General Senate Discussion
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:03:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  General Senate Discussion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: General Senate Discussion  (Read 18789 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2015, 04:53:06 AM »

I don't see a "General Court Discussion" thread anywhere (maybe I missed it?) and I'd rather not clutter up the case thread that is already cluttered by a silly argument you and Windjammer had.

Also, how was that a hysterical rant? 3 sentences is hardly a rant (I mean, of anyone, I think I'd know what constitutes a rant...), and it was far from hysterical.

I created one in 2009, but it is not stickied and only gets bumped, usually by me, when a case has started, which means that most discussion has already run its course in other places, even the case threads the discussion thread was meant to keep clear.

Well, someone should sticky it then.

Its not officially endorsed. I was not a PPT or even Dean of the Senate when I created it, just a first term regional Senator from the then Dirty South. Some might say I "malaciously" created a place for supreme court discussion to occur outside of case threads. Tongue
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2015, 04:53:47 PM »

Apologies for a drop in activity over the weekend -- it's a very busy time of year at work and school. I'll be looking through these new bills shortly. Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2015, 12:03:46 AM »

Apologies for a drop in activity over the weekend -- it's a very busy time of year at work and school. I'll be looking through these new bills shortly. Smiley

Yea, I kind of had the same just with the former. I planned to spend most of today taking care of stuff on here, but with most of my days off, I ended up spending it asleep and taking care of important real life matters, within the limits that a Sunday allows.

Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2015, 12:53:05 PM »

I will be on very limited activity until Friday because of Thanksgiving. To all of my American friends I hope you have a safe and pleasant holiday.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2015, 03:36:55 PM »

I will be on very limited activity until Friday because of Thanksgiving. To all of my American friends I hope you have a safe and pleasant holiday.
Likewise.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2016, 10:35:18 AM »

Question: Am I able to vote on bills and amendments proposed before I was sworn in, but are still active?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2016, 11:20:37 AM »

Question: Am I able to vote on bills and amendments proposed before I was sworn in, but are still active?

I assume so, I did when I was a Senator as I joined half way through a session
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2016, 12:35:10 PM »

I assume so, I did when I was a Senator as I joined half way through a session
Thanks
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 10:09:26 PM »

My citizen opinion is the Senate should confirm Talleyrand for the job of Secretary of Federal Elections. He was assistant to SoFE so he knows elections and is qualified for the role.

I think he applied for it so it shows his interest. It appears other people asked have refused. If Senators have concerns about the nominee due to past behavior, they can ask him what he would do in certain situations they think is open to interpretations and be reassured that way.

This is not a lifelong position. If he does an awful job he can be replaced. If he makes a call that you find unfair, you can go to the Supreme Court. So please Senators, confirm him.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2016, 05:57:47 PM »

In the Closing election loophole Act in regards to the editing ballot rule, there was a possibility brought up of clarifying the case of posting a ballot less than 20 minutes before the deadline and if the editing period could extend after the closing of the booth. I don't see this addresses in the Act.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't see the text makes clear no edit is valid after the voting booth closes.
Clark Kent
ClarkKent
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2016, 12:13:58 PM »

I've been approached about the Constitutionality of this bill:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=231300.0

The bill passed the Northeast Assembly, but Article 1, Section 7 of the Constitution states:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2016, 09:43:07 PM »

The National Broadcaster might well be a media to show the Poirot series to the general public. I don't have to explain the cultural importance of this. For this and because there is a role for a national broadcaster, I am against its privatization.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2016, 11:03:32 PM »

The National Broadcaster might well be a media to show the Poirot series to the general public. I don't have to explain the cultural importance of this. For this and because there is a role for a national broadcaster, I am against its privatization.
I'm inclined to take your view of the matter, Poirot. I love Nyman Weekly and think Ted does an excellent job running his paper, but there's something to be said for having a media source that is not beholden to market forces.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2016, 10:01:27 PM »

Shouldn't there be a hearing for the nomination of a new Registrar General? I think the President nominated someone for that position.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 10:14:54 PM »

Yup, 1184AZ was nominated.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2016, 09:31:10 PM »

About the Freedom to donate Act (blood), some countries have a requirement of no same sex relation in the last 12 months to be considered a donor. Canada justified 12 months this way:

“It’s still 12 months because the testing is imperfect, because we are still on this incremental journey,”

I prefer security. I don't know how satisfying it is to someone to be able to sue if you are transfered a disease. Atlasia should protect the citizens and have a high concern for security and adopt a 12 month period.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2016, 09:44:27 PM »

...And? Isn't that discrimination against the LGBT+ community? Straight people can get STDs too.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »

If that is the case to be made, any Atlasian who has been sexually active in the past 12 months shouldn't be able to donate blood. While that wouldn't affect very many actual Atlasians, in real life that would have a severely negative impact on the blood supply.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2016, 08:06:34 AM »

It's about risks. If countries like France, Canada or Australia have 12 month wait period, I imagine there is not all scientific evidence there is no risk. Besides I don't consider donating blood a fundamental right.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2016, 09:31:26 AM »

But is the risk for STDs actually significantly higher for homosexual interecorse than it is for hetrosexuaal intercoruse? I will admit that I have not looked up any statistics on the matter, but I am skeptical towards that thought.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »

But is the risk for STDs actually significantly higher for homosexual interecorse than it is for hetrosexuaal intercoruse? I will admit that I have not looked up any statistics on the matter, but I am skeptical towards that thought.

The risk for HIV/AIDs is higher- but we need to debunk the myth that it's just gay people who have it- it varies in region
Classic Conservative
Junior Chimp

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2016, 10:51:07 AM »

We need to make a new national flag.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2016, 12:13:19 PM »

Something with a big A for Atlasia
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »

About the currency tactile Act, I dislike having and handling new Canadian polymer bank notes. I prefer standard paper. I believe old bank notes had tactile feature so if it's possible I prefer paper money.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2016, 07:22:18 PM »

What is the status of SSM in Atlasia? I know that with the new constitution we transferred over all the American federal laws, however because SSM was legalized by individual states and the supreme court, their is no federal law legalizing it.  Should the House/Senate pass a law clarifying the status regardless or are we leaving this as an Regional issue?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies