Sorry, But Clinton’s Inevitability Is Not a Problem (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:44:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Sorry, But Clinton’s Inevitability Is Not a Problem (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sorry, But Clinton’s Inevitability Is Not a Problem  (Read 3382 times)
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« on: February 26, 2015, 02:51:52 AM »

Oh she might be inevitable for the nomination, nobody said otherwise; but nobody seriously thinks that she's gonna have an easy time of it during the general; she has a record to explain & what about "donorgate"? Then what about Bill? He's still there! Hope for Hillary's sake there are no more "bimbo" eruptions or any other eruptions for that matter;  he might not be the candidate,  but old bubba is still a major figure in public life and if it's about Bill, then all her oxygen gets sucked out and his activities become an albatross for Hillary. The Republican nominee can, if these things come to pass, just get out of the way, watch today's "shoo-in" become tomorrow's "also ran" ....might be a good idea not be checking out colors for those drapes to the oval office quite yet!☺
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 04:12:07 PM »
« Edited: February 26, 2015, 04:14:46 PM by heatmaster »

Those are good points about the pros and cons of a robust primary contest. Remember 2008; the longer that Hillary fought the good fight, it made her a better and seasoned candidate; the campaign for her was a good learning tool; however as the 2016 contest looms; Hillary might not have too look to appeal to primary voters; therefore she has developed an effective issue base; there won't be that hunger "the eye of the tiger". There's no narrative for her campaign,  besides a cool resume, the Clinton name ....that's a double edged sword, her husband and the argument that "it's my turn" are not compelling motivators. How is she going to define herself? "I'm not Obama" That's like John F. Kennedy, saying "ask not what your country should kinda do for you, ask what you should like do for your country, because it would be kind of cool and stuff...If you dig what I am telling you for sure" Not a resonant call to arms is it?. Hillary,  if I was her political campaign adviser; I have her sit down & ask her what she wants, what she truly believes and skip the theme, elect me because I'm Hillary and I'm a woman and I have the brand name.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 02:46:24 AM »

Which is a pity....The media are the fault; they certainly don't want to Diss the Clinton's by calling her out on things that no other candidate wouldn't get away with. I mean how ridiculous is this? Jeb Bush is condemned for being the brother and son of presidents and Hillary Clinton is basically given a free pass on almost everything. Me thinks those Clinton's are running scared at the idea of having to face Bush; they or the Democrats won't admit it...they wouldn't, would they?....that doesn't mean they wouldn't and I have doubts about the protestations of "independent's" or other "Republicans" on the site.  Think the danger is that poor old Hillary has high expectations that the Republicans are going to be dead easy to beat, would love to be proverbial "fly on the wall" at Clinton  campaign GHQ  come October 2016 when she realizes she doesn't have the election nailed...shame!
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 02:10:43 PM »

My point exactly oakvale...it's amazing how most folks have short memory spans when it suits them...The reason why Obama won, because he was hungrier and the Clinton campaign didn't take Obama seriously until it was too late. Doubt they have learned much in the intervening period. I might be wrong, hope I'm not.
heatmaster
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 07:01:43 AM »

It's very hard to imagine how Hillary Clinton doesn't get the nod...unless a health issue arises, the foreign money situation leads to a revelation that has ethics ramifications or legal ones as a result of her role as Secretary of State; the fact is, that Hillary hasn't come as far as she has without crossing someone along the way, if she has an enemy who is waiting "in the long grass" then all bets are off...no contender could weather a storm and run a campaign these days...not in the 24/7 news paradigm of today.  It is eight years later, Obama is still president, his record and the fact that he is grudgingly supporting her, is a double edged sword. Hopefully for Hillary, Bill has been a good boy & hasn't done something that overshadows her campaign or does damage to her. Getting through the primary process is one thing....even if it's a coronation - a general election campaign is another thing. It don't see a Bush, Walker or Christie been too pliant to the narrative that Hillary is the winner & everyone should roll up there tents and go home. If the 2008 campaign -primary,  was tough for her and she lost!- then the 2016 campaign - the general - is going to make the 2008 campaign look like a pleasant pic by comparison,  in other words, a real doozy. I have my doubts about the circumstances of why and how the foreign money controversy came out, I think the Clinton's put it out there, as they identified it as a real problem - the old campaign play book from Bill's campaign has been dusted off - if there are problematic issue that could cause a problem - disclose it early on, lance the boil before it erupts and causes a mess - better to have the controversy now than in the summer or fall of 2016. Very slick. But I'm convinced there is an issue out there, that doesn't dovetail with Hillary's strategy and will trip her up at the crucial moment, when she least needs or expects it. A debate, a revelation which is hidden away and which her opponent leaks through a third party to the media - without getting his own hands dirty...but still benefits from the negative fall-out. Watch this space.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies