1st Regiment of Mideast Volunteer Militia (Disbanded)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:43:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  1st Regiment of Mideast Volunteer Militia (Disbanded)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1st Regiment of Mideast Volunteer Militia (Disbanded)  (Read 715 times)
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 25, 2015, 05:01:52 PM »
« edited: February 27, 2015, 08:54:45 PM by Harry S Truman »

1st Regiment of Mideast Volunteer Militia
Commanding Officer: Col. Harry S Truman
Headquarters: Fort Wayne, IN

All Companies disbanded as of 2/28/15     16:00:00

There comes a time in every generation when the people of a republic must take up arms to defend their liberties. As our Constitution states:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

With terrorists attempting to disrupt our system of government, it seems the time has come for us to use this Constitutional Right.

The 1st Regiment of Mideast Volunteers is an organization for all citizens of the Mideast who would defend their region, their liberties, and the rule of law against the enemies of this Republic. We are not a political organization: we hold no mantra, no platform, no preference for policies beyond our belief in the supremacy of the Constitution and the democratically elected government of Atlasia. Our purpose is to defend the people of the Mideast against all present threats to their security. In accordance with the Constitution of the Mideast, we place ourselves under the command of Governor TDAS04 and the regional government.

As commanding office of this regiment, I urge all able-bodied Mideasterners to enlist at once.

Yours sincerely,
Harry S Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 05:47:31 PM »

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 05:52:41 PM »

If it's in the constitution Grin
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 06:09:17 PM »

OMG... everybody is now going to have his own militia.

What have I done?
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 06:11:41 PM »

OMG... everybody is now going to have his own militia.

What have I done?

The 1st Regiment is technically under the control of the regional government (ie: if TDAS04 tells me to get out of Kansas City, I will get out of Kansas City), so I wouldn't be too worried.
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 08:13:02 PM »

Alright, I approve of this militia! But I'm not joining since I'm a pacifist personally and have no weapons.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2015, 09:56:30 PM »

In light of the president's address, I would like to clarify that the 1st Regiment is a purely defensive organization. We will not fire unless fired upon, and we will not usurp the authority of law enforcement officials. Out objective is to ensure that, in the event of another attack like the one in Topeka, the people of the Mideast are not defenseless, to assist local law enforcement in any way possible, and to loyally serve the government of the Mideast Region. I have spoken with Governor TDAS04, and he has assumed command of this regiment. No offensive maneuver will be launched without his approval, and we will in all cases defer to his judgement.

-HST
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2015, 08:08:23 PM »

Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »

First, I would like to take this moment to applaud President Lumine and his Administration for their quick, decisive action in the face of the present crisis. They have displayed the qualities of true leadership these last few days, and we are extremely lucky that such qualified individuals were at the helm of our government when tragedy struck earlier this week.

In light of their actions, I feel that most of the concerns that led me to form this regiment have been addressed. When the 1st Regiment mustered in Fort Wayne two days ago, the nation was still shaking from the attacks in Topeka, and I wanted to do what I could to defend the ideals of our Republic. But I was never a military man at heart, and with the deployment of the real soldiers - our National Guard - volunteer militia's such as this are no longer necessary. I therefore issue the following order, to ensure that neither I nor the volunteers under my command are disruptive to the mission of the National Guard.

Long Live the Republic of Atlasia!

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2015, 06:07:02 PM »

This trend towards armed vigilante mobs is worrying me.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2015, 06:11:56 PM »

I wouldn't call the Regiment an "armed vigilante mob", considering we're taking orders from Governor TDAS04. Anyways, we're in the process of disbanding now that the Feds are on top of things, so not to worry! Smiley
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »

As they should any sane person.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2015, 06:15:37 PM »

I wouldn't call the Regiment an "armed vigilante mob", considering we're taking orders from Governor TDAS04. Anyways, we're in the process of disbanding now that the Feds are on top of things, so not to worry! Smiley

Yes, I'm glad to see you're doing so but isn't there some ultra-left band of lunatics running around with guns, too? And I can only assume a similar right-wing organisation.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2015, 06:27:53 PM »

Yes, I'm glad to see you're doing so but isn't there some ultra-left band of lunatics running around with guns, too? And I can only assume a similar right-wing organisation.

Yeah, TNF still has "brigadiers" stationed across the Midwest. I think someone formed a right-wing group in the Mideast after the CRA passed, but I haven't heard from them in a while.

We obviously need to get some legislation clarifying this issue on the books. As things stand, it's way too easy for someone to get together with a group of armed buddies and start dispatching battalions around the country. If we're going to allow these kinds of groups (and they seem to be protected by at least some of the regional Constitutions), then there needs to be a clear, defined structure so as to avoid various ideologies arming their supporters and taking the country by force.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 06:34:43 PM »

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies