Walker on if Obama loves America: "I don't really know"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:27:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Walker on if Obama loves America: "I don't really know"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Walker on if Obama loves America: "I don't really know"  (Read 4421 times)
retromike22
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:20:49 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/21/scott-walker-obama-love-america_n_6726960.html

Asked whether he agreed with Giuliani's contention that President Barack Obama doesn't love America, a remark made at a private dinner for Walker in New York, the governor said, "I don't really know what his opinions are on that one way or another."

“I assume most people in this country love America," he told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel in an interview in Washington, D.C.

Just keep talking Scott!
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 07:23:01 PM »

Walker doesn't want to end up in crazy country you see. Since he is a viable candidate and all...
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 07:25:59 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2015, 07:41:23 PM by boshembechle »

He said he hasn't talked with Obama personally, so he doesn't know for sure. What's wrong with that answer?

There are many, many politicians who have very different spiritual views than what they say.
Knives
solopop
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 08:28:36 PM »

He said he hasn't talked with Obama personally, so he doesn't know for sure. What's wrong with that answer?

There are many, many politicians who have very different spiritual views than what they say.

You don't become President unless you love America, it's a simple as that. What they should say I he shows love in ways we are not used to.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 09:02:53 PM »

From a poster on politicalwire.com
"I've never asked Governor Walker, so I don't really know what his opinion is about torturing cute baby animals for sexual gratification.... about rescinding the declaration of independence and returning the US to British sovereignty.... about requiring all parents to turn their children over to religious cults at the age of 4.... about appointing Vladimir Putin as his Secretary of State.... about the reinstitution of slavery.... about bringing the Inquisition to the United States.... about outlawing the game of basketball.... about painting the White House hot pink and selling it to Donald Trump.... about abolishing elections and making Scott Walker dictator for life...:about dropping a nuclear bomb on Omaha....

I mean, I've never asked Scott Walker about any of those things, so I really don't know what his opinions are one way or another.....
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »
« Edited: February 21, 2015, 09:39:35 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Oh no.

Please don't tell me the Republicans are fielding another batch of wing nut candidates again, a la Santorum.

The only heavyweight, viable candidate they had last time was Romney.

Anyone who questions a President's love for America is walking on thin ice and comes across to the general public as short sighted and shallow.

For Walker to say "I don't really know" to this question is entirely unacceptable.

He should have stayed in college and graduated.  

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 09:25:21 PM »

From a poster on politicalwire.com
"I've never asked Governor Walker, so I don't really know what his opinion is about torturing cute baby animals for sexual gratification.... about rescinding the declaration of independence and returning the US to British sovereignty.... about requiring all parents to turn their children over to religious cults at the age of 4.... about appointing Vladimir Putin as his Secretary of State.... about the reinstitution of slavery.... about bringing the Inquisition to the United States.... about outlawing the game of basketball.... about painting the White House hot pink and selling it to Donald Trump.... about abolishing elections and making Scott Walker dictator for life...:about dropping a nuclear bomb on Omaha....

I mean, I've never asked Scott Walker about any of those things, so I really don't know what his opinions are one way or another.....

That's ridiculous. He can't appoint Putin as his SoS, he isn't a US citizen.
OldDominion
Rookie
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:43:07 PM »

From his non-answer on evolution to this, it's really not a far stretch. Bonus fundie points for him at CPAC tho because you know Obama really is a Marxist Kenya Muslim and he didn't want to go out on a limb but had to say "something."

Hillary's going to mop the floor...
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2015, 12:31:02 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2015, 01:26:07 AM by Likely Voter »

Walker seems to have a 'punting' problem. Bush, Rubio, Paul and Graham have all come out and said something to the effect of they "don't question Obama's motives just his policies." What is so hard about that?

He wouldnt talk about evolution, he wouldn't take a position on if the president loves america, he won't say if he supports ground troops against ISIS, he wont say what he would do with the undocumented (except 'no amnesty').  He can't keep dodging questions like this

EDIT: Walker is also unsure if Obama is a Christian
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/walker-says-he-is-unaware-whether-obama-is-a-christian/2015/02/21/6fde0bd0-ba17-11e4-bc30-a4e75503948a_story.html

Expect Walker to also not be able to weigh in on if Obama is straight, black, a father, good at basketball, or even a homo sapien
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 01:57:49 AM »
« Edited: February 22, 2015, 05:17:50 PM by Mr. Illini »

Since I haven't personally spoken with Scott Walker, I am unsure if he is a Christian or loves America.
Stockdale for Veep

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2015, 02:10:22 AM »

I want this clown to win the nomination just so he can lose WI by 2. But then I realize how dumb the electorate is; and that we would be a poor economic quarter away from President Sharkeyes.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2015, 10:16:20 AM »

Since I haven't personally spoken with Scott Walker, I am unsure if he is a Christian.

I'd actually say that about every politician.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 10:28:06 AM »

Since I haven't personally spoken with Scott Walker, I am unsure if he is a Christian.

I'd actually say that about every politician.

Given that it's more or less a requirement for a successful national politician in the US to be a Christian or Jew there are bound to be a lot of Christians in name only (CHINOs) among them.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2015, 10:55:31 AM »

Walker said such questions from reporters are reflective of a broader problem in the nation’s political-media culture, which he described as fixated on issues that are not relevant to most Americans.

“To me, this is a classic example of why people hate Washington and, increasingly, they dislike the press,” he said. “The things they care about don’t even remotely come close to what you’re asking about.”
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2015, 05:20:06 PM »

Oh no.

Please don't tell me the Republicans are fielding another batch of wing nut candidates again, a la Santorum.

Oh, judging by what we've seen so far, the 2016 crop of wingnuttery is going to make 2012 look positively tame. Candidates like Huckabee are going to be like viruses: hijacking the Republican primary process to boost their book sales and Fox News careers. And while doing that, they'll pull the whole rest of the field towards raving wingnut territory. Naked Capitalism has been calling the Republican primary candidates "the clown car" and they're absolutely right. I'm sure the Dems will be laughing all the way to election day.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »

Walker seems to have a 'punting' problem. Bush, Rubio, Paul and Graham have all come out and said something to the effect of they "don't question Obama's motives just his policies." What is so hard about that?

He wouldnt talk about evolution, he wouldn't take a position on if the president loves america, he won't say if he supports ground troops against ISIS, he wont say what he would do with the undocumented (except 'no amnesty').  He can't keep dodging questions like this

EDIT: Walker is also unsure if Obama is a Christian
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/walker-says-he-is-unaware-whether-obama-is-a-christian/2015/02/21/6fde0bd0-ba17-11e4-bc30-a4e75503948a_story.html

Expect Walker to also not be able to weigh in on if Obama is straight, black, a father, good at basketball, or even a homo sapien

Walker needs to step up his game very rapidly. Otherwise he's going to be out as "not ready for a national campaign" before the formal campaign starts.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 05:35:52 PM »

Yeah, Walker is clearly turning into the "doesn't answer questions" guy. And that will only encourage journalists to ask him more questions, which he will dodge, feeding the narrative further. It doesn't help that he looks like a dumb-dumb:

Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 05:39:49 PM »

THE WALKER CAMPAIGN SO FAR

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 05:42:30 PM »

It was a stupid question set up to make him look bad, much like the evolution question. Its not that big of a deal. What he should have said imo was "Yes, I think Obama loves this country, but the question is totally inappropriate" or something like that. He (and others) shouldn't be afraid to call out phony questions.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 05:47:44 PM »

Walker's commentary on media asking irrelevant questions is fine, but this was the wrong question to take that stance. When they ask him if he's ever lusted in his heart or smoked weed or how many books does he read a year, then he can go on a crusade.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 06:20:28 PM »

I want this clown to win the nomination just so he can lose WI by 2. But then I realize how dumb the electorate is; and that we would be a poor economic quarter away from President Sharkeyes.

Your party's nominee for President was just elected by this "dumb" electorate twice.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2015, 12:09:24 AM »

It seems Walker isn't handling the spotlight very well. This question is a complete softball for a presidential contender and he flubbed it.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2015, 12:24:51 AM »

All of you probably know how I feel about dearest Scotty, but honestly, this isn't that relevant. If he gives inane answers to questions about policies, then we'll have something to talk about. Whether or not Obama loves America is a stupid question to begin with. Move along, folks.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2015, 12:32:24 AM »

Like Sarah Palin, he should just stick with being governor. 
Brewer
BrewerPaul

Political Matrix
E: -6.90, S: -6.17

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2015, 12:40:58 AM »

All of you probably know how I feel about dearest Scotty, but honestly, this isn't that relevant. If he gives inane answers to questions about policies, then we'll have something to talk about. Whether or not Obama loves America is a stupid question to begin with. Move along, folks.

It's certainly a stupid question. It's basic, it's simpleminded, and it's comically easy to answer, and that's why Walker's inability to do so is yet another red flag that he is hardly prepared to be a presidential candidate.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies