instead they throw their hands up and say "she just sucks cus she can't rap!"

What exactly is bad about her rap? She says lots of words fast and rhythmically and she does it on most of her tracks. She's not like a lot of rappers who only rap a single verse and it's very slow, or only show up on the chorus, which is usually barely rapping.

Her rapping is objectively not good.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies