Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:50:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Welcome, Federalists and Atlasians, to Middle Class Monday!!!  (Read 4752 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: February 27, 2015, 01:17:26 AM »
« edited: March 09, 2015, 02:15:17 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Good Eve ah Morning,

I have created these discussion threads before to support and even as a prelude to our past conventions, and it is my hope that creating it this time will allow for a discussion but at the same avoid that thread from gettign too cluttered up with the general back and forth and also the expected intrusions from other party members who will use it for their own entertainment value. I do expect that more people will use this unlike last time where it stayed empty. Tongue

I have had many discussions over the past few days and thus why I waited a few extra days to post this. I talked with many current members, and even some former ones who left as far back as a year ago. There are different ideas on the path forward and many have shared with me and the other members some really great proposals. I think most all are united in a desire for positively radical change at this point and I couldn't agree more. Many of this Party's members have felt deeply the affects of disunity over the past two years, and it therefore comes as no surprise that there is a great interest on the part of numerous Federalists to proceed, yes with radical changes, maybe even under a new name, maybe even a complete fresh start, but as a united front against the excesses of the left, but more importantly, in favor of a common sense governing agenda and regional power and influence.

We have at various points failed to offer enough counter proposals and then when we have, we have let dark forces behind the scenes lie and distort and twist them into things they are not. We need to not only offer a bold vision, but must be present and energetic in its defence not only here but on every medium of importance.

There has been discussion on the part of many about a complete overhaul of the Party from top to bottom. At the end of the day, I am for whatever will re-energize a united right and therefore I support moving forward in that direction and encourage the members to participate and engage as we work to re-model or even rebuild from scratch, not just repaint the Party.

There are many great porposals for names, for bylaws and platforms, for party colors, for policy ideas, for changes in our region party structure, for how we approach the Federal Gov't versus the Regions as it relates to our agenda, and for how we encourage unity and energy, the two keys that this party and the right in general has lacked for so long.

I therefore welcome a civil discussion on how to move this party forward. I welcome and encourage the active participate of all and realize that we may not agree on everything, but I think we stand united behind a desire to restore the right to competativeness and ultimately a working majority passing a governing agenda.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 01:29:46 AM »

I think this is a discussion that needs to happen. Unity and solidarity is a critical idea for us going forward, and we need to work together to ensure that we all are promoting a vision that we are enthusiastic about.

I would like to put forward one idea that I have: the creation of several corps in the party. They would be a volunteer function and carry out important functions for the party. There could be one for public relations, one for legislative proposals, and so on. Long-time members would work alongside new recruits, and mentor them through the process.

The end result would be that party members would be actively contributing to the health of the party and getting everyone involved. A big part of the reason why the ARC/POP formed was that many newer recruits within the RPP did not believe that they were heard. Everyone should be heard and everyone should be involved.

How does this proposal sound?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:37:43 AM »

I think that is a good point. When I started last year I made a big point about getting everyone at the discussion table and making sure each side was equally respresented. Since then we have ran one candidate from each wing and I have created several discussion threads, as well as contacted members directly. But none of them had the massive effect that was needed. If we can find a way to integrate new members in directly and avoid the create of a class of actives and a class of nots, that will go a long way towards alleviating our engagement problem I think.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 03:16:07 AM »

One of the issues that we have faced for a while now has been a lack of involvement by many of us, myself included. In the wake of what has happened, I see a new surge in interest from several of us. The key point is to spread this around, and take advantage of this opportunity to build a party structure that is more sustainable. What we have done to date has failed, and this was something that we could only see once it was too late.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2015, 04:35:51 AM »

A great initiative, Mr. Chairman.

The Federalist Party has, during its history, achieved its two main goals: uniting the political right in Atlasia and reaching out to moderate voters. The party membership included and still includes the majority of conservatives of Atlasia and many other moderates (like me) and libertarian-leanings (like me from the past).

But here's the problem: all this different people tend to act and vote, a lot of times, like if they were 3 different parties. Why? Because despite the fact that all of them carry the Federalist banner, they all carry very different ideas.

But if that was all, the other parties should be facing the same too. I mean, Labor and TPP. And here's where we find the key to their party unity in the middle of their differences: a central, uniting idea: the working class in the case of Labor, and The People in the case of TPP. A central, uniting idea that is reflected in the party's name.

And this is exactly what I'd like to propose to my fellow Federalist: to join not only under the banner of the Federalist Party, but also under a uniting idea we can all agree on: Federalism. The idea that we may have different personal views, but we know the proper role of the federal government, which is keeping the country united, help regions enforce individual rights and represent them in the international community.

This is my humble proposal: let's put our differences aside and join together under the idea we all share: a small federal government and stronger regions.

I also like PiT's ideas, BTW ^^
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2015, 04:43:12 AM »

I would like to put forward one idea that I have: the creation of several corps in the party. They would be a volunteer function and carry out important functions for the party. There could be one for public relations, one for legislative proposals, and so on. Long-time members would work alongside new recruits, and mentor them through the process.

Question, PiT:

Is it your idea to make these become formal party positions in the party?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2015, 07:03:26 PM »

Question, PiT:

Is it your idea to make these become formal party positions in the party?

I think the various corps should be formally instituted and should have an executive officer who will be held accountable for their success and maintain continuity within their structure. Otherwise, though, my idea is that it will be volunteer-based to encourage people to get involved without a sense of having to make a big commitment.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2015, 10:19:35 PM »

One Party domination is too awful. I'm in.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 07:21:02 PM »

Is the latest version of the platform on wiki? If so, I think it could use a massive overhaul.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2015, 08:56:58 PM »

Is the latest version of the platform on wiki? If so, I think it could use a massive overhaul.

I don't know if it is the latest version, but I think a discussion on the platform would be very useful at this point in time.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2015, 09:09:26 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Here's the platform on wiki.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2015, 11:19:54 PM »

It's outdated, Max.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 12:04:04 AM »

Okay, well help me then, where is the new platform?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 04:17:18 AM »
« Edited: March 02, 2015, 04:21:39 AM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=193051.275

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 04:22:57 AM »

Now, you wouldn't by chance remember the source for your August 2013 wiki edit to the bylaws by any chance? Wink I searched the conventions from that time and found nothing.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 04:42:34 PM »

We might want to expand on the Forum Affairs section. While CR is more focused on that aspect, we should also not neglect this opportunity to offer a truly conservative perspective on reform of the Atlasian political system.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2015, 06:02:29 PM »

I know I'm not a federalist but,
Why not a merge with the DRs?
Considering Pit is back and would fit well in both of these parties...

I mean, I can see 2 major problems with the former divide:
- it has worsened the relations between the libertarians and the socons. See the last presidential election, not all
- it has worsened the relations between the "right" and the "center": Duke facing a primary by Reaganfan, and then a challenge by Spiral.

I believe that a new divide Fed (merge between the libertarians and the fed party)/Civic Union would work better.

- I believe it is not difficult to unite the libertarian wing and the socon wing. Except some exceptions like TJ/Maxwell, the libertarians and the socon wing have many similarities. Indeed, the socon wing like JCL and DC is quite libertarian on some issues (like drugs, etc...) and the libertarian wing can be quite conservative on some issues (Madmanmotley, shua being pro life for example).

The biggest problem of the right actually I believe is that they don't manage to appeal enough to the "center" in order to win. That's why the divide moderate/ right would work much more. The right holding the most conservative seats in the most conservative regions, the "center" winning the swing regions etc.

Because seriously, a coalition of 3 PARTIES will never work in the long term. See Germany, the coalitions that works are always 2 parties, coalition of 3 parties always backfire.
Because honestly, come on, there are no difference between the current future fed chairman Pit and the DR chairman.

A 2 rightwing parties system would work: one moderate and one rightwing. If for instance it would have been Duke/Maxwell instead of Duke/Matt, I don't think there would have been problems with the right!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2015, 01:53:08 AM »
« Edited: March 05, 2015, 02:00:51 AM by IDS Judicial Overlord PiT »

This coming Monday, the Federalist Party will be hosting an event in honor of the people working to better their families and our country, voicing our support for both working class and middle class Atlasians. Everyone is welcome for a petition, speeches, and refreshments.

Keep a look out for it, because events like this don't come around often enough. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2015, 02:02:27 AM »

I don't give a sh#t about the 'middle class'

my constituency is the working class

AYE
[/quote][/quote]
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2015, 06:30:30 AM »

It appears that my post will change nothing. I can't say I'm surprised.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2015, 11:47:40 AM »

We are changing things. We just aren't going to follow your advice. Thanks.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2015, 11:49:30 AM »

We are changing things. We just aren't going to follow your advice. Thanks.
No need to be petty.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2015, 01:25:31 PM »

I have certainly thought about it. The Democratic-Republicans come out of a certain historical background, though, and one that makes merger with us unlikely. I'm willing to bring it up and discuss it, but I must say that I don't really see it happening.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2015, 12:36:51 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2015, 12:47:24 AM by IDS Judicial Overlord PiT »

In my region, it's already Monday, so I think that it is time that we go ahead and kick off Middle Class Monday, our event celebrating the Middle Class in Atlasia. While we may disagree with Senator TNF on how to go about tackling it, we do agree with him that the interests of Working Class Atlasians are important. At the same time, I think I speak for all Federalists and all right-of-center Atlasians when I say that the interests of the Middle Class also matter.

Ultimately, there is a place for Middle Class in our society. Throughout the history of our country, we have succeeded and flourished based on ambition. One of the most basic ambitions has been that of working Atlasians, both ones born here and immigrating from abroad, to rise up through their hard work and intelligence and join the Middle Class. While the esteemed Senator from the Midwest may disagree, I am confident that it is possible to raise all Atlasians and be a champion for each of these major interests in our country today. While the Atlasian right may have suffered a stinging defeat in these recent elections, I am confident that there is still a place for market-based solutions that will improve the livelihoods of all citizens in our country.

Today, we are getting together in a show of unity among the Federalist Party, Civic Renewal, the Democratic-Republicans, right-wingers in The People's Party, and other right-wing Atlasians. There are still some of us who believe that there is a place for a right-wing in Atlasia, and within it a place for different viewpoints and different parties. There are still some of us who believe that such institutions are necessary to offer a true alternative to the policies of Labor, and more than ever a need to effectively articulate them. There are still some of us who believe that just because the environment here may not be conducive to right-of-center Atlasians, that such should go or continue to go without representation.

Middle Class Monday celebrates those who drive our economy and consume in our economy, creating work for the producers of the Working Class. It also is here to remind us that there are still some of us who care about the interests of all Atlasians.
Prince of Salem
JoMCaR
Peru

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2015, 01:31:22 AM »

I don't give a sh#t about the 'middle class'

my constituency is the working class

AYE
[/quote][/quote]

x Altsomn Stmarken
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies