BIOPOLITICS with FOUCAULF - Future Plans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:49:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  BIOPOLITICS with FOUCAULF - Future Plans
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: BIOPOLITICS with FOUCAULF - Future Plans  (Read 4618 times)
GAworth
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2015, 07:58:14 PM »

Also the budget is not the same. I looked at the old budget and the changes made since then and built this new budget.
Examples: Income Tax maximum was 13%, now the proposal is 15% with changes in categories.
Sales Tax has risen to 5%
Corporate Tax has changed categories and tax rate.
Last budget had $35/mil Property tax, then the MW passed a law raising it to $40, so I left it at $40.
I lowered the Estate Tax, accidentally lol
And I raised the Payroll tax to match the new law change.

So I am not sure what budgets you are comparing but they are not the same.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2015, 11:57:36 AM »

Foucaulf
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2015, 08:12:50 PM »

STRONG LEADERSHIP

Citizens, Atlasians,

I'm here in Tulsa to talk about leadership. Well, no, that's a bit misleading; I want to remind you of what real leadership looks like after a failure to lead from the Midwest government.

Real leaders do not seize money from others so they can live without constraints. Real leaders take responsibility when they need to. Real leaders are out and about, active, always willing to work and learn from others.

BushiLebron Fitzgerald is not that kind of leader. His term has been a disaster for our region, even as the Midwest went through one of the most turbulent times in our region's history. The federal government fell into crisis; the regional government faces a budgetary shortfall; state's rights are in constant violation by a strongman Senate. What does Lebron do? He fiddles while his region burns.

His policies have been laughable. There was the time when he supported granting amnesty for aliens - real, extraterrestrial aliens. There was the month where his big policy announcement was choosing the regional mascot to be a squirrel. There was his opposition to abortion choice, his creationism and his hyperinflationary wages policy. Even a manipulative populist would be more sensitive to public opinion than him. He is simply not fit for office!

He has supported the Midwest government's extortionary fiscal policies. He has indulged in a bit of extortion himself, intimidating Midwesterners into supporting his hold on power. This is not the kind of leader the Midwest needs; I doubt that even New York or Chicago will take him!

It's time the Midwest said no to Lebron Fitzgerald's cronyism. He has benefitted a parasitic class in lieu of benefitting real Midwesterners. Mark my words: I will defend the Midwestern people as an independent, forceful governor. This means taking on the Althing if they propose bad policy. This means allowing the people to vote on policy they truly support. This means I will run a no-nonsense government, a true defender of liberty and the rule of law.

Read my lips: I will staunchly support the right to choose, evolutionism and low inflation. And, if a single penny of state money is spent on squirrel costumes rather than aid for common Midwesterners, heads are going to roll.
Foucaulf
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2015, 12:28:20 AM »

PRESS CONFERENCE IN RESPONSE TO LEBRON FITZGERALD'S VERDICT

Talk Show host Foucaulf appears, holding a copy of Windjammer's concluding statement.

So this is my reply to the Midwest Governor and his attempts to subvert the judicial process.

He spits on the statement. There is some laughter. He leaves.

The Foucaulf campaign's next speech,
Strong Economy, is scheduled for Tuesday.

Foucaulf
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2015, 07:41:06 PM »

STRONG ECONOMY

Millions of dead jobs are strewn across our great region. If institutions could be charged with crimes, the Althing would get millenia in prison for murder. If you don't believe me, you haven't paid enough attention to the job-killing legislation coming from our Midwestern government.

This is not a recent thing. Before people like Lebron Fitzgerald (heh), the Althing had a range of appalling, badly written legislation that kills jobs.

There is the Midwest Biofuels Act, which bizarrely mandates Midwestern cars to use only biofuel, and not even the biofuel blend that is used by practically all oil companies. The Midwest does not produce enough biofuel - corn is in Iowa, and sugar is from the Southeast! Instead of taking use of our rich fuel resources, the Althing wants to legislate it out of production.

There is the Midwestern Cooperative Act, one of the greatest shams in Atlasian history. Do you know what type of companies would fit all the criteria in there? Hedge funds. So we're seeing a situation where bankers resettle to the Midwest, gain free money from our government and profit off of real Midwesterners' work.

There is the Midwest Child Allowance Bill, which pays people $100 to have children, on top of eight months of parental leave! At this rate, the most profitable economic activity in our region is to pop babies and pills.

There is the Midwestern Contract Procurement Reform Bill, which literally puts racial quotas on government activity, quarantining "Afro-Atlasians" (is this supposed to mean Atlasians with Afros?), the "Intersex," and a single woman. This bill is straight-up unconstitutional.

And there is the recent budget, still with confiscatory regional taxes (up to 10%), straight-up confiscatory sin taxes, and completely made-up resource royalties. And, when I criticized the lawmakers, one responded to me by pointing out the new budget raised taxes even more! Now you see why I don't even want to respond to this.

Let's have a governor with a real plan. Here is my Seven-Point Plan to save our economy:
  • Give power back to local government. Return property tax administration from the Midwest government to lower units.
  • Kill the Gun Tax, and lower all sin taxes to 5%.
  • End the Estate Tax, and lower the corporation tax to a flat 4% rate.
  • End "pro-labour" bills that are really loopholes for the rich.
  • Allow free auctions for government projects, if not directly privatizing services.
  • Cancel all subsidies and white elephant projects that have seen rollout delays.
  • Freeze public employee wages and slash costs in the health service.

Of course, I have to note that I now have a Labour challenger. Unless you have a clear response to my plan, Gass, I'm not interested in your attempts to discredit me.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2015, 01:00:45 AM »

Foucaulf
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2015, 09:06:18 PM »

If the Labour machine has realized it can no longer take Midwesterners for granted, then a debate is all I ask for.
Foucaulf
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2015, 01:15:02 AM »

Election day 1. Gubernatorial candidate Foucaulf comes out of his rather dirty truck.

How do you respond to current projects that you are set to lose in a landslide defeat?

Well, I think this is premature. We've got a half of the vote. Now, remember, here is the thing about the Midwest. A third of the vote or more is cast early and is won overwhelmingly by Labour.

I don't know what the outcome is going to be, but you should be careful about calling things when we have like 6 votes separating the two candidates and a half of the vote yet to count.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2015, 06:46:00 AM »

Your analisis of the Midwest Biofuel Act is just wrong...
Foucaulf
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2015, 08:30:48 PM »

SPEECH ON THE GOVERNOR'S RACE

Citizens, Atlasians! I stand before you today with pride for my fellow Midwesterners, not to mention supporters in other regions. A month ago, I launched a campaign to take our region back from the Labour cabal, the cabal who ran a racket of a government for years on end. They have reveled in their incompetence and cliquishness. They have introduced harebrained legislation. I entered this race with the expectation of an entire region on my shoulders.

We fought the tightest race in Midwestern regional history. We fought in the highest turnout race in Midwestern regional history - over 82%! This was the tightest race in Midwestern history, period, since the tie between Lumine and TNF in 2013.

But, looking at the rolls of those who have yet to vote, the chances of victory for me is close to zero. With a heavy heart, I am conceding the race. And I'm sorry.

I have tried to gain the support of Midwesterners from all political affiliations, Labour included. At times I was successful, and at times I wasn't. But, with the burden of appeasement lifted from my shoulders, I can finally honestly address those who have gotten our region into the mess it has now.

To Arturo Belano, who probably can't get out of bed every morning if the Labour Politburo did not command him to do so;

To TNF, the Midwest's original carpetbagger, whose respect for our region amounts to using it as a rotten borough for his radical communist agenda;

To Windjammer, our modern Beria, an enabler of Midwestern Labour since early 2014, as incompetent a legal defender as he is a brilliant puppeteer;

To GAWorth, who fashions himself as an independent insider, but can never shake his total ignorance of economics;

And to Lebron Fitzgerald, the worst Midwestern Governor in recent memory, whose reign of ignorance, intimidation and illegality even alienated the Labour Politburo from him, deservedly banned from political activity in the near future.

I will wish Governor Gass well in his endeavours, mostly because up to this point he has done nothing of note. But take heed - look at the people in your party who have ruined our region. Are these the people you want to be surrounded with? I have brought to you a competitive campaign, talent from regions far away, and a substantial policy debate. I have brought to you civil society. It is your choice to ignore it, or to reach out to real Midwesterners and change our region for the better.

Let me say, however, that our movement does not end today. We will claim the Althing next month, and we will claim the Governorship and Senate seat next June. The only difference is that I may not lead the charge next time. For now, I will dedicate myself to building a new movement out of the ashes of the Federalist Party. It will be an authentic defender of regional rights in the Atlasian West, and through it we Midwesterners will stand united against foreign tyranny of all sorts.

Let us chant, from Des Moines to Denver, if not even further: For Order, for Western Atlasia.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2015, 08:46:09 PM »

Well just one word: BRAVO

I never read a campaign headquarter so entertaining Cheesy.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2015, 09:09:00 PM »

I have tried to gain the support of Midwesterners from all political affiliations, Labour included.

Maybe you should have tried to reach out to Labor instead?

What a disgusting series of personal attacks.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2015, 10:12:37 PM »

Congratulations on such a great campaign. It was cool to work with and for you. So sad news you're living the party. Good luck in your future endeavours.
Foucaulf
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2015, 12:03:43 AM »

Maybe you should have tried to reach out to Labor instead?
I'm not surprised that the plotter behind the Atlasian subjugation of Canada would forbid cultural quirks I inherited in a past life.

You must be logged in to read this quote.
But only because you struck first.

With that said, expect an announcement from me on Wednesday evening with details of my next project.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2015, 12:42:43 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
But only because you struck first.

The difference being of course that I attacked people running for office, whereas you personally attacked voters who didn't vote the way you wished.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2015, 09:29:08 AM »

Long live the radical communist agenda!

Foucaulf
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2015, 06:13:43 PM »

Citizens, Atlasians,

Returning for the time being to my talk show career, I feel compelled to speak about the recent terrorist attacks on elected officeholders. I, without any doubt, condemn these acts committed by the bloody radicals they are. It is even more shocking, following recent developments, that these terrorists are purportedly located in Idaho and Montana - the frontiers of the Midwest.

I call on both federal forces and the Midwestern government to join forces and track down the terrorist cell, eradicating its members if necessary. Whatever I have said about politicians opposed to my policies, we must unite to ensure Order in Atlasia. Out of concern that my broadcasts have empowered them, I am signing off the air until this situation is resolved.

For Order, for Western Atlasia.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies