Opinion of the execution of the Romanovs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:26:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of the execution of the Romanovs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of the execution of the Romanovs
Freedom Execution

Horrible Execution

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Opinion of the execution of the Romanovs  (Read 6986 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: February 25, 2015, 10:20:40 AM »

My only regret is that we haven't executed Snowstalker while playing the Balance of Power.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 08:28:02 AM »

It's questionable whether you can really call it an execution; there was no trial and there weren't even any charges. We can't call it a lynching as it there was not thing spontaneous about it and it was carried out by state actors; assassination is out for other reasons. I think that leaves us with murder. Semantics are sometimes important.

Anyway, Nikolai Alexandrovich was not a very sympathetic man and his wife was not particularly pleasant either. While it's hard to justify the straight-up political murder of a pair of (by now) harmless civilians, it's hard to feel particularly sorry either. And his last words - 'What?! What?!' - are darkly hilarious. It was wrong (and yes absolutely a crime), but barely justifies a place in the catalogue of horrors of the new Bolshevik regime.

The murder of their children and retinue though...

Well, being utterly practical, if I were in the Soviet's shoes, I would be very uneasy with the possibility of Tsarevich Alexei falling into the Kolchak's hands and all the implications.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 04:12:37 PM »

I think the Libyan and Ethiopian royalty should return too.

For what freaking purpose? The Idris monarchy was pretty much a Cyrenaica-based firm either exploiting or neglecting the rest of Libya. Since Libya has now problems with keeping the whole country together, their return is the last thing needed.

Please educate yourself before posting instead of spewing your "yay, every monarchy is cool" crap.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies