What color is this dress? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:31:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What color is this dress? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which colors do you see?
White/Gold

Blue/Black

Blue/Gold

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 96

Author Topic: What color is this dress?  (Read 13116 times)
Panda Express

« on: February 27, 2015, 01:51:12 AM »

It's a blue dress with black stripes and anyone who says otherwise is trolling
Panda Express

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 07:21:28 PM »

An article on the science behind this dress

Basically, it is a fact that is a blue dress with black stripes. So those of us that see it as a blue dress with black stripes are "correct" and the way our eyes/brain perceives images is working correctly.

If you don't see a blue dress with black stripes, I'm sorry to say but you're genetically defective and evolutionary speaking, there is something very wrong with you and you probably shouldn't reproduce.
Panda Express

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 12:52:23 AM »

I've raised this point several times in this thread and no one on the blue/black squad has offered an explanation on how the gold/brown (not even a dark shade of it!) look black...

It looks black because it's black. Next question.
Panda Express

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:15:56 AM »

I saw it as black and blue before I even knew what it was supposed to be. That's because my eyes and brain can perceive colors correctly. It's ok that you can't; many disabled people have gone on to do great things.
Panda Express

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 01:36:45 AM »

I saw it as black and blue before I even knew what it was supposed to be. That's because my eyes and brain can perceive colors correctly. It's ok that you can't; many disabled people have gone on to do great things.

So ... you do see the square I posted as black?

Oh, are we posting random shapes and colors that have nothing to do with the dress? Let me try. Do you see this trapezoid as lavender?

Panda Express

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 07:26:05 AM »

Here is a YouGov poll for this, taken in the UK.

Now, this seems very high for blue/black since most polls on the internet will show 50/50.

However, we can still look at the cross-tabs and we see there is a MASSIVE age gap.

Panda Express

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 05:28:35 PM »
« Edited: February 28, 2015, 05:55:24 PM by Vox Populi »

So ... you do see the square I posted as black?

Oh, are we posting random shapes and colors that have nothing to do with the dress? Let me try. Do you see this trapezoid as lavender?

This is directly taken from a pixel of the top stripe. And I tried to go for one of the middle, not just the most obvious bright one.

The fact that you're dodging the question strongly implies that you agree this color of the square isn't black.

This leads to a second question -- how did you know on sight that the material was something that is THAT reflective? Most black fabrics wouldn't reflect that much light as to appear shiny gold. In fact, until this meme came out I probably didn't realize there were any.

Maybe there's a correlation between people who are good at recognizing fancy fabrics on sight and what color you perceive? I'm sure if I saw the photo and saw like "hmmm, that looks like XYZ fabric that looks shiny under light" I might have guessed the stripes are actually black. Unfortunately, I know virtually nothing about fabric types.

Dude, how is this so hard for you to understand? Reread Joe's post or go back to the link I posted last page that told the "science" of this image. Your stupid square is not the image and is a silly way of obfuscating the argument. Now you're saying I must be a fabric expert? WTF? How did my brain and half the Internet know to adjust? I don't know - it just didbut I can assure you it had nothing to do with me being a fabric expert.

Yeah, it's obviously not black. I understand that the white/blue thing might be debatable, but no amount of lighting can turn a real black into that brownish gold.

You realize half of us are perceiving the image differently, right? To us, the white/blue is not debatable; it's obviously blue and not debatable at all.
Panda Express

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 11:17:39 PM »

^Ouch. Devastating blow to team gold/white. We get Kanye West. Team gold/white gets a bunch of people that aren't Kanye West.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies