Would you rather watch Fly Me To The Moon or Fifty Shades of Grey?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:44:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Would you rather watch Fly Me To The Moon or Fifty Shades of Grey?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Would you rather watch Fly Me To The Moon or Fifty Shades of Grey?
Fly Me To The Moon

Fifty Shades of Grey

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 19

Author Topic: Would you rather watch Fly Me To The Moon or Fifty Shades of Grey?  (Read 670 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 24, 2015, 11:03:02 AM »

I'm sure both would be extremely painful.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 11:26:23 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2015, 11:28:43 AM by HockeyDude »

Probably Fly Me To The Moon.  Seems like a harmless kiddy film.  The problem with that whole saga is that four grown adults had planned to go see it AS PART OF A DOUBLE DATE!  Could you imagine the four of them in there surrounded by all the moms and their little kids?  It's just friggin creepy.

It reminds me of a story I might have brought up before.  When I was in New Orleans in the Spring of 2009, we would work on houses during the day but were free to do as we please at night as long as we were up at 6 the next morning and ready.  I went with Rutgers University so it was open to everybody but the trip was sponsored by a Christian organization.  We get done the day's work and the lot of us college students meet up, none of whom have been to N.O., are obviously excited to get out there and see the town.  This is in the middle of Spring Break, no less.  We gather our group and are ready to head out, when one of the nice, wholesome Christian girls that came with us runs up and asks how we plan to spend our evening.  We tell her about hitting up Bourbon St. and the French Quarter and I [Inks] you not, this is the girl's response;

"Oh no!  Don't do that!  We're putting together a checkers tournament!"  

We are 21-24 year olds in New Orleans on Spring Break, and after a hard day's work you want to sit in a cafeteria and playing ******* CHECKERS!?  All of these people remind me so much of the stereotypical movie character (think Steve Carell in The 40 Year Old Virgin) that is so afraid to go out and do anything beyond their comfort zone until his/her friends just force them to live a little.  And in Bushie's instance it's even worse because they are in the middle of a date, by definition a very adult activity.  That's nice and all that they wound up seeing Journey To The Center Of The Earth, but they still settled on some infantile PG animated nonsense that would be appropriate for a 1st grader.  

Yea, it's all harmless and they are just trying to be wholesome and avoid the mucky muck of the world... bull-[Inks]ing-[Inks].  These sheltered lameasses are the same ones that wind up opposing gay marriage and protest adult book stores and blow up the FCC hotline whenever something hurts their delicate little feelings and do everything in their power to ruin anything fun for everybody else because they have no idea what the hell "fun" is.

[/rant]
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 11:30:14 AM »

Fifty Shades, hands down. I'm planning on seeing it when it hits Netflix.

If I'm going to watch a movie made for kids, it has to be a good one like Big Hero 6 or The Lego Movie. But those may have a Satanic influence, IDK.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »

Option 1 (normal)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 12:09:13 PM »

Well, both.

"Fly Me To The Moon" with my small nephew or nieces.

"Fifty Shades of Grey" with a hot girl that I would bang after that movie, roughly according to the movie plot.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2015, 01:47:39 PM »

Well, both.

"Fly Me To The Moon" with my small nephew or nieces.

"Fifty Shades of Grey" with a hot girl that I would bang after that movie, roughly according to the movie plot.

Please refer yourself to the Atlas Ministry Decency Crimes self-reporting thread, Tender.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 02:00:28 PM »

The animation for Fly Me to the Moon looks so bad I wouldn't even show it to a small child.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 02:04:16 PM »
« Edited: February 24, 2015, 02:06:00 PM by I left my heart in the back of the cab »

And before someone points out its age remember it came out the same year as WALL-E.

Wasn't that still in theaters at the time too? Even if Bushie wanted to go to a kiddie movie there was still the option of one of the best ones ever made.

And the most amusing thing is that the humans in WALL-E are basically an entire society living a Bushie lifestyle.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2015, 02:05:28 PM »

And before someone points out its age remember it came out the same year as WALL-E.

Wasn't that still in theaters at the time too? Even if Bushie wanted to go to a kiddie movie there was still the option of one of the best ones ever made.

I'm pretty sure Wall-E would have been banned in Oklahoma for subversive messages and anti-fat content.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2015, 02:07:07 PM »

Ha I just kind of touched on that in my edit.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2015, 02:07:51 PM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2008/07/03/video-is-wall-e-green-propaganda/

Cause Wall-E is about dang libruhls tellin'us to not be lazy n' eat veg-oh-tables n' junk

EDIT: And Lief beats me to it.  You bastard. 
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2015, 04:03:09 PM »

Fly Me to the Moon I could drink through.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies