Nevermore shall we hear the plaintive call of 'Reluctant Nay' (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:53:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Nevermore shall we hear the plaintive call of 'Reluctant Nay' (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nevermore shall we hear the plaintive call of 'Reluctant Nay'  (Read 3911 times)
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« on: February 24, 2015, 10:18:47 PM »

Is this about Yankee? If so, you are a terrible person.

I would not say so. As conservatives, we needed someone, at that critical juncture, to stand up for the basic principles of free enterprise, the market economy, and pure fiscal sanity. For him to have signalled "reluctance" in opposing the ludicrous piece of legislation that was the Fuel and Power Act was tantamount to saying that his support of those principles was equally ambivalent.

I have have long had great respect for Yankee and his service, and I thank him for it, but the fact is that it had simply become too milquetoast, both in the Senate and as leader of the Federalists, who now are, and I don't think anyone would deny this, interminably moribund. Regardless, I doubt we will see anyone who will come close to his political longevity- and he managed to survive Operation Cottonfield, mind you- any time soon, if ever. I wish him the best.

I wonder who the longest-tenured current officeholder is now. Yankee held that distinction by a huge margin. Before him it was Dibble, and before Dibble it was opebo.

I think it's Homelycooking followed by Bgwah.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies