Ground Troops
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:49:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Ground Troops
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you support sending ground troops to fight ISIS?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 74

Author Topic: Ground Troops  (Read 2632 times)
Incipimus iterum
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »

Yes, if we get Allies involved, and if we have a clear exit strategy if either of those options aren't chosen or available, do more air strikes.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2015, 11:52:09 AM »

Yes, if we get Allies involved, and if we have a clear exit strategy if either of those options aren't chosen or available, do more air strikes.

When has the US ever had a clear exit strategy in a war?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2015, 12:03:31 AM »

@Indy:

Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2015, 12:18:54 AM »

Yes. Reducing Launching our military presence in the region was a mistake in the first place.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2015, 01:59:11 AM »

I would let a million Iraqi and Syrian women and children be raped, tortured and burned alive before I consented to a single drop of American blood being shed there.

Whether this is a necessary or just war is beside the point.

America cannot fight a necessary, just war today because America chose to fight an unnecessary, unjust war twelve years ago. I lay that at the feet of the failed foreign policy of George W. Bush and those elements of the Republican Party that still believe in neoconservative nonsense.

The 57% who support such a thing can go over there and take a stab at it themselves, as far as I'm concerned.

And if I have to listen to that senile old fart John McCain whine anymore about how we need to help his neo-Nazi fascist friends in Ukraine take over the country, I'm going to vomit.

The first part is extremely cynical in light of what is happening and the second is an outright lie. The Ukrainian government is not fascist or neo-Nazi.

Real people are getting killed, raped and mutilated. I understand your point, but why do you have to be such an asshole about this?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 05:16:07 PM »

There's a lot of awful content in those few sentences but most baffling at all is the insistence that "America cannot fight a necessary, just war today because America chose to fight an unnecessary, unjust war twelve years ago." How does that follow?
Because the ends won't justify the means. We will still stir up hatred among Muslims and lose men while doing so. The cause may be justified, but their is no way in which we can go about doing it without only further stirring the pot.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 05:21:23 PM »

I would let a million Iraqi and Syrian women and children be raped, tortured and burned alive before I consented to a single drop of American blood being shed there.

Don't worry man, I'm an American and I would volunteer a drop of my blood in that case. :/
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 10:15:46 PM »

While defeating ISIS is a worthy cause, the United States has its issues in the Middle East. Also, the American public have no stomach for causalities. I'd hate to see allied forces get screwed by an American withdrawal. With that in mind, I think it would be most prudent to treat this as a regional conflict and let regional players commit most of the ground forces.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 10:44:05 PM »

Of course not.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies