Opinion of the execution of the Romanovs
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:30:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the execution of the Romanovs
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the execution of the Romanovs
Freedom Execution

Horrible Execution

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Opinion of the execution of the Romanovs  (Read 6897 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2015, 09:49:42 AM »
« edited: February 28, 2015, 09:52:29 AM by Mideast Senator windjammer »

In general, I do not believe that specific families need to be snuffed out. However, I do believe that in the context of the Romanov family, allowing any one of the Romanovs to live was more or less allowing for the Whites to claim a figurehead with which they could organize support and mobilize it from afar, and so the only option for the Bolsheviks in that context was to get rid of them, root and branch. I don't think that negates my previously stated position (all royals are criminals), because royalty is a crime in and of itself. No person should be permitted to declare themselves above and outside the community, and the community should be empowered to resist, by any means necessary anyone who attempts to do so. I suppose I have a very Roman view of the whole thing in that regard.
They executed Romanov's children who did nothing "criminal".
Funny to see you manage to defend all the murderers (Lenin,...), condemn Obama because he's a murderer (lol), and approve the execution of children.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2015, 11:43:47 AM »

In general, I do not believe that specific families need to be snuffed out. However, I do believe that in the context of the Romanov family, allowing any one of the Romanovs to live was more or less allowing for the Whites to claim a figurehead with which they could organize support and mobilize it from afar, and so the only option for the Bolsheviks in that context was to get rid of them, root and branch. I don't think that negates my previously stated position (all royals are criminals), because royalty is a crime in and of itself. No person should be permitted to declare themselves above and outside the community, and the community should be empowered to resist, by any means necessary anyone who attempts to do so. I suppose I have a very Roman view of the whole thing in that regard.
They executed Romanov's children who did nothing "criminal".
Funny to see you manage to defend all the murderers (Lenin,...), condemn Obama because he's a murderer (lol), and approve the execution of children.

tnf has a strong case of IOKIYAC.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2015, 03:05:16 PM »

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2015, 03:41:34 PM »

Snowstalker, at some point do you just get tired of making sh**tty posts?

Now you see how we feel every time you post.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2015, 05:24:09 PM »

not positive, but has to be understood in context.  there really was a Russian far-right that was being funded from outside of the country and there was a genuine fear the the country would fall to the right. Korlinov already had tried a coup in mid-1917.  as I think Eric Hobsbawm pointed out, the Bolsheviks were a true crisis government until at least, say 1922, and before that could only think in days or weeks, rather than in months or years.

all this is to say that this was a different class of execution from those committed in 1936-39.

that said, the Romanovs themselves were not of a caliber to hatch a serious power-grabbing scheme.  they were bizarre and stupid.  killing them did nothing set the "whites" back.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2015, 06:09:51 PM »

At least my points are more than just "lol COMMUNISM ROCKS"

Not really, no. They're just a different kind of bad.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2015, 06:49:03 PM »

HE (sane, not in favor of shooting children)
#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2015, 09:55:43 PM »

No, this revolution was entirely of my own doing.  Chavez was on board instantly after I told him (which I didn't tell them until AFTER the coup and execution.)  Kim took some more persuading, basically concerned about the masses, but he sees the need in putting an end to the Greek coalition because I wasn't getting any legitimate bites from anywhere else. He sees the need, but not necessarily agrees with THIS particular coup.  I think Chavez and I have ironed his fears out, though.  Now, it's up to the workers to produce (no pun intended)!
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2015, 11:33:48 PM »

not positive, but has to be understood in context.  there really was a Russian far-right that was being funded from outside of the country and there was a genuine fear the the country would fall to the right. Korlinov already had tried a coup in mid-1917.  as I think Eric Hobsbawm pointed out, the Bolsheviks were a true crisis government until at least, say 1922, and before that could only think in days or weeks, rather than in months or years.

all this is to say that this was a different class of execution from those committed in 1936-39.

that said, the Romanovs themselves were not of a caliber to hatch a serious power-grabbing scheme.  they were bizarre and stupid.  killing them did nothing set the "whites" back.
I find myself in agreement with the main points of this.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2015, 06:54:47 AM »

Don't you all just love how Snowstalker laughs at the deaths of millions?  How classy is that, folks?
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2015, 12:43:38 PM »

No execution is pro-freedom, even that of dictators. But the execution of innocent people are what makes this a particularly horrible "execution" (murder).
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2015, 04:34:43 PM »

Don't you all just love how Snowstalker laughs at the deaths of millions?  How classy is that, folks?

Yet he found the cheering when Fred Phelps died of natural causes distasteful.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies