Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:46:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!  (Read 4758 times)
Pingvin
Pingvin99
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2015, 02:30:21 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
x Pingvin
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »

x Maxwell

Let's fight for an economy that benefits everyone, not just those with memberships to the right unions.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2015, 10:24:06 AM »

x SMILO

Representing a segment of the population is no way to live. We must seek prosperity for all.
Foucaulf
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2015, 10:28:01 AM »

x Foucaulf

We shouldn't even need a petition on this. All the more reason for Atlasians to take the Senate back.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2015, 11:06:54 AM »

X Spiral
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2015, 01:20:24 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't give a sh#t about the 'middle class'

my constituency is the working class

AYE
[/quote]

x Altsomn Stmarken
[/quote]

x-JCL
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2015, 01:29:50 PM »

x CELTICEMPIRE

I'll try to make a speech later.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2015, 01:32:48 PM »

x MadmanMotley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »

This event is going really well, my signature now will be our 10th. Let's keep it going!

X PiT (The Physicist)
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2015, 04:25:23 PM »

x Senator Cris
Wake Me Up When The Hard Border Ends
Anton Kreitzer
YaBB God
Australia

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: 3.11

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2015, 06:49:44 PM »

X Anton Kreitzer

Say NO to union domination!
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2015, 07:11:28 PM »

x cinyc

The Middle Class is the bedrock on which the Atlasian economy is founded.  There is no reason to disrespect the middle class or not be concerned with their needs.
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2015, 07:29:41 PM »

x Goldwater
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2015, 07:35:39 PM »

XDevin.

(warning long winded speech ahead)

My fellow Federalists and Atlasians, we have reached a new era in our history. At a time when our party is nearing collapse we are fighting over petty nonsense. Social Conservative v. Social Liberal, Center v. Center- right it all does not matter. We must stand united as one if we are to rise from the ashes. We must continue to preach our message of self reliance, and prosperity for all. When the extreme left goes on the attack, we must take a stand rather than just compromise. TNF has insulted most of Atlasia for far too long. Over these next few months we must make a serious effort to bring him, and his kind down. Thank you all and Dave bless.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2015, 09:26:46 PM »

X Pessimistic Antineutrino
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2015, 09:42:10 PM »

Good evening, my fellow Atlasians.

Today is a very good day for a reminder. A reminder of what we want for Atlasia and for its people. Do we want to make them prosperous, or do we want to keep them poor and struggling for political motivations? Do we want our working class to grow and look to the rest of society with love and respect, our do we want to make them a destructive force?

I'd like to tell you a story I heard some time ago. The long story of a middle class family. They were very poor only five decades ago. Very poor. But they worked their way. They trusted their values. They sent their kids to school and college, and not without hardship. But now you can look at them... *dries tears* What a beautiful and prosperous family.

This is the story of the middle class of Atlasia. A story of struggle and hard work, but also, and most importantly, a story of success and hope. The story of the middle class is the story of the growth and consolidation of the working class. A story that teaches the working class to not lose faith in their capacity to prosper, and reminds the middle class to keep up the good work.

Thank you, and Dave bless the middle class, and the working class, and all of Atlasia!!!!

*Standing ovation*
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2015, 09:50:11 PM »

x TJ in Wisco
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »

Warning: Warning, another long speech of mine.

Friends and fellow members of the center-right,

I am proud of taking a stand with you today to stand up for our values, and more importantly, for those neglected by the parties who have taken power in Atlasia: the middle class. As a constant opponent of Senator TNF I've had the chance of debating him on the campaign trail and in the Senate floor, and one of the things that always shocked me was how statements that were offensive to wide sectors of the population could be cheered and even celebrated by some members of the left.

No, ladies and gentlemen, that is the sort of message and the sort of policies that have to go. While some have chosen to forget about the international context in which we live and conduct their actions as if we lived in a world ruled by a different paradigm. They (and by this I mean the rising number of people willing to stand up for the views espoused by the now retiring Senator) wish to believe in a fantasy in which the free market doesn't work, a fantasy in which you can't go wrong by legalizing more and more actions that half of Atlasia find deplorable, a fantasy in which dismissing all opposition as fascism is the way to go, only to pretend to care for our institutions when it's expedient to do so.

As a man who was forced to deal with that double standard in the campaign trail, as a Senator and as the President of the Republic, I say enough. I say it's time to keep our voices high, regardless of which party of the center-right we form a part of. A month ago I said that it was necessary for us to avoid going gently down the path of defeat, and I say that once again. It is all but impossible for us to retake control of the agenda in Atlasia if we can continue the momentum of activity, and above all, it is more than possible for us to break the left-wing consensus if we increase that momentum into a wave of activity.

We are a group of people who believe in the strength of the individual, a group willing to stand up for those who get ignored for the sake of another group, a group that understands just how crucial efficient governance and efficient policies are instead of ramming dogma after dogma on an entire society to score points against a system that won the fight of the 20th Century, like a certain wall had never fallen and a certain ideology wasn't shown to be an utter failure.

And because we are a group like that, we will not disappear, not even in this low point in terms of officeholders. We won Presidential elections, we won half the Senate, and there's no reason why we won't be able to do so again.

As long as we stay active and vocal, we can, and we will, triumph once again.

Thank you,

x LumineVonReuental
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2015, 10:56:39 PM »

x Thomas from NJ
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2015, 10:59:32 PM »

X Senator North Carolina Yankee (I killed a lot of people for this title and Rick Santorum still gets called it so can I).

I will speak later with a "short set of remarks".
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2015, 11:28:48 PM »

Fellow Atlasians and friends,

Economic freedom is as important as social and political freedom. When I read the comments made by the left honorable Senator TNF essentially flipping off one of the most essential pieces of a free society I had to speak. What we have here is Labor speaking out of both sides of their collective mouths. Claiming to be champions of the working class when many of them want to tax the higher earning working class folks like they are frillionaires. Wether that's through the steeply progressive income tax or colluding with big labor unions. We all know that those union dues go into Labors political coffers and many of those workers don't share their views on the government's role in economic affairs.

These folks are much closer to our way of thinking. One thing I can tell you as a Assemblyman, Senator, and Former Presidential candidate I consistsntly fought to level the playing field by proposing tax policies that all Atlasians could be proud of. Sadly when I was in the senate, my tax proposal wasn't even given fair consideration and President Bore himself casted it off as radical. I ask our president this again. What is wrong with a top marginal rate of 40% with most paying 20% or less in income taxes? It's essentially the Clinton Era tax rates but flattened into five brackets. What's radical about that?

This would be the first step in the right direction of economic freedom and prosperity.

Thank you and May God and Dave Save Atlasia
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 12:02:51 AM »
« Edited: March 10, 2015, 09:52:50 AM by Lincoln Republican »

XWinfield

Respect all.
Cherish all.
Find the good in everyone.
Do not let petty grievances and suspicions lead you into darkness.
Let the light of love shine for you and lead you into that bright sunlit land from which you will never wish to depart.

These are times of trial and times of decision.
Let us pass our trials triumphantly and let us decide to be a friend to everyone, for in the final analysis, are we not all participants in the greatest race of all, the human race?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2015, 01:15:47 AM »

I want to thank all those who have participated today and say that though Monday may be over this event will continue for now as I see no reason to cut off the enthusiasm arbitrarily. So if you still would like to sign or make a speech please feel free to do so. I will hold off making my speech until anyone who stil lwould like to go has had a chance to go.

Thanks again to all those who have participated so far and I urge anyone still interesting to get involved. If you have signed but not made a speech, feel free to do so. If you want to do both, come on in. Cheesy

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2015, 01:31:50 AM »

I'd like to echo Yankee's comment. 22 signatures in 24 hours is fantastic work, and we have really outdone expectations here. Many thanks to everyone who has joined in and signed the petition.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2015, 01:42:56 AM »

X ZuWo
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies