Favorite country starting with "G"?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:33:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Favorite country starting with "G"?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Favorite country starting with "G"?
Gabon

Gambia

Georgia

Germany

Ghana

Greece

Grenada

Guatemala

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Guyana

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Favorite country starting with "G"?  (Read 2077 times)
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 11:03:20 AM »

Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 12:28:11 PM »

I have to apologize for voting Germany over the non-white countries, but I'm like 75% German-American, almost of my ancestry (about 300-400 direct ancestors) goes back to Germany within 250 years (and my two main ancestral lines got to America from Germany in the mid 1800s.

I would vote Greece if Germany wasn't on the list. Or Guyana.

Why should you have to apologize?

Because I really would vote for the non-Western European countries, if one wasn't where many of my ancestors are from. I'm a bit sick of mostly Western European and Commonwealth countries winning.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 03:50:07 PM »

I have to apologize for voting Germany over the non-white countries, but I'm like 75% German-American, almost of my ancestry (about 300-400 direct ancestors) goes back to Germany within 250 years (and my two main ancestral lines got to America from Germany in the mid 1800s.

Because I really would vote for the non-Western European countries, if one wasn't where many of my ancestors are from. I'm a bit sick of mostly Western European and Commonwealth countries winning.

Can you come with a argument, why Ghana, Greece or any on the long list of "G" countries should win over Germany? Can you come with a honest argument why Fiji should win over France and Finland. At most I can see the problem with Estonia winning. But again it was a country which is above all the other countries on all parameters (with exception of good summers, biodiversity and cuisine) to all the other "E" countries.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 04:21:26 PM »

This forum disgusts me sometimes.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 04:38:38 PM »

Greek food is wonderful.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »

Yes it is, of course I also think German food is excellent and a lot more diverse than Greek food. Through if we should select after food Croatia would have won among the "C" countries.
Cobbler
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2015, 05:31:34 PM »

Germany.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2015, 06:13:10 PM »

Can you come with a argument, why Ghana, Greece or any on the long list of "G" countries should win over Germany? Can you come with a honest argument why Fiji should win over France and Finland. At most I can see the problem with Estonia winning. But again it was a country which is above all the other countries on all parameters (with exception of good summers, biodiversity and cuisine) to all the other "E" countries.

Ethiopia's history and cuisine far surpass that of Estonia's.  I mean, I like plucky little Estonia but that result was a travesty.

I'd also argue that Argentina should have won for the As– its legacy as a New World immigrant haven is really only second to the USA, and Borges is simply the best–  but Argentina is TBF a pretty white country as well.

Anyway, as for this round, Lief has the right of it. Taramasalata is delicious.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies