Workers get the shaft in Wisconsin
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:33:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Workers get the shaft in Wisconsin
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Workers get the shaft in Wisconsin  (Read 1868 times)
Stockdale for Veep

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2015, 06:05:50 PM »

These protests have a much larger blue collar feel to them. I don't see how Scotty would win Ohio.
OldDominion
Rookie
United States

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2015, 06:25:06 PM »

This has been an interesting discussion but it's time to say you don't know what you're talking about, and my clumsy attempts to lead you in the right direction aren't being met by very much success... it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out where I was going with my questions, if you do a little reading... But that's all for now.

Maybe I saw the arguments differently. Idk.... Anyway, have a good one.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2015, 06:33:36 PM »

This has been an interesting discussion but it's time to say you don't know what you're talking about, and my clumsy attempts to lead you in the right direction aren't being met by very much success... it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out where I was going with my questions, if you do a little reading... But that's all for now.

Maybe I saw the arguments differently. Idk.... Anyway, have a good one.

Explain me how workers get good work conditions while talking one on one with the leadership team.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »

This. Also, 50% of states are now right to work. Wonderful.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2015, 11:51:32 PM »

Walker can look forward to doing very poorly in the midwest. With this on his record, he's going to struggle in Ohio if he makes the general.

If you think Kasich just backed off of right-to-work for no reason, you are mistaken. And 2016 isn't a midterm, it's a presidential year.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2015, 09:36:45 AM »

Please do tell how workers get the shaft by getting the right to choose whether or not they want to be in a union per a work contract? This is one thing Dems have gone too far to the left on and it is absolutely nuts to say that this is a major issue. It's a choice issue. People should not be mandated to joining a union or association and should never be bullied into paying dues or fees against their conscience. This is coming from a grandson of a NJ Teamster.

Collective bargaining allows workers a chance to avoid being exploited in a negotiation in which the employer has the ability to seek out the bargaining weaknesses of an employee to drive his wages as low as possible. The corporation has a personnel bureaucracy that can examine the worker's life and make an investigation of a worker's life even to such family situations as having a child.

The argument for a pay cut could go like this:

Congratulations, Martin! Your wife just had a baby. Now we understand very well how much you need a job, and to that end we are going to make sure that it exists by giving you a 10% pay cut necessary for creating a more solid financial position for this company -- and we think that it would be wise, on behalf of everyone you care for, to do some unpaid overtime... and of course make a cash contribution to our group, Citizens for Sweatshops.

Collective bargaining protects against this. Business executives who have never known hardship in their lives find it easy to exploit their subordinates if there is no constraint upon their greed.

If workers have no stake in a plutocratic oligarchy and no means of changing the system by electoral means, then they might as well be militant Marxists.   
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies