Maduro Confirms Arrest of Caracas Mayor for Coup Plotting
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:33:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Maduro Confirms Arrest of Caracas Mayor for Coup Plotting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Maduro Confirms Arrest of Caracas Mayor for Coup Plotting  (Read 3044 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 11:12:03 AM »

People like Vosem are the reason Chavez came to power and was repeatedly reelected and succeeded by Maduro.

Exactly.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 11:45:12 AM »

People like Vosem are the reason Chavez came to power and was repeatedly reelected and succeeded by Maduro.
And thank for people like Vosem, because they'll use their resources and talents to overthrow people like Chavez and Maduro Wink.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 12:23:19 PM »

And thank for people like Vosem, because they'll use their resources and talents to overthrow people like Chavez and Maduro Wink.

...and Castro, BTW how's that going?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 01:03:59 PM »

Exactly.

Alas, but true.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 01:04:56 PM »

You mean, they have resources and talents?
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2015, 04:00:54 PM »

The sad thing is, my friends, I don't know if people like myself still have resources in Venezuela. We had better hope so.
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2015, 04:41:05 PM »

The sad thing is, my friends, I don't know if people like myself still have resources in Venezuela. We had better hope so.

As a commited opponent of the "Bolivarian" regime, I sincerely hope people like yourself do not exist in Venezuela Smiley
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »

Good. We killed him in 1962. The current Castro is a reptilian of course!
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2015, 05:56:11 PM »

A American supported coup in Latin America have as much support from the general public as Russian ones in the Eastern Europe. So congratulation if Obama followed your suggestion, we could look forward to a decade with Maduro.

If the coup plotters restore democracy after the coup (probably the best possible result), I highly doubt the Venezuelan people will cut off their nose to spite their face by voting for Maduro.

There is nobody within the Venezuelan system who would be capable of pulling off a coup, as such, against Maduro; thus, any attempt at doing so would be crushed, and probably provide Maduro a decade's worth of propaganda fodder.

There are many in Venezuelan system who could do a coup against Maduro. My prime suspect would be Diosdado Cabello. The only problem is, both he and anybody else who could do this, would not at all help either the opposition or democracy.

Should've said 'against Bolivarianism'.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2015, 06:03:46 PM »

Good. We killed him in 1962. The current Castro is a reptilian of course!

Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies