Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:53:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!  (Read 4751 times)
Cassius
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2015, 05:32:16 AM »

X Cassius
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2015, 03:46:34 PM »

x IBDD
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2015, 07:42:27 AM »

x Simfan34
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2015, 07:56:40 AM »

x rpryor03
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2015, 12:37:48 PM »

I guess I can make myself useful and speak at all these middle class events. After all, I was The People's champion for about 8 months. Wink
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2015, 01:11:20 PM »

Come on Duke, the microphone is waiting. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2015, 10:26:15 PM »

All friends of the Middle Class are welcome to speak, and two-term former Presidents doubly so. Smiley
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2015, 01:11:44 AM »

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2015, 01:15:17 AM »

It is with great sadness that I inform the crowd that the distinguished former President of The People will not be able to speak tonight do ot some rather unfortunate real life events that were beyond his control. He will however, be available sometime Thursday to deliver his remarks.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2015, 11:55:42 PM »

I guess I can make myself useful and speak at all these middle class events. After all, I was The People's champion for about 8 months. Wink

Ah yes, how fondly I remember those halcyon days of glory, the Golden Age of Atlasia.

To this day I shed tears of joy whenever I think upon that storied era.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2015, 12:39:29 AM »
« Edited: March 13, 2015, 12:43:55 AM by Duke »

I want to thank my good friend and former Senator Yankee for inviting me to speak here, and gaze out upon the crowd thank you all for coming to listen to me on this day of days.

Friends, I don't know what this thread is about. I haven't really read what is going on nor do I know what this petition is for, but I am here for one thing, the middle class. The middle class of this great nation is the salt of the earth, The People that I hold so dear to my heart, The People that supported me when I was down, wiped a tear from my eye when I was up, and took the bottle of bourbon out of my hand when I was having too much fun.

In order for us to have a thriving nation, we must coddle and protect the middle class as we protect our children before turning them loose into a world filled with drugs, alcohol and premarital sex. As President, I worked my hardest not only to attract middle class girls, but to make sure their parents and grandparents had ample opportunity to succeed.

We passed a small business loans program, we cut corporate taxes, and we gave unions fair representation in the labor market. I am not here to demonize unions in the slightest, so sorry for going off on my own, for they play an important role in building the middle class and protecting workers rights because, let's face it, corporate abuse is real. It's as real as the dog in your lap or the dead squirrel in your driveway that you ran over last night. I always attempted to strike a healthy balance between both sides, which led me to be hated by both sides, but I digress. Tongue

In closing, I want to reiterate that while the wealth inequality is still growing, it can shrink with jobs, high quality jobs that our graduates can take, investing in green technology, and education, something my administration also took steps at updating and overhauling during our glorious and emotional 8 months in office.

Again, I want to thank you all for allowing me to speak. What an honor, I can't stop crying right now and I don't know why, but I am honored nonetheless. Good luck to all of you, and if you ever need anything, please, don't be afraid, for the only thing you have to fear is the ramifications of not approaching me. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2015, 02:02:48 AM »

I wish to thank the two term President of the People for coming before our humble event. I will say that in not knowing what this event was about, he has come far closer to my original intent with it when I thought up the idea a week and a day ago. I will also thank the President for emphasizing the balance for it was never our intent to advance one at the expense of the other, indeed it was our goal to promote both equally and condemn the divisive comments of Senator TNF. That is why when I initially conceived of it, as a two part event, "Middle Class Monday and Working Class Wednesday", the latter half of which I see has been robbed to advance class divisiveness yet again.

A week and a day ago I was fast approaching the end. A week and a day ago I was still the longest serving Senator in office, having proudly served the Dirty South, Imperial Dominion of the south and now just South for a combined 68 months. That journey, a journey I almost said no to one Spring day in May when the same yellow California Avatared libertarian, who had gotten me into this mess called Atlasia six months prior, offered me his Senate seat as he sought the Presidency, has come to its conclusion.

As I wandered through the Senate's halls wrapped up more with introspective thoughts of days, votes, and bills long past, of Members whose number reaches at least 50 that I have served with, and the many many Presidents including a hansome devil from South Carolina who once made us all feel so good, despite how bad things may have been elsewhere and for me they were terrible I can assure you. Suddently I was broke from my self-absorbed stupor by the unmistakable load voice of the distinguished Senator from the Midwest as he he described his sole responsibility lay with respresenting the working class alone and that the midde classes did not matter.

Something had to be done in response and so I together with my own motely crew that now exists within the Federalist Party and arranged this little shindig. I wasn't sure what would come of  it and at the very least we could get people to voice their displeasure with the petition. But I also hoped for some speaches and maybe even some policy discussion. I am pleased with the success that this event has had and I grateful for the number of people that have come forward to participate in this event. For years really, I have felt alone in this game with a few exceptions, and the amazing thing is that only after losing did I really realize just how many people were there in all parties and all across this game, people who provided support and encouragement. The irony is that had I won, I probably would have have left the game this summer, but outpouring of support has restored my energy and passion.

Directing that passion, I determined that we should illustrate just how committed the nation is to polices that advance both the middle and working classes together. An education policy that doesn't fail our kids, a tax code that encourages investment and entrepreneurship whislt still covering our bills, a healthcare policy that provides the potential for a range of options if a region chooses to take that path. A reasonable minimum wage policy that doesn't balloon inflation as it seeks its futile quest to be a magic bullet to put everyone in the middle class, investments in technology and infrastructure that will advance the economy, and finally yes, a good range of safe guards and even the presence of unions and co-ops to protext workers and provide further choices in what is presently a monopoly with bad service. I had the distinch pleasure of working with more then 70 different people over the course of 68 months to bring about these ends. From expanding credit lines and protecting against ID theft with Marokai Blue last decade to working with members of four different parties on healthcare last year.

In spite of all the progress, success has been uneven and the Senate has often decided to backslide, purusing counterproductive and poorly written bills. It is therefore crucial with so many of the right's long time advocates and watch dogs now gone from the Senate, that the people remain attune to the actions of the chamber and not hessistate to voice dissenting opinions and alternative visions. For the first time in 68 months I am an outsider looking in and though some may say that I comrpromised too much or lost my way, I can say that the same things that motivated me to say yes one Spring day, still motivate me today and have guided me throughout these past 68 months.

I want to thank all those who participated and signed the petition and encourage you to never be silent, to never waver, no retreat and no surrender when it comes to your voice in this game. As Federalists we may not hold a Senate seat, as Conservatives we may be severely reduced in number overall, but as Atlasian citizens we are never without a voice and we are never powerless. And no one, left right or center is ever going to take that away from you regardless of much crap they try to throw your way because eventually they will run out and you will remain standing.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies