General Senate Discussion (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:42:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  General Senate Discussion (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: General Senate Discussion  (Read 18927 times)
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« on: July 02, 2016, 07:22:18 PM »

What is the status of SSM in Atlasia? I know that with the new constitution we transferred over all the American federal laws, however because SSM was legalized by individual states and the supreme court, their is no federal law legalizing it.  Should the House/Senate pass a law clarifying the status regardless or are we leaving this as an Regional issue?
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 07:34:44 PM »

What is the status of SSM in Atlasia? I know that with the new constitution we transferred over all the American federal laws, however because SSM was legalized by individual states and the supreme court, their is no federal law legalizing it. 
My interpretation is that how things are in America now is how it is in Atlasia. So same-sex marriage is legal.
The Confusion I had though is the fact DOMA and most of these SSM bans are still on the books but unenforceable, so does that mean these laws are unenforceable now, after all our constitution is not the same as the American one. Could someone propose legislation to clarify this potentially messy situation please?. What I don't want to see happen is for a similar situation as happened in Missouri in RL.     
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:10:18 PM »

Even if it's legal I don't like a President who has that role by accident appoints a Supreme Court Justice. It should be done by the next elected President.
Agreed
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies